My BMW E30 320i, '84

• Thread starter Tha-Ran
  • 49 comments
Tha-Ran, go look for an 3.5 to put into the E30. Or a Hartge turbo engine. It will be awesome.

@ Slick Rick, probably in the future :)

@ Dennisch, this car is atm too new to swap an engine (In my eyes). I admit it would be nice as hell :)

New OEM spoiler on the 1M :)

6dac6b98.jpg

4b903327.jpg

4546c0e8.jpg

I was asked if my E30 could join the other 3-series in the showroom by the introduction of the new F30 3-series.

3ec6ab40.jpg

2b4450f6.jpg

27a430e9.jpg

0aa96a8f.jpg

2aefb758.jpg

And here a couple of photo's made by an friend

BMW1M2.jpg

1mCoupe9.jpg

1mCoupe3.jpg

1mCoupe21.jpg

1mCoupe14.jpg

The wheels that are now under the 1M are the 'winter' wheels, and our 'summer' wheels just got painted

IMG_4061.jpg

Really nice '84 you have there... 👍

I have a '85 325 myself, but its not in use at the moment as the fuel tank is leaking, and a few other minor issues. :nervous:

But the E30's are great cars and can are lots of fun. :D

Congrats on having your car invited to the F30 launch, that's a pretty high honor. I'm on a E30 specific (for the most part) forum here in the US, and the Site Owner posted a message he got from BMW NA where they were looking to borrow a clean, stock looking E30 for a few days while they do some lineage photography with it for the F30 launch in the US. The cars that they choose are in impeccable condition.

Your E30 looks very clean; I wish mine looked nearly as nice as yours.

Really nice '84 you have there... 👍

I have a '85 325 myself, but its not in use at the moment as the fuel tank is leaking, and a few other minor issues. :nervous:

But the E30's are great cars and can are lots of fun. :D

They sure are, do you have some pic's of yours? :)

Thats cool they used your car in the dealership, you probably got a free car wash inside and out from them?? :D

Yes they've detailed my car, only not from the inside. But hey, a nice opportunity to shoot some pictures and a clean outside is always nice :)

Congrats on having your car invited to the F30 launch, that's a pretty high honor. I'm on a E30 specific (for the most part) forum here in the US, and the Site Owner posted a message he got from BMW NA where they were looking to borrow a clean, stock looking E30 for a few days while they do some lineage photography with it for the F30 launch in the US. The cars that they choose are in impeccable condition.

Your E30 looks very clean; I wish mine looked nearly as nice as yours.

Ah thank you :) They've tried at the dealership to get very clean cars, and they succeeded except for the E36. Here it is very hard to find an clean, unmolested E36.

And something else about American E30's, what's with the extra large bumpers and the reflectors at the side of the car? I always wondered why they've done that.

Ah thank you :) They've tried at the dealership to get very clean cars, and they succeeded except for the E36. Here it is very hard to find an clean, unmolested E36.

Indeed, from what I've heard, in Europe E30s are starting to be old enough where all of them are hidden away in a garage and considered a classic, while 3-series people would drive something newer, leaving the E36 to be the "beater" of sorts. On the other hand, here in the US, there are plenty of E30s and E36s that are daily driven still, and some are in pretty darn good condition.

And something else about American E30's, what's with the extra large bumpers and the reflectors at the side of the car? I always wondered why they've done that.

Those were added to satisfy US safety laws. For a long time, the US had a 5mph bumper requirement, and the small metal bumpers didn't satisfy it, hence the extra large bumpers. By 1989, the US E30 received the same plastic bumper as in Europe. We call our US style extra large metal bumpers, "diving boards." The European style small metal bumpers are relatively sought after by certain E30 enthusiasts here.

I've edited the picture of the Evo in photoshop, so to give an idea of what it will look like when it is finished :)

IMG_2513--.jpg

Evo5decal.jpg

Last edited:
Brought our OW01 outside today, always nice to see this bike again :)

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

Here a test with the Gopro Cam, should've cleaned the windshield haha

Last edited:
Your Dad is a boy racer !! LOL

Lucky You!! To be growing up in such a nice environment!

I am subscribing to this thread !

Back