My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
Hello, saw your thread @DigitalRacing forum.
Looking for some advice and info.

Should get my buttkicker Gamer2 tomorrow.

So wanted to know if F1 2012 is supported because i cannot find this.

Also looking to buy a seat and i still doubting to get a Rseat Evo3 or the Rseat Formula. Would help to know if it possible to place 4 transducers on of these seats, because i want to try the Simvibe chassis mode.

Any help appreciated:)

We have stores here were you can trade in or sell your unwanted older consoles, Laptops, games, mobiles anything electronic really.
Aren't there stores like that in the Netherlands? Ours are very very busy.

I couldn't find any local stores Mark. Besides swapping an Xbox for a PS3, I would also have to sacrifice the jailbreak on my second PS3 to go triple PS3.

Still in doubt about about that. It all depends on how good GT6 will be :)

Looking for some advice and info.

Should get my buttkicker Gamer2 tomorrow.

So wanted to know if F1 2012 is supported because i cannot find this.

Also looking to buy a seat and i still doubting to get a Rseat Evo3 or the Rseat Formula. Would help to know if it possible to place 4 transducers on of these seats, because i want to try the Simvibe chassis mode.

Any help appreciated:)

F1 2012 has full simvibe support.

If you have any specific simvibe questions, please ask them in the simvibe topic :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=266268

Over the time i have had multiple requests from fellow simracers who want to build a simular rig.

The final google 3d sketchup file was on my SSD when it crashed and i had no backup. :banghead:

I assembled the frame without the final 3d sketchup file, but i luckily still remembered how i wanted it to make it and made some modifications while assembling.

This weekend i found an older version of the scetchup 3d file. I modified it and now all dimensions are correct and it's available for download. In the sketchup file you see my entire race frame with all the dimensions. The only thing i left out were the extra isolators on the pedalstand and the seat.

olmh.jpg

The scetchup file can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2t2nib1n8mz4i3e

Yesterday i finally got the Fanatec CSS-SQ. :)

With some 80/20 parts, that i still had from ther original rig build last year, i made the mount for the CSS-SQ.

we5h.jpg

6fhz.jpg

The mount for the CSS-SQ is bolted on a 80/20 section on which a Simvibe Mini LFE is mounted. Using the simvibe extensions this transducer sends engine rpm en gearshift effects directly to the the shifter. The bottom of the CSS-SQ is mounted with an rubber isolator to the front of the seat.

hfrq.jpg

I really love the CSS-SQ, especially that feature that you can switch from sequential to H pattern ingame by just using the silder:tup:👍

Looks great mate! I definitely need to get one, I'll probably just wait until their in stock.
Nice clean job as always!

New wheel mount made out of 8mm solid aluminum

12395362.jpg
Great work HoiHman!
Please excuse the rather noob question when it comes to 80/20 but I was wondering if you could help me understand how the 80/20 on your wheel mount is fixed to the plate closest to the table? Do those bolts go all the way through the 80/20 and into the table base plate? I've attached a markup image to help illustrate my question. I've been really inspired to work on my own rig after seeing your set up.

QodtTDj.jpg

The bolts do not go all the way through.

The 80/20 is bolted to table plate with bolts up side down like in the image below:

W7vP8Lq.jpg

Ah cool. Thanks for clearing that up!
So these bolts have been drilled into the bottom of the plate and sit flush. Nice.
Time to start looking for some aluminium plates me thinks. :cheers:

Thanks Steve :)

I haven't used the rig much the last couple of months due to some personal issues

Believe it or not, but i spend a lot of time playing Real Racing 3 (on my phone) instead of driving in the simulator :)

In the meantime i did upgrade my racing pc with ......

-Asus Maximus Formula VI (watercooled)
-Intel I7-4770K (watercooled)
-16 GB Ram
-2x R290X crossfire (watercooled) both running at 1100Mhz core and 1375Mhz mem
-Samsung 840 SSD for windows 8.1
-Samsung 830 SSD for windows 7 and games

I had a lot of trouble getting the two simvibe soundcards (asus xonar & onboard) to work together with soundblaster X-fi (normal audio) and the soundcards on the 2x R290x

I guess windows doesn't like 5 different soundcards :D

2Ff5XJS.jpg

After not having used the simulator for weeks, i jumped in yesterday and did a couple of laps in Assetto Corsa.

