My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
Are you using the design program from 20/80?
I'm trying at the moment to find a supplier here in the UAE for them or at least something similar.
That stuff seems like a good idea to design my second rig ;)

No i'm using google sketchup, which is free and works great too:tup:

80/20 is just one of the many who sells these aluminum profiles. I could not find an 80/20 supplier either here in the Netherlands, but i found another company who sells the aluminum profiles.

Last edited:
I've been quit busy lately :)

BIG rig update coming soon:

A lot of alumininum parts arrived last week:

img8622n.jpg

I made some brackets for the Mini LFE Simvibe edition out of 8mm solid aluminium

image00001xp.jpg

Double isolators at the back of the seat for stability.
Left and Right seat mounts are seperated for better tactile feedback.

image00002nz.jpg

More updates soon ............:)

Let's hope the rig functions as well as it looks. ;)
I am sure you have been enjoying yourself last weekend. :P

Thanks Christiaan :)

Although i was planning to take it for a extended testdrive the whole sunday morning, i ran into some software issues.:grumpy:

Simvibe just would not let me use two soundscards at the same time, not even after a fresh install. Finally i got i sorted out by selecting extensions mode first at the installation and than add chassis mode later after the installation was complete. That did set me back a couple of hours, but i just managed to do a quick run with a "general profile" in Dirt 2 and it was pretty intense :D

I finished my new 80/20 race frame for my rig

44036212.jpg

I designed it in Google sketchup

These were the targets

- Optimize the entire rig for the best possible simvibe performance in my situation
- It needs to be easy to separate the seat section, so i can remove it during the day
- A fast and easy connection of the transducers to the amps
- Enough room under the desk for my feet during working hours
- Has to be solid and look nice
- Reduce any unwanted noises and vibrations
- Needs to be fully adjustable, seat up/down, seat angle, pedals up/down, pedals angle ect ect.
- Using the two available simvibe modes

I'm using simvibe chassis mode combined with the extensions mode:

48365625.jpg

Simvibe chassis:

-2 Mini LFE's SE left / right at the pedals
-2 Mini LFE's SE left / right under the seat

Simvibe extensions :

- Pedals - 1 BKG2 at the Pedals (engine rpm / gear change)
- Seat - 1 Butt kicker Advance (LFE for impacts)
- Shifter- 2 Mini LFE's (engine rpm / gear change / speed based wind noise)

The whole frame is mounted on a checkered plate with rubber isolators. In addition to that, i also isolated the pedals and the seat.

My previous testing proved that (in my case) this is the best solution : Better performance and less bottoming out

The seat mounting is separated in Front / Back, but also at the back in Left / Right. This way i can clearly feel the different tactile zones and directions

The pedal stand: Fully adjustable. 8mm solid mounting plate, mounted on isolators.The center part is retractable

97238506.jpg

34906621.jpg

The entire race frame mounted is on isolators. Pedals and seat sections are joined by two hand screws.

88535279.jpg

Double isolators on the back of the seat for stability

image00002nz.jpg

Front tactile: 2 mini LFE in chassis mode and the BKG2 in pedals extensions mode

95532120.jpg

Tactile LFE with the butt kicker advance under the front section of the seat

16825478.jpg

Rear tactile: 2 mini LFE in chassis mode and 2 min LFE in extensions mode. Left / Right separated

85205015.jpg

Left 2 mini LFE's in extensions mode / Right 2 mini LFE's in chassis mode

35889165.jpg

Connector for connecting the transducers to the amps

66511907b.jpg

Three amps with a total of 1150 watts of tactile power. In reach, so i can adjust the volume during racing

46361548.jpg

The new frame in "My 46 55 46 office Rig"

Is this picture you can also see how little space i have behind me. The wall is the main reason i can not upgrade to a motion rig, that's why i build an extensive tactile one

29833801.jpg

85112071.jpg

The pedal frame mounted under the desk, fixed with two hand screws in the floor

46518922.jpg

New wheel mount made out of 8mm solid aluminum

12395362.jpg

Pedal frame retracted under the desk, seat frame on wheels for moving it

14020068.jpg

Hope you guys like it, feel free to leave any comments :)

Looks great mate really nice and clean with everything you need. So how well does all the extra tactile and simvibe software work?

Looks great mate really nice and clean with everything you need. So how well does all the extra tactile and simvibe software work?

