My Racing Simulation [Build 07]

• Thread starter jujunosuke
  • 860 comments
Hi nascarfan!
Thank you for your support as always!

Actually, i didn't post much recently, that is very true.
No screenshots, no news.

But there is a reason for that.
The game has improved a lot recently.

On the visual side, on the optimization side, and much more.
The thing is that i can't show or tell everything here because there are some strategy before the launch day of the game that i need to protect.

But here are some news that are safe to tell.
- I made a build on my iPad, its working like a charm and the controls are nice and smooth with the accelerometer.
Visually, it look better than Redline Racing Build 07, so for mobile devices i think it looks quite good.

- Game should come with at least 3 racetracks or more.
- Release date has not been fixed but i am almost sure that it will be released before end of the year.

I keep delaying the release but its worth it.

Hopefully, i will be able to post some screenshots soon.
Cheers.

Hi nascarfan!

No screenshots, no news.

The thing is that i can't show or tell everything here because there are some strategy before the launch day of the game that i need to protect.

- I made a build on my iPad, its working like a charm and the controls are nice and smooth with the accelerometer.
Visually, it look better than Redline Racing Build 07, so for mobile devices i think it looks quite good.

- Release date has not been fixed but i am almost sure that it will be released before end of the year.

Cheers.
Fantastic news! C:

Should I by any chance feel familiar about one of them? :)

I'll get back to doing my thing once I'm out of homework, I kinda feel guilty for all that progress you make in the technical department ( :cheers: ), yet I fall short doing a simple string of text :lol:

Hi nascarfan!

No screenshots, no news.

Cheers.

I could beta test ipad version if you like and give you some feedback , I have a ipad4 with retina .. Also jailbroken so I can install what I like not what apple wants me to install

Lovely project you have going on here, @jujunosuke. Good luck for the further development of the game and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you speed up the whole process. 👍

I could beta test ipad version if you like and give you some feedback , I have a ipad4 with retina .. Also jailbroken so I can install what I like not what apple wants me to install

Thanks! I think i will need beta testers when the game will be close to completion.
Need to check the bugs and get feedback from users anyway.
I will let you know later on this thread :)

Lovely project you have going on here, @jujunosuke. Good luck for the further development of the game and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you speed up the whole process. 👍

Thank you for your sweat comment GT-R.
For the development, basically its almost finished.
Just need to fix a lot of details, and add some contents to the game now...

Hey everyone, i have a questions for you guys.
Do you like the License test in Gran Turismo ?

I may implement that before the end release.
Basically same thinking as GT series, with Bronze, Silver and Gold time to get.

Would you guys have any idea on how to make it different from GT series ?

Thanks! I think i will need beta testers when the game will be close to completion.
Need to check the bugs and get feedback from users anyway.
I will let you know later on this thread :)

Thank you for your sweat comment GT-R.
For the development, basically its almost finished.
Just need to fix a lot of details, and add some contents to the game now...

Hey everyone, i have a questions for you guys.
Do you like the License test in Gran Turismo ?

I may implement that before the end release.
Basically same thinking as GT series, with Bronze, Silver and Gold time to get.

Would you guys have any idea on how to make it different from GT series ?

No problem if I can help then I will help been watching your thread since the first post. One person cannot do everything but you have had a bloody good go

No problem if I can help then I will help been watching your thread since the first post. One person cannot do everything but you have had a bloody good go

Yeah, reading the thrad since the first post is quite interesting, you can see the visual quality getting better and better, its also interesting to see all the peak and lack of motivation.

Since the whole thread, GTPlanet members have been awesome!
I will never forget.
Its quite exiting because its very rare when developers are that close to the public. You guys can ask me directly anything or give feedback.
I can then adjust and modify the game balance and contents directly :)

Keep going buddy, if I was you I would have this as a side project and forget porting this to android/ios I would personally offer a spinoff for mobile devices maybe a drift version you could even call it spinoff ;). You have put far too much time and effort to ditch all your good work to then go to a touch screen or motion controls, do a drift game added 3 drift tracks and 3 cars and sell it for £1. This will give you a little capital to fund your main project that you could advertise in your mobile game.

Also I seen many request for steering wheel support but I haven't seen anyone offer you a wheel for testing, so to the people who what wheel support buy this guy a wheel or send him one... At this point though I think you have enough to approach the likes of thrustmaster fanatic Logitech and ask if they will donate one so you can offer official support I know people who have had full sim rigs delivered to them free from Rseat just for having a sim racing forum , with only 60 members , this is the path I would go..

