Most overrated car in GT6? (no flamewars)

My most overrated cars (please don't kill me! :scared:):

BMW's and Audi's. All of the modern roadgoing versions at least.

Look, I know they're good cars, I know they are affordable and I know they can be very fast.

But I think they are extremely boring in both handling (except the M4, which is truly bonkers) and appearance.

For example, in terms of performance, the Audi R8 is able to compete with Lambo's and Ferrari's, which is cool and all...but it looks like nothing special. It's not exceptionally beautiful or extreme, nothing. Same goes for all versions of the M5 or M3, great cars, but I don't see whay they're THAT special while everybody keeps raving about them...

I believe that's the whole point of an M3/M5. They are not suppose to be flashy. The M5, for example, has always been the sports car for a type of man who doesn't need gold wheels and big spoilers on his car to make it go fast. It's suppose to be professional and often mistaken for a normal 5 Series. That's the whole beauty of the M5. The M3 is a bit "younger" in style. It's still rather subtle and carries itself with manners, but you know deep down its a bit of a teenager at heart. I believe the R8 fits into the same style. There's a line where style meets function. I've driven an R8, a 458 and a MP4-12C, and no matter how much I loved the way the Audi drove (more so than the other two) I could never see myself ever owning one, because of the reasons you mentioned. It's not my style, but it fits Tony Stark pretty well! McLaren is my favorite car manufacturer and F1 Team, but again, I liked the Ferrari more because of its personality. I believe it takes a lot of talent to implement a certain type of feel for a car, one where you can grab anyone off the street, put them inside of the vehicle and have them experience the same thing. The M5 does this very well, in my opinion, and I can assure you that those who have taken their M5's to a track day, would call it anything but "boring." I'm an M3 owner, but I love the M5. My other cars are 60's Mustangs and old Datsun Z's, so the fun vs. serious factor equals out! Those are just my two cents.

That stupid Audi you win for gold on the S license tests. I love the one you get for the S class events, but not the license one.

Clear case of driver incompetence and trolling.

Quite true, I golded without incident on both 4 and 5, still the Veyron is a pathetic status symbol. On another note, all the Gran Prix Cars from the 80's and 90's (Jaguar XJ220 '92, Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89, Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89, etc are not so much overrated as outdated - an influx of post-millenia cars suitable for Sarthe, the Ring, etc is overdue.

For me, it would be the LLC Rocket because it has a very low top speed and has the ability to lose control (I use the Cusco Advan Impreza for a good handling car). Another nomination goes to the Veyron for very bad steering.
I wouldn't say it has a low top speed per say, it can do +300 mph without drafting.
960130_10200841736032610_1109994377_n.jpg

Quite true, I golded without incident on both 4 and 5, still the Veyron is a pathetic status symbol. On another note, all the Gran Prix Cars from the 80's and 90's (Jaguar XJ220 '92, Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89, Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89, etc are not so much overrated as outdated - an influx of post-millenia cars suitable for Sarthe, the Ring, etc is overdue.

Those cars were Group C Cars, falling under the Sports Car Racing Series (Group A being Touring and Group B being Grand Touring, set by the FIA) Let's not forget the Mazda 787B with its 4-Rotor Wankel Motor. If I'm not mistaken, it is the only Japanese racer to have won the overall win at the 24H of Le Mans.

So, I'm reviving my own (and long forgotten) thread after the polar opposite of this thread was revived today.

Anyways, I would like to nominate multiple cars. In every top speed lobby these days, there's at least one of these: Huayra, TZ3, One-77, Viper, GT-R (NISMO and BE are usually the most used), and the Enzo/FXX. It's almost like those are the only cars they can use. I hardly ever see any race cars, Cerberas, Veyrons, and any other high speed cars. People used to think the Veyron was overrated, but now I rarely ever see one in these type of lobbies.

The Deltawing. Slow as crap and handles even worse.
'slow as crap' is definately a wrong statement. Also 'handels even worse' is also not entirely true. I know exactly what you mean, but its closer to 'handles completely differently'. If you were to learn to drive it, it would be a very worthy competitor.

Redbull X2014 Fan Car every drag lobby I go in there's atleast one of those guys driving it...

That doesn't make it over rated. The car is probably the fastest accelerating car in the game, so obviously some people will be inclined to use it. it can't really be overrated if it is as fast as everyone thinks it is.

The Subaru BR-Z/ Toyota GT86/ Scion FR-S trio
They've got a crap top Speed even when it's fully built.
And their handling is crap...
:(

The Subaru BR-Z/ Toyota GT86/ Scion FR-S trio
They've got a crap top Speed even when it's fully built.
And their handling is crap...
:(
Sigh... That not even slightly what its about. In real life, these cars are an absolute blast to drive, and it comes with a good price tag too. My dad owns one, and we take it for a spin every once and a while and it instantly puts a smile on your face. Just because in a game the car feels much slower than a Huayra doesn't mean its an over rated car.

And anyway, the Delta-wing gets so much attention because of how different it is, not necessarily how fast it is. I believe it to be about as fast as most current LMP's, but it would not have picked up any attention had it been a regular LMP. So, since there is no denying how different the car is, you can't really say it is overrated, as it is exactly what it is rated; a very strange car that can compete with LMP's. Just a technicality.

I have to say that it goes to the BMW VGT.

It's styling is the most modern and realistic design, but the handling (for me) is a bit to heavy for me.

....................Most overrated car? Hmmm.........
Lotus Elise? No? Veyron? too obvious...
Oh I know: All of those 5 million+ credit cars. I happen to own all of them and they are not worth their admission fees....

Back