My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
Thankyou very much đź‘Ť :cheers:

Just a pinch from a very large collection of GT1 Nordschleife shots I've taken. Way too many to be honest. But it's very photogenic and it handles the Nordschleife in a way that I have only felt in a handful of cars, so I run it there very regularly, and like to take too many photos.

Here's a few more(that's it, I swear) :

The one with the FL tire off the ground juuuuust a tiny bit coming out of the Karoussel is brilliant.
Very nice.

I've never ran the GT1 there (actually don't own it), so I guess I know what I'm doing tonight when I get home.
After three days away, the Ring is calling.....

The one with the FL tire off the ground juuuuust a tiny bit coming out of the Karoussel is brilliant.
Very nice.

I've never ran the GT1 there (actually don't own it), so I guess I know what I'm doing tonight when I get home.
After three days away, the Ring is calling.....
Yes, I love that one too.

That's why I love the car, its so alive!

It does have slight* over rotation issues though, with the stock setup.

If you have any issues I can post my setup for you to try. Setup for RH with a DFGT no assists (abs 0).

*absolutely ridiculous

What's the time range for a lap in it?
I like taking them stock and slowly building it up, so you can see the car improving, so I'll watch out for the "slight" issues.

I'll buy it once I get home and report back tomorrow. Mine won't look as pretty, though, because I tend to choose the worst color possible for the car (benefit of not being forced to actually drive it in the street and all).
And I'll of course take some pictures of the inevitable crashes in the 3rd and 4th laps (once you feel confident enough to push it hard and then push it too hard and wreck the car - it's so predictable, I can see it happening already....)

Any one would be interested in setting up a few Tourist Sessions around the 'Ring for the people here?
Seems like it could be quite fun to see everyone around there.

Any one would be interested in setting up a few Tourist Sessions around the 'Ring for the people here?
Seems like it could be quite fun to see everyone around there.
I seem to find several people from this thread almost every night.

Saw this today, apparently driver continued on, covering the track in fluids and causing complete track closure yesterday. Which is odd as in GT6 it tends to be FocusRS drivers causing issues.

Last edited:
I seem to find several people from this thread almost every night.

Saw this today, apparently driver continued on, covering the track in fluids and causing complete track closure yesterday. Which is odd as in GT6 it tends to be FocusRS drivers causing issues.

Silly boy, obviously couldn't handle the car. Should've slowed down after the first incident and cooled off a little.

Silly boy, obviously couldn't handle the car. Should've slowed down after the first incident and cooled off a little.
I even try to take a breather online after an off, I can't imagine being in the right state of mind to continue on. I've had some pretty sketchy incidents IRL and it generally takes me a few smokes and brief walk before I even want to get back in the car.

Wow!

Lucky boy!

Also I'm sure, helped by a slight smattering of talent. But lucky that he didn't slide off track (what normally happens to me) before it completed the spin.

He didn't seem to turn in too aggressively, and didn't touch the kerb so It just shows how dangerous that corner is in real life.

I never see the AI behave like that ! Damn, if only it was the same for all AI races !
Usually they give up, the moment you overtake them, even on the hardest arcade settings ( bar the lead car anyway ). Looks great in the replay, nice upload! đź‘Ť
This is with my infinite lap setup of catching the rabbit, then slowing down the pack, sometimes 2 or 3 rabbits bolt and they all want to fight.

Once, I caught the 2 rabbits and they were actually trading places, and paint.

You can get this behaviour, is just kind of needs to be forced.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-to-have-some-fun-with-offline-racing.305086/

This is with my infinite lap setup of catching the rabbit, then slowing down the pack, sometimes 2 or 3 rabbits bolt and they all want to fight.

Once, I caught the 2 rabbits and they were actually trading places, and paint.

You can get this behaviour, is just kind of needs to be forced.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-to-have-some-fun-with-offline-racing.305086/

I've had a lot of fun in Arcade mode with the Professional AI too. Ran the VX220 Turbo at the 'Ring and had a terrific back and forth with an Esprit 350 Sport. The VX220, even the turbo version, can't hang with the 350 Sport on the flat-out sections so I would eke out a little lead through the technical portions and then have him right up my tailpipe again after a bit of flat-out section.

Situations like that really drive home the fact that there's a difference between the "trackday line" which is the fastest if you're on the track alone, and a defensive line for racing. And, to be clear, I'm not talking about a dirty defensive line where you're weaving all over the track, just a line that eliminates the easy passing opportunities for someone behind you while still being well within the rules of clean racing.

nurburgring ROCKS thats why all my videos are made there hope you guys like

GT6 Nurburgring Nordschleife Camaro Z28 '69 550pp Lap Time6:30 With Tune

Here is a link to gtplanet tune database where you can comment and rate the tune for this specific car and where i'll be updating my tunes if i can improve them
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/chevrolet-camaro-z28-69.115/

GT6 Nurburgring Nordschleife Zonda R '09 650pp Lap Time 6:00 With Tune

Here is a link to gtplanet tune database where you can comment and rate the tune for this specific car and where i'll be updating my tunes if i can improve them
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/pagani-zonda-r-09.119/

Last edited:
I am in love with The Ring, currently my go to is the premium M5 with a few mods, flat red, with colour changing red rims. Does the lap in the mid 6:50's and it's a lot of fun through the turns. It's a challenging track for sure, but that's what makes it a lot of fun.

I'm hoping to hit it IRL next time I'm in Europe (1-2 years), it's on my bucket list for sure.

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen... :sly:;)đź‘Ť
idMDQzMDkxMTlkOTFhYzI2YQ==-0314bbdfb797796e5726ff115f4599d4.jpg

;)

To describe the weekend in 2 words: TOTAL CHAOS !!!! :lol:

Queuing on the Döttinger höhe straight :lol: (not my picture)

BmuXnX5IEAEL2Ov.jpg:large

That's awesome!

I hope when (if?) the GT6 "Club" feature comes out, we can start a "club" for those who take the Nordschleife seriously. I hate how most "touristenfahrt" rooms are usually filled with idiots who can hardly handle the car they're driving, only join to use the straight to dragrace or drive the wrong way...

Back