That game has the best ingame cockpits ever...

cXiaqQm.jpg

It still feels freeking awesome, great graphics, awesome FFB (new CSW motors since januari ) and killer tactile.

To keep the two R290x (and the whole pc case) at an acceptable temperature level i mounted a external radiator Now the max temp during racing lies around 45 degrees

qnor.jpg

fof7.JPG

De whole radiator setup is build under the desk, so it's totally out of sight
I'm using quick connectors for connecting the external radiator to the watercooling in my pc-case.
This way it's very easy to disconnect the PC-case from the external rad or i can even run the pc without it.

d1gj.jpg

Still love the CSS-SQ, but to honest i still use the paddles more.

I also bought a samsung galaxy note 3, which i will also intend to use with dashmeter pro

V7FiaCN.jpg

As soon as i made a holder for it, it will replace the ipod, because of the obvious bigger size and better readability

Last edited:
Sorry for your personal issue Henk, but great work on your PC! The Galaxy note looks very nice with the Dashmeter Pro
Hope you get more time to spend with your amazing rig!

Thanks Mark :)

I came up with a great idea to "transform" my triple screen setup into the ultimate Formula 1 video wall for watching the live Sport 1 broadcast of the F1 races on three screens at the same time

Left : The onboard cams
Center : The normal F1 broadcast
Right : The live Pit Cams

ghFKHsQ.jpg

Guess where i will be tommorow at 8:30 :D

I can only hope that the race will be as good as it was 2 weeks ago.

Really enjoyed the race on the triples.

Some of the fights were really exiting, watching from multiple angles.
Looking forward to the next one.;)

3mZ7HyK.jpg

Last edited:
I made some adjustable supports under the sidescreen brackets.

jE0NUhH.jpg

Now i'm able to adjust the angle and height of the sides screens to a fraction of a mm.

The result is perfect alignment and becasue of the screen size it's almost 1:1 with a real cockpit :D

I finally also got around to making a holder for the samsung galaxy note 3.

qeErpr1.jpg

The holder is very easy to mount / dismount. It simply clicks onto the CSW base

M7LfVqT.jpg

uPbGtJN.jpg

Dashmeter pro is an awesome programm and a musthave for any android owner who is also a simracer.

I can see dashboard through the wheel, just like in a real race car

8mK2CCI.jpg

On the left handside i also added a second (permanent) old android phone on which i will be running a clock to keep track of time while racing

svZs3jX.jpg

2 android phones with both running dashmeter pro at the same time is also possible

PaTOoNY.jpg

Henk, maybe you should get some curved OLED screens next. :P

I saw some LG's at the local Mediamarkt store here, setup as triple screens. No gaming rig attached unfortunately, but that looked awesome with the color dept. Plus the curvature really makes you feel surrounded.

I made some adjustable supports under the sidescreen brackets.

jE0NUhH.jpg

Now i'm able to adjust the angle and height of the sides screens to a fraction of a mm.

The result is perfect alignment and becasue of the screen size it's almost 1:1 with a real cockpit :D

I finally also got around to making a holder for the samsung galaxy note 3.

qeErpr1.jpg

The holder is very easy to mount / dismount. It simply clicks onto the CSW base

M7LfVqT.jpg

uPbGtJN.jpg

Dashmeter pro is an awesome programm and a musthave for any android owner who is also a simracer.

I can see dashboard through the wheel, just like in a real race car

8mK2CCI.jpg

On the left handside i also added a second (permanent) old android phone on which i will be running a clock to keep track of time while racing

svZs3jX.jpg

2 android phones with both running dashmeter pro at the same time is also possible

PaTOoNY.jpg
Very nice setup!!I am jeulous!!!!!!!Can you please explain how is it possible to run dashmeter pro in two android devices at the same time?

