My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
Won the 24 minutes of Nurburgring in a Honda Odyssey again last night.

Fully modded with stage 3 weight reduction, high RPM turbo, and custom suspension. It was hilarious.

Nuumlrburgring24h_2.jpg~original

Nuumlrburgring24h_4.jpg~original

Nuumlrburgring24h_5.jpg~original

Nuumlrburgring24h_6.jpg~original

Nuumlrburgring24h_13.jpg~original

Nuumlrburgring24h_8.jpg~original

Edit: Uploaded my own pics. :)

Last edited:
Won the 24 minutes of Nurburgring in a Honda Odyssey again last night.

Fully modded with stage 3 weight reduction, high RPM turbo, and custom suspension. It was hilarious.

Can we see video of that? It must be a riot...
Also, it gives me ideas of stuff to try.

Side thread of the most ridiculous car to win the 24 Min of Nurburgring?

I just recently did the 24 minutes of the Ring and there was a very noticeable and quite distracting stutter every time an AI car went into the pits. Has anyone else experienced this? It forced me into several offs when it caught me mid turn. It turned a very enjoyable experience into a rather annoying one. :grumpy:

I just recently did the 24 minutes of the Ring and there was a very noticeable and quite distracting stutter every time an AI car went into the pits. Has anyone else experienced this? It forced me into several offs when it caught me mid turn. It turned a very enjoyable experience into a rather annoying one. :grumpy:
This is the main reason I don't enjoy the S races.

Last edited:

Yep had the same problem

I've got probably at least a thousand driving hours on Nordschleife from Forza 2, I know the track like the back of my hand. Then I went to GT6 and it's similar, but I find a couple of corners harder, especially where the road is a lot lot bumpier and uneven on GT6, and the lighting is a lot different, which makes 1 particular corner hard I don't know the name of it- the one at around the end of 2 minute - 3 minute mark ish in 500 ish PP cars where you're going down and you have to brake after a gentle sweeping right to a tight right leading onto a long straight slowly sweeping left- that corner lol it's much harder to judge in GT6.

I think you are talking about Flugplatz or Aremberg...

Well, back from the real Nurburgring, been training in Renault Clio RS III on VLN Training und Einstellfahrten. Did 19 laps in my Alfa R. 159 Ti on TF (Touristenfahrten) on Sunday 23.03 :-) and have driven ca 2500 km last 5 days ;-) just back and forth Nürburg and lapping Nordschleife etc.

I was on same lap when this happen, I was nearly back on the GP Circuit when the red flag came.. :

Last edited:
Well, back from the real Nurburgring, been training in Renault Clio RS III on VLN Training und Einstellfahrten. Did 19 laps in my Alfa R. 159 Ti on TF (Touristenfahrten) on Sunday 23.03 :-) and have driven ca 2500 km last 5 days ;-) just back and forth Nürburg and lapping Nordschleife etc.

I was on same lap when this happen, I was nearly back on the GP Circuit when the red flag came.. :

Oops... that will not polish out!
Ouch!

I bet that was one heavy impact.

Not nice going off at flugplatz in GT, let alone real life.

Last time I played GT6 I joined a Nürburgring free run lobby and drove around in the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, completely stock (if such a term can apply to a car like that), and it was absolutely amazing. I don't know why I've never driven it there before. In fact I don't know why I don't drive it all the time. I also had a fun race with a Corolla RunX while I was pootling around in the Click race car, he was faster than me on the straights (as are pedestrians, probably) but I could corner more or less flat out, so he'd breeze past me then tens of seconds later I'd barrel past him on two wheels. Naturally I lost because of Tiergarten being the final section before the finish line, but it was still fun.

I have to say, though, my obsession (the OP did ask) is Tsukuba. That's probably because of Best Motoring, but doing hot lap time attacks there is great fun. I find I fall into a sort of trance and just do lap after lap, sometimes improving my lap time, sometimes not. It's also the only track I like to drift around.

Last edited:
Last time I played GT6 I joined a Nürburgring free run lobby and drove around in the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, completely stock (if such a term can apply to a car like that), and it was absolutely amazing. I don't know why I've never driven it there before. In fact I don't know why I don't drive it all the time. I also had a fun race with a Corolla RunX while I was pootling around in the Click race car, he was faster than me on the straights (as are pedestrians, probably) but I could corner more or less flat out, so he'd breeze past me then tens of seconds later I'd barrel past him on two wheels. Naturally I lost because of Tiergarten being the final section before the finish line, but it was still fun.

I have to say, though, my obsession (the OP did ask) is Tsukuba. That's probably because of Best Motoring, but doing hot lap time attacks there is great fun. I find I fall into a sort of trance and just do lap after lap, sometimes improving my lap time, sometimes not. It's also the only track I like to drift around.
The GT1 TURBO was born as a soul mate to the Nordschleife. Well if you ask me it was.

1391512085965.jpg
1391527556920.jpg
1391527569246.jpg
1391527562577.jpg
1391512093400.jpg

Very nice pictures!!
Thankyou very much 👍 :cheers:

Just a pinch from a very large collection of GT1 Nordschleife shots I've taken. Way too many to be honest. But it's very photogenic and it handles the Nordschleife in a way that I have only felt in a handful of cars, so I run it there very regularly, and like to take too many photos.

Here's a few more(that's it, I swear) :

1391512083968.jpg
1391512444010.jpg
1391512087974.jpg
1391512445823.jpg

Latest Posts

Back