Thanks Mark,

The tactile feedback is great, but i have not reached the full potential of the rig yet.

A lot of the effects i can feel much better and are better tunable

For each game i still have to create and tune a profile manually for both the chassis and the extensions mode combined.
That's gonna take a lot of time.:)

In addition to the normal profiles, i also want to create a "silent" profile for racing while the familily sleeps.

I especially like my BK advance much more now than i did before. Because it's only used for Impacts, i can turn up the volume pretty high. When i do hit something, i can REALLY feel it :D

Very nice and clean. Awesome build.
How is the tactile?

Edit: Sry, didn't see your post ;)

Gotto do some hardware hunting tom

Damn! Beam me up Scotty!

Very clean, awesome attention to detail!

All that 8020 hardware must have taken a bite out of the wallet!

Its the fastening plates and such that hurt the most, tubing is actually the cheapest part.

I know, I am in the midst of finishing mine up finally.

Last edited:
Are you using the design program from 20/80?
I'm trying at the moment to find a supplier here in the UAE for them or at least something similar.
That stuff seems like a good idea to design my second rig ;)

I have been using that for my rig I am almost finished with now.

It is a plugin that has to be run under AutoCad called AutoQuoterX.

AutoQuoterX is free and 8020 has great tutorials to get you up to speed.

The costly part is AutoCad, retail price is $3500+ for AutoCad 2013, unless you go Academic version which also generates a watermark. Occasionally someone on eBay will sell the license for an older version for much cheaper.

AutoQuoterX will run under several older AutoCad versions, and 8020 is slated to release a new version before year's end that will work with AutoCad 2013 and 64B Windows systems.

The really nice thing about AutoQuoterX is that it will actually generate a Bill of Materials for your design that includes all the part numbers.

That takes a lot of the guess work out poking around the 8020 catalogs when it comes to ordering the stuff, or calculating how much it will dent your wallet.

Last edited:
Damn! Beam me up Scotty!

Very clean, awesome attention to detail!

All that 8020 hardware must have taken a bite out of the wallet!

Its the fastening plates and such that hurt the most, tubing is actually the cheapest part.

I know, I am in the midst of finishing mine up finally.

You're right on the cost. The aluminium profiles them selves were the cheapest, but add to that the cutting cost of each profile, all the bolts and special nuts and connectors. A lot of shipping cost ( i ordered at multiple companies)

They really add up. :)

It was pretty expensive, but i'm pretty happy with the result. This rig should last a long time

but add to that the cutting cost of each profile, all the bolts and special nuts and connectors. A lot of shipping cost ( i ordered at multiple companies)

They really add up. :)

It was pretty expensive, but i'm pretty happy with the result. This rig should last a long time

Yes, I forgot about that, if you do not have the equipment to cut the profiles or to tap the ends should that be necessary it really adds up.

...and even in USA, where 8020 is headquartered, I have had to order from multiple sources, and pay for shipping costs too. The local distributor only carries limited stock.

I agree, costly, but I got what I wanted instead of compromising with a ready-made solution.
I also designed mine so that it will be scaleable for future expansion.

I will be posting details about mine in the next few days, but it will only be the poor country cousin compared to yours.

Your setup is awesome! :cheers:

Holiman this is an amazing setup and i need to build it 100% to this exact specification, exactly what you've done (minus the buttkicker/seat). I've pm'd you, please please please could you give me the measurements of all the parts and also what connectors i need and also some more pictures of the back of the seat in particular so i understand how you've tilted it.

thank you

Holiman this is an amazing setup and i need to build it 100% to this exact specification, exactly what you've done (minus the buttkicker/seat). I've pm'd you, please please please could you give me the measurements of all the parts and also what connectors i need and also some more pictures of the back of the seat in particular so i understand how you've tilted it.

thank you

I think its rather cheecky or nieve that you ask him to give you his plan's to his 100% exact spec , the software spend alone to design it was very high and for you expect him to just hand it over for free?

especially as this is your first post , you could be a company that could get a free design and then profit of it. :ouch: and do no work what so ever

if i was holiman and decided to share his plans i would charge you for atleast for design royalties , £20 for thease plans is well worth it maybe more but thats just me 👍

