• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,179 comments
The honda RA107.

dfa24d3e6c0628c9064b-LL.jpg

I love that livery.

I stand corrected. Your up then. 👍

Thank you sir.

---

McLaren once tested a car with an innovative front wing design.

1978-mclaren.jpg

What I want to know is this:

Year, Driver, Chassis, Circuit, Date.

Looks like an M26.

1978. Hunt. M26. Jarama. 23rd June. Lead Pipe. Colonel Mustard.

Tom
The testing date that I have is the 2nd of June, but it's close enough. Your turn..

That was awfully specific of you. I guessed 1978 and Jarama but could work out that it was Hunt and the M26.

---

My question:

Who was the last British Touring Car Championship driver who entered races during the Group A era to win a BTCC race? What was the event and year?

Do they have to have entered in a Class A car, or just the Group A era?

The question was Group A, the discipline or regulations. Class A is merely one of five classes that were used within Group A.

Tom
Kelvin Burt, Silverstone '97?

Burt's last win was at Silverstone, but that was in 1996. While he did race in 1990 where Class A cars were racing, the series itself was going through a transition and Burt was in the seperate, soon to be renamed supertouring, 2 litre class.

tl;dr = Wrong.

David Leslie TopGearFTW
Kelvin Burt Tom

Man I miss the Honda Integra so much if only because it managed to get some nice surprise independent results during its lifetime....;)

No answers from me as I can't be bothered to think of questions either. But I couldn't resist at least saying something :P.

John Cleland - Donington 1998

That was Cleland's last win, but not the last win of a Group A competitor. Sorry.

David Leslie
TopGearFTW
Kelvin Burt Tom
John Cleland daan

Michael Jordan, Mondello Park, 2006

And he's got it. Not one of the better known drivers of that era, Mike Jordan entered a few rounds of the 1989 season in Class C. His first and only outright victory came in 2006, making him the last of the Group A competitors to bag a victory, surpassing other names such as Rouse ('92), Harvey ('95), Hoy ('98) Cleland ('98) and Leslie ('99).

Interestingly, that win at age 48 also makes him the oldest BTCC race winner.

Starting from 2:00 you can see his Eurotech Racing Peugeot 309, and a brief name check is heard at 2:11.

David Leslie TopGearFTW
Kelvin Burt Tom
John Cleland daan
Mike Jordan SagarisGTB

McLaren MP4-17? In various iterations - A through to D - it made 66 starts in 33 races in 2002 and 2003.

Or do you mean an individual car, and want a chassis number or somesuch? In which case I have no idea.

Back