My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
I like the Nurb a lot but I can't run any one track for extended periods of time even the glorious Nurb. I'm usually there for at least one tuning attempt with each car and once I've set a clean lap I'm usually off to the next track to make sure my setup works at all different kinds of tracks.

I think the Nurb is the worst track in the game to race at:lol: Unless you're in a club or league or with friends you know and trust that is. The quality of racing with pubbers is atrocious, they just blast into every corner crashing and smashing their way through the first couple of corners. Add to that they are usually on several tire grades more than the car came on and don't really "know" the track but all think they are Ayrton Senna because of the racing tires. :lol: The key to victory here is starting in front with a car that launches well, get through the first corner clean and usually you're free and clear. I know the track like the back of my hand but it doesn't help me when someone rams me off the track under hard braking.:mad:

You seem like a Veteran Nurburger, i need a gauge, ive just got back to using my wheel and have started having another crack at the ring. Ive been tough on myself as ive set Traction Control and ABS to 0 and have set the track as real.

So far ive tried four cars from stock here goes: Nissan GT-R Black Edition 12 7:39.256 Nissan GT-R Nismo 14 7:30.547 (now 7:21.292)
BMW M4 Coupe 7:40.263 NSX Type R 02 7:55.532(update 7:49.602) are these respectable times?

Im sure i can improve more btw this thread has got me in the zone!

Last edited:
You seem like a Veteran Nurburger, i need a gauge, ive just got back to using my wheel and have started having another crack at the ring. Ive been tough on myself as ive set Traction Control and ABS to 0 and have set the track as real.

So far ive tried four cars from stock here goes: Nissan GT-R Black Edition 12 7:39.256 Nissan GT-R Nismo 14 7:30.547
BMW M4 Coupe 7:40.263 NSX Type R 02 7:55.532 are these respectable times?

I'm on my phone so I don't have the link, but somewhere around here you'll find a GT6 Nurburgring Laptime Board with the laptimes of lots of stock cars on stock tires. That's your best bet for comparison. I have a few laptimes posted there along with several others.

I'm on my phone so I don't have the link, but somewhere around here you'll find a GT6 Nurburgring Laptime Board with the laptimes of lots of stock cars on stock tires. That's your best bet for comparison. I have a few laptimes posted there along with several others.

ok i`ll have a look , and also hope ive got the multi quote thing right here goes .. click

So far ive tried four cars from stock here goes: Nissan GT-R Black Edition 12 7:39.256 Nissan GT-R Nismo 14 7:30.547
BMW M4 Coupe 7:40.263 NSX Type R 02 7:55.532 are these respectable times?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-nürburgring-lap-time-board.294583/

That's the thread JP was talking about. I loved to post times there but nowadays is a dead thread.

Yeah, she liked it. Only the Karussell was a bit strange for her.

49503 - (2).jpg

Your girlfriend is not the only one that likes speeding at the Nordschleife ;). Back in 2011 we had a nice battle against that couple in the Super 7. Great memories. She shared all my laps there with me. The first laps, the thing that most shocked her was the steepness of some sections and the sudden high speed slope changes.

Ive come to like the nurb a lot in the past few months. I don't know if its the fun I have online on this track or what, I don't know. But this track has become one of my tracks for testing cars (besides suzuka). My fastest time on the 24hr variant is about 8:10 in my awesome Audi r18 anniversary edition. Still I have not mastered this course (don't think I ever will) but the challenges that I face on every lap make it worth my time.

Hi Nordschleife fans,
I'm looking for some help and advice. I'm about the do an online race at the ring and I'm no expert on the track. I'm going to practice, but would you generally advice long gearing for a better high speed on the long straight, or closer gears for the rest of the track. I'll be too inconsistent to draw good conclusions myself.

The cars I'll be racing are around 600PP.

Thanks.

@TonyLomas 5, 6 or more gears?

I tend to keep my top two gears for the long flat out sections like flugplatz to aremberg and the lower 3 or 4 for the twisty bits.

I also try to do everything from the karusell to pflanzgarten II with minimal shifting keeping mostly to 3rd or 4th depending on if I have 5 or 6 gears respectively. There's a couple places where you may want to drop a gear and a couple where you will go up one but my better times tend to be the ones where I've been able to hold my gear through most of that section.

The long straight at the end is a good place to test your top speed obviously but to test to see if you're gearing is right for the top end the very long flat out left between bergwerk and klostertal is a better place to test if you've got the long gears right. Since you're going up hill most of the way and if you have too much top gear you'll bog down. Also going down hill right before Adenauer Forst is good to test if you're gears are too short. If you're bumping the rev limiter there you need to lengthen your top gear some.

Last edited:
So far ive tried four cars from stock here goes: Nissan GT-R Black Edition 12 7:39.256 Nissan GT-R Nismo 14 7:30.547 (now 7:21.292)
BMW M4 Coupe 7:40.263 NSX Type R 02 7:55.532(update 7:49.602) are these respectable times?

Since the 1.12 FFB update has made the T500RS FFB very good, I've been working through many road cars doing something similar myself. But since Sports Hard tyres are too grippy for simulating real road car tyres I've been using TC/ABS = 0, stock except for oil change, and fitting Comfort Softs instead. Obviously only clean laps, if I go off track I restart.

Currently my best time on CS tyres was with a GT-R '07, 7:50. I've also managed the R8 4.2 in 7:54, and the M4 8:02. I'm gradually working up from cars in the PP 450 range towards PP 550, improving my lines and understanding where to take more speed. It's a lot of fun :)

P.S. Just as a comparison, driving cars like the 458/MP4-12C/SLS on CS tyres in GT6 feels very similar in terms of speed and grip levels to running those cars in Assetto Corsa on the semi-slick tyre option. AC's road tyre option for these supercars have even less grip, more like Comfort Mediums. That's why I use CS tyres in GT6 when hotlapping road cars.

I guess this is one of the best place to post it:

A Lap at nurb with Comfort Softs in a self tuned Alfa166. Would like feedback on the setup and on my driving; certainly not the best lap i ever did there but i'm quite new at tuning and Comfort tires.

Enjoy the view :)

Back