Museumsteve's multiscreen project

DualShock 3 board for GT5 controls,...
Are you referring to the actual board taken from a DS3? If not, where can I get one?
Will it work in Tandem with a Fanatec wheel or does it have to be one or the other?
Pardon the ignorance, and the off topic all, not very acquainted with button boxes yet.

Edit:☟ Thanks neema_t! PM sent.

Last edited:
JogoAsobi
Are you referring to the actual board taken from a DS3? If not, where can I get one?
Will it work in Tandem with a Fanatec wheel or does it have to be one or the other?
Pardon the ignorance, and the off topic all, not very acquainted with control boxes yet.

I was referring to the actual board, and it will work alongside any wheel but only on GT5 because it lets controller 2 control the game if the first controller is a wheel. PM me if you want to talk about it more.

Took a vid racing Game Stock car...which is my current fav racer.
I think I'll treat myself to a new camcorder soon cos the iphone struggle in a dark room :(

Took a vid racing Game Stock car...which is my current fav racer.
I think I'll treat myself to a new camcorder soon cos the iphone struggle in a dark room :(

Thats one game I would also like to try... maybe when I get a gaming PC...

Really nice setup... but those cars have a sequential (stick) shifter (on the right side) :D

Thats one game I would also like to try... maybe when I get a gaming PC...

Really nice setup... but those cars have a sequential (stick) shifter (on the right) :D

lol..I've not got a sequential stick yet ;) I'm probably gonna order another TH8, I really cant be bothered switching my TH8 between H/Seq every time ;)

lol..I've not got a sequential stick yet ;) I'm probably gonna order another TH8, I really cant be bothered switching my TH8 between H/Seq every time ;)

I dint know that it was troublesome to switch between modes :ouch:

But nevertheless I was just kidding with you :D... I'm really jealous ;)

I dint know that it was troublesome to switch between modes :ouch:

But nevertheless I was just kidding with you :D... I'm really jealous ;)

To switch between modes you have to remove the shifter knob, unscrew top plate, loosen adjuster screw and turn shift plate round and then put it back together. I'm sure some have found a quick way but I like to put a game on and chop and change between classes etc so 2 shifters would be well used ;)

As for being on wrong side :D most games are on the wrong side cos they all drive on the wrong side of the road :sly:

I 'made myself' a sequential shifter (really just re-mounted a G25 shifter's guts) to sit on my right while my H-shifter is on my left, or what is known as 'The Correct Side'... I would ideally like to have two dual mode shifters but I would also like to have some money to live off of, so a compromise had to be made. It's nice to have a choice of side as well as shifter style but not necessary, so in my opinion (and possibly Steve's too) as soon as any effort at all is involved in switching side it just isn't worth it. Maybe if you knew you'd be driving left hand drivers for a long time you'd change it, but for alternating often... Who cares enough to want to change it every time?

it would be nice if shifters had a quick release halfway up the cable, or perhaps a screw-in VGA style directly into the shifter itself. i cant speak for Fanatec or thrustmaster, but my G27 shifter is impossible to disconnect from my wheel without 20 mins of awkward unbolting of the wheel from my cockpit.

a quick release (or double ended VGA or USB style cable) would be quite easy to mod into a shifter i would think, though to move it over to the other side, you might still need to unbolt it depending on how its attached.

my shifter/button box are mounted on a separate structure that i can swap over to the other side with a bit of heavy lifting and no unbolting. i designed it as such so i could 'Go British' (or Japanese) for a day and switch it back without the awkward unbolting. the only problem with my design is that when i want to slide my cockpit out of the way, i have to slide the wheel and shifter about 30cm each at a time so the interconnected shifter cable does not stretch or snap.

sorry to get away from your topic steve:ouch:

I'm not sure if the other thing to watch is number of controllers in use.
I cant remember what it was but I seem to remember something I was using said it supported maximum of 3 controllers. I cant even remember f it was a specific game or a mod or app or something..
I use CSR with clubsports, TH8 and button box. I use the clubsports through the wheel so it's seen as one controller. If I add another shifter that'll show as 4 controllers.
Now I need to try and remember what it was that said there was a limit :D

It's time to start making changes...and I found Sketchup a little daunting, so I'm trying stuff out using card ;)
I'm planning on starting the changes this weekend

picture.php

It is my first post on this thread but I follow it for a while. Congrats for the way you live your passion. Some can think it is about money, but I know it is more about a lot of work, creativity.

