Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
Onboard of my qualifying lap from yesterdays VLN race at the nurburgring + nordschleife.

I set pole position in the Porsche GT3 Cup class but look what happened at the end of the lap...:scared:

Nice save. I do that on gt5 and I go into the wall 9 times out of 10.

And congrats on the pole.

Onboard of my qualifying lap from yesterdays VLN race at the nurburgring + nordschleife.

I set pole position in the Porsche GT3 Cup class but look what happened at the end of the lap...:scared:

That is one of the better saves I have ever seen, opposite lock both ways, impressive!

@Chris
Nice save with, let me guess, 270+ km/h? Btw. the car seems a bit narrow for you or is it normal that the helmet nearly touches the car roof?

thanks, well im 193cm or 6.4 feet so im on the limit height wise :)

telemetry showed that the car came sideways at 245km/h

Thanks for clearing that up, i watched the lap in 720p and fullscreen now and have seen the 245 on your speed indicator now. 👍

The joy in the end was cause you heard over teamradio, you got the pole position, right?

Thanks for clearing that up, i watched the lap in 720p and fullscreen now and have seen the 245 on your speed indicator now. 👍

The joy in the end was cause you heard over teamradio, you got the pole position, right?

Exactly, and then i told my engineer on what happened in the end of the hot lap and he was going crazy on how i could get pole position with that save hehe. quit the emotions going on there :D

:cheers:

Nice lap! Nice save too. Must be a good feeling saving it like that :D

thanks, well im 193cm or 6.4 feet so im on the limit height wise :)

telemetry showed that the car came sideways at 245km/h

You ever landed on your roof? I hope you have enough space for that! :scared:

How on earth did he walk away from that...amazing.

Probably because in that day he decided to wear a racing suit (wich are fire proof) instead of driving naked...

1. Racing suits are Fire-resistant, not fire-proof. Very few things are fire-proof.

2. His suit is the main reason he didn't get burned, but. also...when engines explode like that, it's usually pretty short. You can tell that as soon as the body was gone, the fire was pretty much out. And the air current from the moving car helped to further extinguish the flames. By the time he was stopped the fire was completely out. In that situation, I'd have the same reaction he probably did: A lot of cussing because my day was done.

Not too OMG/WTF, but I don't know where else to put this:

Helmet cam during the start of an actual F1 race:

<video removed on youtube due to copyright issues>

Last edited:
I said "OMG" when they both broke & Heartbeat's rear axle came off. :lol: Monster Trucks today just can't compare!

^I'm telling you, the only thing that can defeat a monster truck...is the monster truck's own ridiculous, fragile concept itself.

------------
"Rossi vs Lorenzo, the greatest motoGP finish in history of racing"

Castle Combe's infield is literally that, a corn field. Cars often have contact an fly into the field. It also catches fire often. When it is high in the summer, you just cannot find cars in there.

The cars look so pretty when they're pulled out of the field of oilseed rape! I bet they smell great too!

Just tried that.

Doesn't work at all, just makes it totally blank and black.

I am really quite surprised at why it doesn't seem to work at all. Hm, dodgy codec perhaps?

Just tried that.

Doesn't work at all, just makes it totally blank and black.

I am really quite surprised at why it doesn't seem to work at all. Hm, dodgy codec perhaps?

Ah yeah sorry, unticking hardware acceleration solves the green screen you may get on some videos, forgot to mention as someone has now said, that vid also needs to be 240.

Back