My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
Time issues, family life and work might interfer with that though. I almost never have the time to race a couple of hours straight without having to pauze at least a few times. That is the main reason why i allmost never race online.

I too raised a family, mostly as a single parent. Nothing at all was more important to me then my family and by the sounds of it, the same goes for you. Yet as tiring as raising a family can be we still manage a few hours here and there to find time to address our hobbies. :)

I will have some extra time to spend racing, now my rig is about complete.

I made a keyboard / ipad holder, it rests on the housing for amp and EQ

It's easy to reach when racing for any tactile adjustments and gives me that nice cockpit feel that you want in a race rig

image00002kb.jpg
'

The ipad can be used for controling the mouse, but i also made a button box

fotoql.png

For now it's only for iracing, but it works great and it's very easy to customise

Here's a video of the button box :

I also made a video about setting everthing up from office desk to race rig

Last edited:
This build just keeps getting better every time I visit the thread. The engineering involved with this is impressive.

Nice, look forward to more details on your preferred configuration. Also tell us more on your PC/Soundcard settings output your using.

Typical realtek audio (onboard) has much lower dynamics compared to good quality cards. Approx 80db compared to some cards around 120db. You will find now tweaking and making comparisons in settings will enable you to get the most out of your tactile setup.

What we all want is control to adjust how one car/game might differ greatly to another. A sub is very useful for getting that sometimes missing rumble in the 200-2000+ Hz range. The sub however needs to be part of your platform/seat to really add its own unique tactile rumble. See I told you it can lead to more and more.... :). However look at what you have compared to what you were considering in the BK Gamer.

Nice reading your progress yet frustrating reading others enjoying theirs.
After a long delay I will soon be continuing my own testing on my wooden base configured with 5 subs and planned 6-7 tactile for the base structure. So hope to learn a lot from this, learning more about tactile experimentation is rather fun.

Last edited:
Progressing nicely. I still love how clean your setup looks every time I see it. I might have to make a keyboard stand or something myself on the rSeat at some point. However for now I will make due with putting it on the ground next to me. Although its annoying to have my iPad there, especially with iHUD on it.
That button box app looks interesting though, might have to look into that myself.

Oh and why did you block mobile devices on the vid where you setup the rig?

This build just keeps getting better every time I visit the thread. The engineering involved with this is impressive.

Thank you CAMAROBOY69 :)

Nice, look forward to more details on your preferred configuration. Also tell us more on your PC/Soundcard settings output your using.

I'm running the PC from the subout of a X-fi Extreme music, both consoles (xbox360 and PS3) are running in combined stereo
You also got PM'ed. Love to have some advice on the double soundcard solution.👍

Progressing nicely. I still love how clean your setup looks every time I see it. I might have to make a keyboard stand or something myself on the rSeat at some point. However for now I will make due with putting it on the ground next to me. Although its annoying to have my iPad there, especially with iHUD on it.

That button box app looks interesting though, might have to look into that myself.Oh and why did you block mobile devices on the vid where you setup the rig?

Just bought the IHUD app for Rfactor 1&2, will try to set it up tommorow
The app i'm running on the ipad is called HippoRemote

Here's the mobile version of the setting up video without the audio and therefore no copyrights restrictions:dopey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRmxImbFFPc&feature=youtu.be

Love this. What software did you use for the ipad button box?

It's HippoRemote, you can fully customise it. With just one touch of a button, the ipad transfers from a button box back into a mouse pad. I always found myself stretching to use the mouse on the desk. The mouse pad works perfectly.

You can also design multiple button boxes and change them ingame

It only works on Iracing, for now, but i'm working on other games too.

I really love this set up! And agree with Logi, it's because of how clean and tidy it is. You never see minimalism in a cockpit build, but you've pulled it off!

LOL I have hipporemote, I never saw anything to design your own buttons. Is that a plugin or something you have to run on the desktop and then import to the ipad?

HoiHman
Just bought the IHUD app for Rfactor 1&2, will try to set it up tommorow
The app i'm running on the ipad is called HippoRemote

Here's the mobile version of the setting up video without the audio and therefore no copyrights restrictions:dopey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRmxImbFFPc&feature=youtu.be

Will have to get hipporemote at some point too then. Thanks for upping this vid as well, but I would have booted my PC at some point and looked. The lift seems noisy though. Have you been able to trace the sound and why it is that noisy?

Will have to get hipporemote at some point too then. Thanks for upping this vid as well, but I would have booted my PC at some point and looked. The lift seems noisy though. Have you been able to trace the sound and why it is that noisy?

The sound just comes from the powerfull electric engine and it's not so loud as it seems in the video. This is my third tv lift already, i had two replaced by warranty. This one is actually much quiter that the first two.

But still you don't wanna raise it in the middle night though and risk waking up the family:)

You'll love the Hipporemote app, i also use it to controle my mediacenter PC.

LOL I have hipporemote, I never saw anything to design your own buttons. Is that a plugin or something you have to run on the desktop and then import to the ipad?

I jailbreaked mine and created my own buttons in paintshop pro. I used ifun box to upload them into the hipporemote directory

I really love this set up! And agree with Logi, it's because of how clean and tidy it is. You never see minimalism in a cockpit build, but you've pulled it off!

Thank you again........:)

HoiHman
The sound just comes from the powerfull electric engine and it's not so loud as it seems in the video. This is my third tv lift already, i had two replaced by warranty. This one is actually much quiter that the first two.

But still you don't wanna raise it in the middle night though and risk waking up the family:)

You'll love the Hipporemote app, i also use it to controle my mediacenter PC.

Hmmm, no nice tv lift for me then or at least a different one. Besides I don't have a place for it right now anyways. ;)

I have air mouse for remote control, but I want to try this for sure.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the edit button and multi-quote features of the forum. I saw a mod get pissed about not using the edit button when replying to more people yesterday.

