My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
I would have opted for better AA than better shadows in GT6.

Me too! The lack of AA in GT6 is the biggest graphical eye-sore in the game imo, GT5 had much more effective AA & looked much better as a result.

Wow, i feel a bit late to this thread, but i will give it a shot!

I will tell you the story of this track in my life:

10 years ago when i got myself the long expected GT4, was the first time i was really introduced to the Ring, i already knew the existence of it, but only after driving and learning it on GT4, that i fell in love. It is not figuratively speaking, i was really in love.
I couldn't spend a day without looking for new pictures or new videos, or even the hidden paths in the forest. I think i have more than 300 pictures of it and i was following every German site that i could find, it was really a Nordschleife hunt.
It was so mystical for me(still is), maybe because it has two things that i most love: nature and motorsport( i love women too, don't be jealous ladies).
I can't describe the feeling that this track brings to me, it is just a piece of art, a way of living, no other track has ever come close to it, maybe because all others tracks that i know had lost its true nature. The flow that she provides, the sensation.....it just whisper in your ear "faster faster!" And suddenly, you are under the spell of the Green Hell.

One day i will realize my dream of driving on it.

I will leave you guys with my teacher of the Nordschleife, the fearless man, the incredible Motoharu Kurosawa, better known as Gan-san. It is really worth watching.

#SAVETHERING

Last edited:
Wow, i feel a bit late to this thread, but i will give it a shot!

I will tell you the story of this track in my life:

10 years ago when i got myself the long expected GT4, was the first time i was really introduced to the Ring, i already knew the existence of it, but only after driving and learning it on GT4, that i fell in love. It is not figuratively speaking, i was really in love.
I couldn't spend a day without looking for new pictures or new videos, or even the hidden paths in the forest. I think i have more than 300 pictures of it and i was following every German site that i could find, it was really a Nordschleife hunt.
It was so mystical for me(still is), maybe because it has two things that i most love: nature and motorsport( i love women too, don't be jealous ladies).
I can't describe the feeling that this track brings to me, it is just a piece of art, a way of living, no other track has ever come close to it, maybe because all others tracks that i know had lost its true nature. The flow that she provides, the sensation.....it just whisper in your ear "faster faster!" And suddenly, you are under the spell of the Green Hell.

One day i will realize my dream of driving on it.

I will leave you guys with my teacher of the Nordschleife, the fearless man, the incredible Motoharu Kurosawa, better known as Gan-san. It is really worth watching.

#SAVETHERING

It's never late...Nurburgring every time...(nice video, good takes of camera before time attack)

So just as I had everything in place to take at visit in 2015 for the 24 hours, they announced the date for next year was moved again to May.

So that's it then, but! Plan B will spring into effect and I'm going to rent a nice, modest car for a couple of laps or 5 ;) and go for some tourist laps in summer next year.

Tbh I was always afraid of doing this, but it's my 40th birthday next year and my gf insists to come along.

Still some time to go, but I'm terribly excited its going to happen for real next year.

... we've finished this year in the Top60 :-) r.

(yes, i know, #60, in GT5, and one member of our team was an "AI" - but still ... it was really cool!)

Last edited:
driving like a boss !!!!Wippermann to Brunnchen 2015!! :lol::cheers::gtpflag:

10421429_10204252413974309_6749650973472282403_n.jpg

Holy smokes, that is impressive!
I did it in the 'Ring too, but on the GP circuit. hehehe

What was the car? Was this an career event?

Congrats again. Mighty accomplishment.
i did when i was making a setup for the focus wrc (premium) on free run

Just started getting around the ring in the f430 '06 with confort soft and 100% stock tune, it's surprsingly fun :) i'm around 8:20 for a clean lap now,

What is a decent lap with it and what is a fast one?

Just wondering because i just started racing with confort tires and all aids off beside abs 1

With this news: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/07/inmotion-im01-nurburgring-le-mans-garage-56-report/

I took to the Nurb last night, using what I thought to be an existing car in GT6, none other than the recently added Toyota TS030 Hybrid, and tweaked what I could, with no AIDS, RM tyres (I just like Medium tyres of all kinds, they are underrated) and finished some back to back laps in exactly 6:00:35s, really wanting to bring it under 5:59s:999 , and couldn't due to repeated minor mishap around the track, but highly doable. Anyone have success in under 6 minutes with it? :) I will post a video as soon as I do,

I'll be lapping the Ring on the 13th of July in a rented Suzuki swift. First time with a rental, first time on semi-slicks, first time in a FWD :)
Did 6 laps this morning, most of them nearly full wets. Last 2 laps the track started to dry a tiny litlle bit at some places.
Definitely need to hire the swift again when it's dry :)

And did a 10'35" BTG in the daily, a mighty Yaris 90 hp diesel (in the dry)
Managed to overtake a 315hp Porsche boxster on that one :D

Touristenfahrten0489Nuerburgring_zps18dd8646.jpg
Touristenfahrten0225Nuerburgring_zpsd6ce108c.jpg

Did 6 laps this morning, most of them nearly full wets. Last 2 laps the track started to dry a tiny litlle bit at some places.
Definitely need to hire the swift again when it's dry :)

And did a 10'35" BTG in the daily, a mighty Yaris 90 hp diesel (in the dry)
Managed to overtake a 315hp Porsche boxster on that one :D

Touristenfahrten0489Nuerburgring_zps18dd8646.jpg
Touristenfahrten0225Nuerburgring_zpsd6ce108c.jpg
You should make onboard video.👍

Latest Posts

Back