Sorry for my english, I just want to translate the respect that inspire your work.

It's time to start making changes...and I found Sketchup a little daunting, so I'm trying stuff out using card ;)
I'm planning on starting the changes this weekend

picture.php

I like the look of that side console so far :)

Os ot just for your shifter or will you have a button box on it too?

It is my first post on this thread but I follow it for a while. Congrats for the way you live your passion. Some can think it is about money, but I know it is more about a lot of work, creativity.

Sorry for my english, I just want to translate the respect that inspire your work.

Thanks mate...definately not about money. I'm a single Dad who spent last 7 years bringing my son up and running a business..and now he's old enough and works himself I'm enjoying the freedom of having time (and space) to do what I want to do ;)
I dont smoke or drink..so what I spent on things like my shiny new DSD Pro Shifter (for example) some people spend on a weekend boozing...and I'll still have my shifter after they sober up ;)

I like the look of that side console so far :)

Os ot just for your shifter or will you have a button box on it too?

Planning on having a button box in there as well, but probably not the main game one.

museumsteve
I dont smoke or drink..so what I spent on things like my shiny new DSD Pro Shifter (for example) some people spend on a weekend boozing...and I'll still have my shifter after they sober up ;).
awww, but booze and sim racing go together so well! :)

I dont smoke or drink..so what I spent on things like my shiny new DSD Pro Shifter (for example) some people spend on a weekend boozing...and I'll still have my shifter after they sober up ;

I don't drink or smoke either so can relate to this. God, I'm such a nerd :lol:

the_greeze

I think in here you have to clasify as a nerd (amoungst nerds). I dont drink or smoke anymore either, but only because I never looked cool doing it anyways haha. Staying home and playing video games when I was very young gave way to chasing girls and misbehaving, then to being a good father/husband and staying at home playing video games.

I'm still pluggin away slowly but surely ;)
I wont make any more changes until I get the CSW stuff as the wheel will be a different fit etc. Once done I'll likely reduce the distance a bit more between the wheel and screens..still pondering.

Haven't fitted my DSD button box and may now sell it (never used it) as the CSW has more than enough buttons for me, especially as I dont race iRacing ;)

7542144966_0e3458256b_z.jpg

Lookin' good Steve 👍 What's the little monitor used for?

You do know that sequential shifter is on the wrong side, right? ;)

Lookin' good Steve 👍 What's the little monitor used for?

You do know that sequential shifter is on the wrong side, right? ;)

lol....dont joke mate :D took me ages of playing and pondering before deciding where it felt better ;)

The small screen is a lilliput USB touchscreen which I have hooked up to a laptop hidden behind one of the front panels that runs x-sim. Having the touchscreen means I can make changes on the fly and quickly change profiles if I change game :)

I don't drink or smoke either, well occasionally I'll have a shot of Bailey's in my coffee or hot chocolate.

Haven't fitted my DSD button box and may now sell it (never used it) as the CSW has more than enough buttons for me, especially as I dont race iRacing ;)

Just curious why you bought it if you already have enough buttons? Also Steve you should not give up on the idea of iRacing. I know you said you are always busy but I look at it if you are putting this much effort into your rig you should give iRacing a good try, say for 1 year. You don't always have to race 5 or 6 nights a week. If you can put in at least 2 nights a week I think you can enjoy it. Anyways it's great to see you are still plugging away on your rig.

Back