Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments

:eek:

That catch fencing probably saved the life of the marshal at 1:15.

Whoever was driving the red car inf ront of Daly is the biggest idiotic moron I have probably ever seen in racing.

A race ban and fine should be in order for that idiot

No rear wing and he's still swerving and blocking. Stupid!

Whoever was driving the red car inf ront of Daly is the biggest idiotic moron I have probably ever seen in racing.

A race ban and fine should be in order for that idiot

No rear wing and he's still swerving and blocking. Stupid!

He got a 10 race ban.

Uh, have you got a source to go with that? As near as I can tell, Suranovich was only excluded from the race results. He wasn't banned for ten races.

Speaking of Monaco, there was chaos on the opening lap of the GP2 race:

Monaco=Chaos
Oh god that's worse than 40 Jr.s going into the first corner at Sutton lol.
It's amazing to see all of the cars going around the slow one at the start.

Reserved for Thoomas Heikkinen troll racing during the final race of the GRC opening round. I'll post the entire final race if I have to.

The Suranovich and Daly incident was probably the stupidest accident I have ever seen and the stupidest act in all of motorsport by Suranovich. If indeed the 10 race ban penalty is true, he really deserved it.

If indeed the 10 race ban penalty is true, he really deserved it.
It's not. There is a chance he will be banned, but if he is, it will be because he made a rude gesture - according to Will Buxton - at the chief steward after the race. Although I have heard that the chief steward refused to allow Suranovich the chance to explain himself, which is very unusual. If ever a driver is called to the stewards, he is always given the opportunity to offer an explanation for his actions. It's often critical in working out precisely what happened (though less important in this instance). If Suranovich made that gesture to the chief steward because he was not permitted to explain himself, I probably wouldn't ban him. Maybe fine and reprimand him, but a ban would be excessive.

If I was the steward, I didn't give him a single chance to explain the incident and he gave me a rude gesture, I will be stupid to award him a 10 race ban penalty :lol:

But yes, I agree. A fine and reprimand will be enough. However, it still doesn't erase the fact that what he did in the race was plain stupid.

I'm not denying that. But he shouldn't receive a ban because he was upset that the stewards didn't give him a chance to explain himself.

Uh, have you got a source to go with that? As near as I can tell, Suranovich was only excluded from the race results. He wasn't banned for ten races.

Sorry.

Someone told me he had so I thought that he had obviously not though.

:eek:

That catch fencing probably saved the life of the marshal at 1:15.

What worried me more was the wheel that nearly landed on the person behind, that very nearly could have been an incident like Henry Surtee's.

What worried me more was the wheel that nearly landed on the person behind, that very nearly could have been an incident like Henry Surtee's.

It did hit by a car, probably just missed his head and hit the airbox instead.

Watch for the black Ford of Thoomas Heikkinen. You'll notice him first when he slams Travis Pastrana's Dart into the wall. He also takes out Dave Mirra later.

Here is a WTF moment I had yesterday when my right rear tyre decided to depart from the rest of the kart, just as I went round one of the fastest corners on the track.

Here is a WTF moment I had yesterday when my right rear tyre decided to depart from the rest of the kart, just as I went round one of the fastest corners on the track.
I hope you fired the right rear wheel man.

Very nearly horrifying accident and IndyCar yesterday.
Conways car comes so to Will Powers head then the stray wheel coming past just inches from hitting the other driver.
How much longer before they introduce canopies to IndyCar?

Last edited:
Here's a little less dramatic one, its amusing how calm Johnny is as it really looks like he's completely confused what is going on!

How to get past your team mate Helio-style.

I had to watch that a second time, completely missed it the first time. That was very close indeed, an inch or two further over and he would've had a bad day...

Wow, that's some of the most raw footage of a crash I've seen in a while, wish it lasted longer.

btw, anyone here up on how exactly Rally drivers communicate with their teams, especially for situations like this?

Same radios as in most racing series but higher powered?

Wow, that's some of the most raw footage of a crash I've seen in a while, wish it lasted longer.

btw, anyone here up on how exactly Rally drivers communicate with their teams, especially for situations like this?

Same radios as in most racing series but higher powered?

I think they have mics or something inside the car for communicating.

Back