Last edited:
I think its rather cheecky or nieve that you ask him to give you his plan's to his 100% exact spec , the software spend alone to design it was very high and for you expect him to just hand it over for free?

especially as this is your first post , you could be a company that could get a free design and then profit of it. :ouch: and do no work what so ever

if i was holiman and decided to share his plans i would charge you for atleast for design royalties , £20 for thease plans is well worth it maybe more but thats just me 👍

erm wtf?

are you mental. i could measure it up myself but the guy has taken detailed photos of the whole thing, and shown all the pieces laid out.

what difference would it make if he just gave me the measurements and a few more pics?

if i was a company, the guy has given enough information and pics about it to build it themselves and turn a profit, but thats the risk you take with anything you put on the internet.

this is a forum about simrigs, and building simrigs, and this particular simrig is perfect for PC desktop users like myself.

ive realised i dont need the measurements anyway because everything starts with the width of the pedals and the width of the seat, so i dont need his help anyway.

youve made a dumb comment because this forum is clearly to help people build simrigs, and people are taking the effort to show how they made it. i do not see any issue in asking the person building the simrig for some tips or a little help.

i wasn't asking for blueprints, all i said was 'i want to build this 100% exactly the same, i need some basic measurements and a few pictures of the seat mechanism'.

if you read properly what i said then you wouldnt misquote me. i wasnt asking him for '100% exact specification', i said 'i need to built it 100% to this exact specification'...........as in..........i want to build mine to look exactly like this.

Last edited:
....the software spend alone to design it was very high and for you expect him to just hand it over for free?

I think you confused the software cost with my earlier post, HoiHman stated that he rendered the design using Google SketchUp, last I checked its free.

I disclosed that my 8020 rig's drawings were rendered using 8020s AutoCad plug-in earlier in this thread. While the plug-in is free, AutoCad is not and is quite expensive.

Hi slopps,

Glad you like like it 👍

Don't worry about me charging you for the plans :)

I do have some bad news though : i do not have the latest plans anymore.

My hard drive crashed just after i ordered all the 80/20 parts and i had to build everything from memory.

I do have an early sketchup file which you can download on the Iracing forum here:
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/downloadAttach/1559509.page

Not all the measurements are exactly the same in the final build though, butt his might get you started. I'm afraid i can help with all the exact measurements, but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask and i will do my best:)

Hi slopps,

Glad you like like it 👍

Don't worry about me charging you for the plans :)

I do have some bad news though : i do not have the latest plans anymore.

My hard drive crashed just after i ordered all the 80/20 parts and i had to build everything from memory.

I do have an early sketchup file which you can download on the Iracing forum here:
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/downloadAttach/1559509.page

Not all the measurements are exactly the same in the final build though, butt his might get you started. I'm afraid i can help with all the exact measurements, but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask and i will do my best:)

nice one cheers. I've mocked up my own thing and sent off the details to a couple of companies to get a quote anyway - using your pics as a guide.

ive trawled the websites and this really is the best solution for an all-in-one office under desk simrig.

I think you confused the software cost with my earlier post, HoiHman stated that he rendered the design using Google SketchUp, last I checked its free.

I disclosed that my 8020 rig's drawings were rendered using 8020s AutoCad plug-in earlier in this thread. While the plug-in is free, AutoCad is not and is quite expensive.

Sorry it seem's i did get a bit confused , but i stand by my word after all the hard work and thought thats been put into it , i would kick myself if someone else built it exactley the same mm perfect as my own. but i buy model airplane plans to build so paying for blue prints to me is second nature it also help the individual to fund future projects.

and yes iam mental Slopps :crazy:

Just a picture of the recent updates:

dsc02749wh.jpg

Added a DSD Velocity R5, new CSW ipod holder and offcourse a new CSW.

More details later.

PS: Not happy with my CSW, hope this will change soon.

What is it you don't like about it?

And what are you using to hold the ipod there?

Did you do that in 8020 too?

Working out pivot additions on mine now for BT keyboard and an iDevice holder myself.

The bracket for the Velocity R5 is made out of 80/20 (thinner than those from my rig), again fully adjustable and super solid. The ipod holder is made out of aluminium combined with composite material and it mounted directly on the CSW. I will post some more detailed pictures later

Looks great Henk.....Makes me want to get some Iproducts lol

Thanks Mark :)

The I-devices are great simracing peripherals..

Back