Museumsteve's multiscreen project

The bread bin transformation is happening as we speak 👍

picture.php

picture.php

museumsteve
The bread bin transformation is happening as we speak 👍

Intriging... lol

GT Toaster???

Edit: Oh yeah; and switch to brown bread. Much healthier! :)

Last edited:
hmm that red box has a great button box potential. airbrushed/stick some union Jack on that tin and make it a button box steve. can't go wrong with that red :)

lol...would be a monster button box :D

Anyway, I wanted to tidy up the power supply and controlelrs for the actuators :)

picture.php

Bought a chopping board from the 99p Store cos it was a perfect fit ;) Hot glued the USB controllers and screwed down the PSU :) (rubber matting under and around)

picture.php

I've ordered some race style stickers for it to jazz it up a bit....and once the red actuator covers arrive it'll fit in nicely :)

picture.php

picture.php

Steve buying nice gear is one thing, adding some creativity and d.i.y personalisation is another.

Superb idea and I love the elegance of it all too.
Even forward thinking to have it match with the red actuator covers, which ties in with your seat and room.

Cookielicious, om nom, nom, nom 👍

Even bread has the Union Jack LOL

Product marketing eh...
Thats nothing, lol...
2Ei7M.jpg

Last edited:
Steve buying nice gear is one thing, adding some creativity and d.i.y personalisation is another.

Superb idea and I love the elegance of it all too.
Even forward thinking to have it match with the red actuator covers, which ties in with your seat and room.

Thanks mate 👍

Bread bin - £10.00
Chopping Board - 99p

Just wish the damper kit arrived today :( Oh well, Monday's not too long :)

Excellent

Whispers.....
Yes I too will hope to be waiting soon on a long planned delivery from Ohio, sssssshhhhhh

Last edited:
Finishing touches now..

I got some stickers to finish the bread bin transformation 👍

picture.php

picture.php

Added red curtain behind the screen to go with the black..so it nicely matches the seat :)

picture.php

Chequered flag bunting along the top trunking :)

picture.php

My Simxperience kit arrived today so after a bit of disappointment at the different sized threads on some of the gear...a trip to B&Q and I was sorted.
Had a quick bash and the dampers really do make a big difference :)

picture.php

picture.php

Nice steve, looking good.

With your own d.i.y fixing for the actuators does it restrict you from positioning the seat forward/back?

Just had a few goes on a NASCAR motion similar based on r factor at the NASCAR cafe in Orlando.
I was jealous of you motion guys before, now I'm just hating you all.

Steve, looking fantastic all around!

Nice steve, looking good.

With your own d.i.y fixing for the actuators does it restrict you from positioning the seat forward/back?

I've not made a damper bar...still thinking about it, however I think I need to move the pivot under the seat slightly but that's on hold as I'm thinking about a new seat. With 'moving' the seat, it's not recommended having an adjustable/sliding seat with motion, just incase it all goes wrong :D

Caz
Just had a few goes on a NASCAR motion similar based on r factor at the NASCAR cafe in Orlando.
I was jealous of you motion guys before, now I'm just hating you all.

Steve, looking fantastic all around!

Thanks mate, you know I'm not even sure where or when I decided to go 'motion', but glad I did ;)

I've now finished everything I set out to do so I'd say I'm done :)

I am still looking at options for dash, button box etc but as it stands I'm done and very happy :) (still not done border tape though :D )

I decided to get a banner made to finish it off and add to the racetrack/industrial type feel I wanted with the room. Not sure where I'll end up keeping it yet...

picture.php

Love the industrial feel I've got :)

picture.php

I've finally sorted the seat/motion properly. I had to move the pivot under the seat, change the angles and measurements for the actuator anchor points and fit the new ball joints that came form simxprience, the end result is faultless motion with no harshness and more importantly no 'beep' from the actuators being under strain :)

picture.php

Not wanting to rest, I started to look at other additions so I'm starting on dash options.
I picked up a 7" Android tablet and a 8" Lilliput USB touchscreen monitor, which both arrived today.

I decided to try out Sli-Emu which has an android app. PC side supports most of the decent racers I play so for $7 it was worth a shot..and so far it's been great.

I've put the android tablet inside a seed tray because I wanted something that was easy to mount to the frame work and would also offer some kind of surround to cut down light in/out and give a dash kind of effect when looking front on through the wheel :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Lilliput screen is hooked up to the laptop I use to drive the x-sim Force Profiler program which drives the actuators. Having a smaller tuchscreen means it fits onto the frame work and the laptop can be put out of the way :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some tidying up to do with cabling etc tomorrow...then on to decide on a button box solution :)

Looking mighty fine Steve. It is a very clean environment, I actually like the messy cable look. Kind of like the interior of a race car but that's just my preference.

You mentioned you play strictly PC games but not much for iRacing? I guess you should decide which games you play the most and then decide if a button box is for you. I love the immersion that my Derek Speare "track boss" offers me. For iRacing it is pretty much enough. If you play say 3 or 4 different racers a "track boss" might be what you are looking for. You could use 1 row of buttons for each game and the covered switches could be used for all the games "starters" and "ignitions"

What ever you decide you are well on your way, good luck and happy racing.

Thanks mate :)
I did try iRacing but I prefer offline racing, mainly because I dont need to commit to any meets/race times etc which I cant do with my work commitments. GTR Evolution is my game of choice right now and with the amount of mods available, it will be for a while ;)
I like to try and make my own stuff where I can so I picked up some buttons and a LeoBodnar board and I'll see where I go from there ;)
I definately need a wiper switch though cos bugs are always hitting the screen in GTR :D

Ya, I like the Sim Bin stuff, when I don't want to commit to a race with iRacing I usually do some hotlapping or Time trial in iRacing. I find it's physics and everything about it so much better then anything out their. Racing is a real pleasure with iRacing.

You certainly are not alone with how you feel about iRacing, it's model is not for everyone. I am always on the lookout for new racing games such as pCARS and Sim Bins new GTR 3? It seems that no one game has everything, some are close and others just suck :D

I will watch out for your button box, there have been many guys building their own as of late including a few guys from GTPlanet. You certainly have the talent and ability for building one. Good luck Steve.

Thanks mate :)
I did try iRacing but I prefer offline racing, mainly because I dont need to commit to any meets/race times etc which I cant do with my work commitments. GTR Evolution is my game of choice right now and with the amount of mods available, it will be for a while ;)
I like to try and make my own stuff where I can so I picked up some buttons and a LeoBodnar board and I'll see where I go from there ;)
I definately need a wiper switch though cos bugs are always hitting the screen in GTR :D

Look into the new Derek Speare Design boards, they don't support pots (at least I don't think they do) but will be better for a button box than a Leo Bodnar board.

Not sure my button box will be very complicated so I would have thought any board will do. I nearly picked up an iPac2 as I use one in a mame table and at the end of the day it just emulates a button press but I ended up going with the easiest one to order and it arrived the next day :)

I'm using a keyboard matrix for mine, as well as a DualShock 3 board for GT5 controls, with an Arduino and some digital logic and opto couplers for latching switches and things. A Leo board will be perfect for you, Steve, I was considering one myself but as I'm studying electronics I thought it better to make as much of it as I could on my own... Getting started is proving difficult though because there's a lot to think about.

Not sure my button box will be very complicated so I would have thought any board will do. I nearly picked up an iPac2 as I use one in a mame table and at the end of the day it just emulates a button press but I ended up going with the easiest one to order and it arrived the next day :)

Have a chat with Simon (the_greeze) his button boxes are very nice.

Back