Motorsports Trivia Thread!

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,179 comments
What is the largest engine (in total cylinder capacity) to have ever won the 24 hours of Le Mans? Also, what is the smallest?

I assume you mean overall wins, not class wins? If so:

Largest: Jaguar XJR9-LM (1988), Jaguar XJR12 (1990) - both 6999cc.
Smallest: Ferrari 166MM (1949), 1995cc.

Yes, I meant overall, and yes, you are correct.

As far as class wins go, I don't know, but I wouldn't look past the 566cc Simca 5 that won the 750 class in 1939 as being the smallest. Nor can I think of a car with a larger engine than the Vipers (7986cc) that won the GTS class in 1998, 1999 and 2000.

The names Bruno Miniati, Paolo Verdi and Gabriele Vivoli are relevant to which driver, and for what reason?

Gerhard Berger, and they were the men who extinguished his flaming wreck of a Ferrari 640 at the 1989 San Marino Grand Prix.

It is widely believed that Ayrton Senna could have won the 1984 Monaco Grand Prix had the race not finished early. What was the component on his car that could have stopped him?

In which Chapman nearly got run over throwing his cap into the air! Rosberg picked up his first win in the next race in Dijon.

Which Grand Prix did Satoru Nakajima set the fastest lap? (& no looking on the web for the answer)

Latest Posts

Back