Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
I'd imagine this is a repost considering it's one of the biggest OMG's I've ever seen in motorsport:

Nobody was seriously injured and even more surprisingly only 2 drivers were unable to take the restart.

Hopefully this is not a repost but this happened during a VW Cup race at Oulton Park about a week ago after the car's front brakes failed. The car went over the barrier and plummeted down the bank. The driver suffered minor injuries though but is now completely fine. The car is a write off.

Fairly certain this year is going to remembered as the year of constant start line crashes, here's another horrifying one. All ok.

The Audis were braking instead of accelerating and I'd really like to know what Thiim was thinking when he pulled into the Corvette. He has pain in his hip and legs, but nothing serious.

I know it's the main straight where accidents are uncommon but I'm surprised that small bank in front of the barrier is there, it seems like it'd always be likely cars would be lifted with any contact, just as they did.

Those scooter races look like amazing fun, and despite the scary looking crashes, most of the riders just get back up and get riding!

Isn't that Higgins and Craig Drew?
I don't know.

higgins.jpg

Yes, it would seem to be.

Back