Moglet's Gallery [7th August 2019 - Japan Trip Update]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 199 comments
Thanks! Why were you covering your ears though?! The cars sounded awesome!

Because I'm hopeless and pathetic and it made my ears hurt at certain points :P Although to be fair I was standing right up against the fence, right by the exit of the paddock (i.e, exactly when they floor it) so certain bits were effing loud.

Only took a few photos in today but I'm very pleased with all of them. It looks like it won't be safe for me to go to work tomorrow so I'll get some snow shots up!

Very nicely done Moglet. The 2nd and third shot work well as a set. The first one is pretty interesting although it seems to have two focus points, the building as well as the person, which is a little conflicting although it certainly lends interest to the shot.

Very nicely done Moglet. The 2nd and third shot work well as a set. The first one is pretty interesting although it seems to have two focus points, the building as well as the person, which is a little conflicting although it certainly lends interest to the shot.

Yeah, it was shot from the window of a moving car so I didn't have the time to focus properly. I was thinking of making the other two into a set actually.

A few more from earlier;

They look awesome. 👍

The man-in-wheelchair one seems like said above, a bit "flat" due to the lack of depth, but at the same time is captivating with so much to look at.

Love the in-car blurred one, what speed did you use to do that? Looks pretty steady, especially because you were shooting handheld.

The other one has a fantastic depth of field, would love got get something like that on my shots. Also, great editing, I'm loving the tones on that one.

This last batch is also pretty good, but my favourite has to be the 1st one.
Great angle and colours. Really like it. Only thing I'd change a bit is the fact that the sky line is almost dead center, I'd cut a bit more out of the sky.

The dog one stands out for the sharpness of the subject and the lighting, but I'm not feeling the composition much, with the dog fully centered.

Last one seems a bit empty, with not much to look at, but at the same time has a good loneliness feeling, even with people in it.

May I ask how do you get the effects you have on the 2nd car shot and the "drain in the snow" one? I quite like that kind of shots, but don't have a clue on how to achieve that effect... :dunce:

May I ask how do you get the effects you have on the 2nd car shot and the "drain in the snow" one? I quite like that kind of shots, but don't have a clue on how to achieve that effect... :dunce:

Thanks for all of your feedback, the effects on those shots were done using Photoshop actions downloaded from DeviantArt 👍

Went to drive the Abarth 500 and took some photos;

abarth3lz7.jpg

abarth1mg8.jpg

dsc0001zp3.jpg

Too expensive though!

A few from today, these are the people I'm doing the wedding photography for, and some at the locations too;

Having seen the locations and talked it through with them I'm VERY excited about it! There is such an amazing view from the rooms the reception are in that will give me some stunning shots of the drinks in the garden at the hotel. I've also found the perfect location for the private shots. :)

I can see that chair is going to be put to good use. Looks great without anyone on it already. Nice one Moglet.

Thanks! I love the chair too! The room is full of them, it's such an awesome place to be in there, right at the top of the old castle. The views are amazing and the rooms are really bright and well lit.

Here's the view from up there;

Just been messing about with some long exposures, nothing too amazing, but it was my first time trying it so I wasn't sure what to expect really!

benchm.jpg

twist.jpg

watert.jpg

I like the hose photo. Very Creative.

Are you planning on shooting a dual carriageway or a busy street in town at night with a long exposure?

I like the hose photo. Very Creative.

Are you planning on shooting a dual carriageway or a busy street in town at night with a long exposure?

Well, I wasn't planning on doing so, but I ended up doing it on a quiet street on the Isle of Wight this weekend;
scenic1.jpg

scenic2.jpg

scenic3.jpg

scenic4.jpg

scenic5.jpg

For the images containing loads of little 500s, see the Videos & Photos section in the 'Cars' section of the forum 👍

Hmm...if FIAT is smart, they'll sent Abarthed versions over here...and it looks better with the open grill area.

I'd take that cliff shot and that beach shot as wallpapers. the beach shot is particulary gorgeous. sell that one to your visitors council, cause that might just convince me to try for another visit...

Epic photos as usual Mog but I'm really liking the last one alot, damn I wish I had interesting things to take pictures of where I live.

Hmm...if FIAT is smart, they'll sent Abarthed versions over here...and it looks better with the open grill area.

I'd take that cliff shot and that beach shot as wallpapers. the beach shot is particulary gorgeous. sell that one to your visitors council, cause that might just convince me to try for another visit...

Thanks, Sniffs! I'll see if the Isle of Wight council are interested in any of the images, might be worth a shot! If you want the images in bigger sizes just PM me and I'll try and upload them.

All your shots are brilliant as always Mog, but the last two are simply awesome 👍

Thanks! I love the tractor shot myself.

Epic photos as usual Mog but I'm really liking the last one alot, damn I wish I had interesting things to take pictures of where I live.

There are always interesting things to take photos of, no matter where you live! 👍

Anyway here are a few more from the Isle of Wight;

scenic6.jpg

scenic7.jpg

scenic8.jpg

scenic9.jpg

scenic10.jpg

scenic11.jpg

scenic12.jpg

scenic13.jpg

scenic14.jpg

Love the new pictures:tup:, nice use of the Monopod :D

Thanks! I didn't use a monopod for any of the images though. I used a tripod for the waterfall shots and the night time shots though. 👍

What was the shutter speed on the waterfall?

I must have a go with long exposures, it's one technique I've not yet tried.

Last edited:
What was the shutter speed on the waterfall?

I must have a go with long exposures, it's one technique I've not yet tried.

4 seconds
f22
ISO200
18-55mm Nikon lens + Hoya Circular Polariser
I love long exposures of water, I really want to get to a coastal area at sunset or sunrise and get a long exposure of some water rushing around the rocks!

I just noticed I totally missed the threads in the category "Photography and Cameras", what a shame.. But now I'm chaning this.. Your gallery is good.. eer.. excellent so far, including some great shots.. I especially like the sunset on the previous page :drool: 👍 Keep the shots coming!

I just noticed I totally missed the threads in the category "Photography and Cameras", what a shame.. But now I'm chaning this.. Your gallery is good.. eer.. excellent so far, including some great shots.. I especially like the sunset on the previous page :drool: 👍 Keep the shots coming!

Thanks Nenad! Even though my reply is very late :lol:
Here are some photos I took on my mobile phone;

bench.jpg

stairs.jpg

brum.jpg

glassn.jpg

Those are pretty cool Mog. What phone are you using? Those results are pretty impressive. +1 for arty feel 👍

Sony Ericsson C905, 8.1mp camera. I love it! Thanks for the feedback.

Latest Posts

Back