This is just the way I would go if I was in that position cash strapped and want to improve my product , I have very little experience at what do as a programmer, I have experience with making physics for rfactor actually I have only made drift physics for 3 cars , all were made with a wheel. And I have made my local track Llandow race track it was opened by Graham Hill no less
image.jpg

If you would like the physics and the track I would donate them to your course the track is rough texture wise but all the data was done via GPS and is very accurate , compared to my experience .

I noticed in build 7 that the cars have real life names, won't it be better to give them fictional names to prevent copyright issues.

Don't call them license tests. Have time-trial events, yes.
Oh, very nice idea!
I think i will go for Time-Trial Events then!

I noticed in build 7 that the cars have real life names, won't it be better to give them fictional names to prevent copyright issues.
I am negotiating with some dealers at the moment to get some real license.
I can't say more now.

Last edited:
:) I like the reward system... But let's add a "secret" reward for really fast drivers...

-platinum (hidden)
-gold
-silver
-bronze

Hey your just full of good ideas ^^
Making it totally hidden ?
Or visible after getting all gold or something ?

Anyway, thats cool!
I need to think about a very very nice and unique reward for all platinium then.
Like something you cannot buy at all.

Or a hidden set of even more difficult challenges?

If you hide it, then even the 10 year olds can brag "I beat the game!" But their dads will laugh "most of it..."

;)

@vasiliflame
Sorry dude i didn't answer to your questions.
Actually, as i said the PC version is not a priority for various reasons, so i keep improving the mobile one ATM.
The PC version didn't bring enough people so now i am more thinking about porting my game for steam or similar platforms. Its much more fun for me to try challenges like that.

At the end of the Year i will have to release the game for iOS Apple Store, and Android Google Play.
I am very exited about it, but i will have the responsibility to make an solid application that is bug free and that have many events and contents. (I love to put pressure on myself :))

Anyway guys i have another good news!

It is now possible to DRIFT in a realistic way!
The drift is very controllable and feel very realistic. (Video coming soon)

So expect some drift events!

However to make the drift easier, you will have to use the proper settings on the car, and depending on the car layout, some cars will be easier to drift than some other cars.

And a Drift Park Course coming as well!

That's ok bro, I was just throwing an idea into the melting pot, you got balls going up against the likes of real racing that is a monster of a game for ios/android.

Good luck any I will keep an eye out in the ios store :)

P.s when you do make it could you make it compatible with blutrol as people will be able to use a ps3 pad then ..

Best regards vas

==================================================================
REDLINE RACING
http://www.redline-e.com

The Build 07 is finally ready!
Still a long way to go but it already show the potential of the game.

garage_01.png

cars_zondaR_01.jpg

cars_zondaR_02.jpg

DOWNLOADABLE VERSION

Redline Racing Build 07
http://www.redline-e.com/download/

KEYBOARD CONTROLS

***Menus***
Space to select or enter + arrows to navigate.
Escape to leave (Dealership menu only)

***Ingame***
You can control the car with keyboard, Gamepad, or Mouse (Mouse require some practice :))
A or S to change gear, space bar to handbrake

Gameplay video of Build 07
Video made by rallymorten

Video made by Flex0r

Gameplay video of Build 06
Video made by Diatosta

Hi all !
I am actually working on a Racing Sim that can be playable on PC and MAC for free.
I do it on my freetime so the progress pretty much depends on my schedule..

Here are the features i have been able to achieve so far.

Engine
- Modifiable Torque Curve (Nm)
- Engine friction
- Rev limiter

Transmission
- Unlimited Number of gears
- Gears ratio
- RWD

Tire
- Tire model based on Pacejka 96. (Longitudinal, Lateral)

Others

- Air resistance
- Rolling resistance
- Mechanical resistance
- Ground adherence (asphalt, wet surfaces, gravel, grass, snow)

Features Comming soon
- Turbo Simulation
- Smoke (Visual Effect)
- Weight distribution
- Traction circle (Friction combining)

Car model is RWD only at the moment, but when the RWD model will be stable, it will not be hard to add FWD and AWD i guess.

I would be really happy to receive feedback from gtplanet community.
More screenshots and a video to come soon.

Good Luck! Have fun with it!

That white stripe on the front bumper..

Livery editor, W.I.P. license plate or simply graphics bug?

Back