No need for dual soundcards, I'm for using 7.1 (8 channel) taking it upto approx 30 channels for (combined sub/speaker/tactile) from a single card/console.

You could simply connect your card to an audio distribution box (use powered model for no drop in signal) and use 3.5mm - RCA to give you multiple quantities of the same channels for audio/tactile.

Maybe try to disconnect your BK Advance and play a game with the "Combined Stereo" only via your Mini LFE units. Then try the same game with Stereo Mini LFE. Get a track with some nice chicanes for some directional testing.

Well it is worth trying....

Last edited:
amf7
How did you get the ipad to work like that? Jail broken?

My guess is macros using hipporemote. The app hipporemote he already mentioned himself. ;)

Hmmm, no nice tv lift for me then or at least a different one. Besides I don't have a place for it right now anyways. ;)

I have air mouse for remote control, but I want to try this for sure.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the edit button and multi-quote features of the forum. I saw a mod get pissed about not using the edit button when replying to more people yesterday.

Actually the lift is not THAT bad and the company who sells them has the one best service i have ever seen.
The first lift was replaced one month after the 2 year warranty.I had bad luck with the replacement and got a new one a week later. It has been running great since then.

You can adjust the hight by the milimeter and it's pretty quick.

About the post editing: my bad :)

No need for dual soundcards, I'm for using 7.1 (8 channel) taking it upto approx 30 channels for (combined sub/speaker/tactile) from a single card/console.

You could simply connect your card to an audio distribution box (use powered model for no drop in signal) and use 3.5mm - RCA to give you multiple quantities of the same channels for audio/tactile.

Maybe try to disconnect your BK Advance and play a game with the "Combined Stereo" only via your Mini LFE units. Then try the same game with Stereo Mini LFE. Get a track with some nice chicanes for some directional testing.*

Well it is worth trying....

30 channels, that's a lot Mr Latte. Will certainly give the stero a try somewhere in the future, but for now i will keep it like it is.:)

How did you get the ipad to work like that? Jail broken?

It should be possible without a jailbreak, but i used the jailbreak to get access to the hipporemote files on the ipad.
I should be able to make a custom profile, which you can dowload and use without a jailbreak. If there is enough demand, i will look into that. But i will need some support from hipporemote too.

Last edited:
I wouldn't need it until I upgrade to PC, but I can imagine a lot of demand. You could probably even sell it if you got some publicity :)

The CSR Elite wheel is already predrilled with two threated holes for mounting a ipod holder.
A extra display with an app like IHUD adds to the immersion.:)

Since there is no saying when Fanatec will make one, i decided to make one myself today:

image00001ea.jpg

image00002m.jpg

image00003o.jpg

Last edited:
HoiHman
The CSR Elite wheel is already predrilled with two threated holes for mounting a ipod holder.
A extra display with an app like IHUD adds to the immersion.:)

Since there is no saying when Fanatec will make one, i decided to make one myself today:

Awesome. Could you make me one, although I have an iPhone 4? :P
Seriously this looks good though. A big 👍

Last edited:
Awesome. Could you make me one, although I have an iPhone 4? :P
Seriously this looks good though. A big 👍

Thanks Christiaan,

It took a lot longer than you can imagine to make it, but i'm happy with the result. Because the holder is in direct eyesight, it had to be perfect with or without the ipod mounted on it.:)

Still have to find the right setup for the displays. I have not tried yet if can have two displays (ipod and ipad) at once, but i will try that tommorrow.That would be cool :D

Some extra pics with IHUD running on two displays in Game Stock Car

image00001zr.jpg

image00001qz.jpg

Last edited:
Keeping busy I see....

It was just an idea that suddenly came too me. I'm very pleased with the result. Now i can just hope that we'll see a lot of support for ipod/ipad dashboards on the upcomming racesims.

I'm just about finished now, i still have the BKG2 kit.

I tried to sell it, but i have not been able to sell it yet.
I might try and hook it up to the pedals again, but the last time i tried that it rattled way too much.

The only upgrade i have planned is the CSW and some PC upgrades when the new sims (Rfactor 2, C.A.R.S., Asseto Corsa, GT3) are released.

After that it's time to close the building fase and start enjoying the racing the rig it self.:)

If you don't want to ship it to US maybe you'd consider either an exchange or sell to myself.
I'd like a BK G2 to allow me to properly and fairly do a future comparison with all the other models I own.

I have plans for a mega tactile guide (Xtra fat Latte with cream on top) so please let me know if it suits or you havnt arranged anything yet with others.

First time for me visiting your build thread here. Very nice HoiHman! 👍 It just seems like everything is working out as you had intended and the extra technology you have incorporated actually seems to benefit the experience, not distract it. Very Clean!

:cheers:

First time for me visiting your build thread here. Very nice HoiHman! 👍 It just seems like everything is working out as you had intended and the extra technology you have incorporated actually seems to benefit the experience, not distract it. Very Clean!

:cheers:

Thanks Pako,

I like a clean setup and it is always nice when it's appriciated:tup:

Something that's not mentioned yet, is the flexibility of the "gameroom"

This morning i did not feel like racing ( strange but it CAN happen :))
So i just raised the center screen and played some Syndicate with the Xbox 360 controler.

No steering wheel, no side screens, just me and the 55" samsung :D

I also made a foot support with a soft cushion on it. This i can put under the desk, so i can put my feet up.
The office chair can tilt back for some nice relaxed gaming/movie wachting

After half an hour i switched the office chair for the race seat with the buttkickers and tried the shooter with tactile feedback. For playing other games the race seat is actually rather comfortable.

The tactile experience was great, one of the best i have had yet.:cool:

Back