Thanks guys :)

I can't even begin to explain how big the immersion factor is, just by adding that small 5" screen behind the wheel.
I really feels like a real dashboard is added to my rig. I will post a video later

Hows the bezel on those?

http://www.oled-info.com/lg-vs-samsung-curved-oled-tv-bezel-photo

The bezels on the oled tv's are 11mm. If you put 2 together you will still end up with a 22 mm bezel. I my case i have slid the side screen behind the center screen and i end up a 12 mm bezel.

Small. Here are a few pics showing three in a row. Of course we'd put them tightly together like in the first pic.

LG_Curved_OLED_TV[20130429120353615].JPG

LG-curved-OLED-TV.jpg

View attachment 158729

curved_oled_tv_lg.jpg

CurvedLGOLED.jpg

lg-oled-incurve.jpg

ces2013jan082013lgcurvedmain.jpg

Don't get me wrong Chris :) I would love to have a set of curved Oleds but:

The ideal angle of curved tv's does not correspond with the ideal simracing angle. So you end up spending a lot cash and still having to compromise.

JvrNjdH.jpg

Very nice setup!!I am jeulous!!!!!!!Can you please explain how is it possible to run dashmeter pro in two android devices at the same time?

Simply by editing the preferences.ini see picture below.

2Ci4om5.jpg

I can't even begin to explain how big the immersion factor is, just by adding that small 5" screen behind the wheel.
I really feels like a real dashboard is added to my rig. I will post a video later

The bezels on the oled tv's are 11mm. If you put 2 together you will still end up with a 22 mm bezel. I my case i have slid the side screen behind the center screen and i end up a 12 mm bezel.

The ideal angle of curved tv's does not correspond with the ideal simracing angle. So you end up spending a lot cash and still having to compromise.

JvrNjdH.jpg

2Ci4om5.jpg
Thanks Hoihman!I used one of this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151293008883?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=450406956911&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT.
And yes the immersion is high!!!!Looking forward for this for my 10inch tablet
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151288002703?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT.
Please keep posting pics!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20140519_200353.jpg
    IMG_20140519_200353.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20140519_200410.jpg
    IMG_20140519_200410.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20140519_200428.jpg
    IMG_20140519_200428.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 19

JvrNjdH.jpg

2Ci4om5.jpg

Henk, it might be that you'd want more curvature but I think the curvature already changes the immersion a lot. At least I would find it more immersive than having the flat screens. This because your eyes will look around a better contour and therefor have a more equal distance to the screens all around.

That said... it's expensive as hell. So it might be better to wait until the factories increase production again (just decreased by Samsung and others). The prices are still to high for many of us at least to consider such a triple setup.

Henk,

Your office setup is the PERFECT setup for me. Hidden when not in use, exceptional craftmanship, and it looks AMAZING when in use.

For your rig today, I give you......................................a ten. *CLAPS*

seriously though. Your rig is the best homemade one I have seen. By far. :bowdown::cheers:👍

Thanks Steve & John :)

The codemasters games do no have a app like dashmeter pro or ihud to display game telemetry data.

I made a digital dashboard for all the codemasters games using the simvibe dashboard option.
This dashboard is displayed on the note3 using iDisplay. It's not as good as dashmeter pro, but still good enough.

Looking forward to using this in Grid Autosport, which should be supported by simvibe.

jK1PXPB.jpg

Thanks lemansfanatic :)

I have been following the fanatec csw wheel rims announcements closely, but didn't find the right wheel yet. I want to keep the display on the csw base, but i also want a smaller rim.

In anticipation getting the universal hub for the clubsport wheel, i already bought this sparco rim:

spazio-01.jpg

spazio-02.jpg

Features
  • Black Alloy Spokes
  • Ergonomic Grip
  • Center Sparco Engraving (As Pictured)
  • Four Buttons for horn and auxiliary function
  • 310mm Diameter (imho the perfect size)
  • 6 Stud Fitment, 70m PCD

The Sparco rim arrived today :)

pHF1AnN.jpg

JbQ41hb.jpg

It's a bit bigger than i imagined, but it feels pretty sturdy, has a nice grip.

It's a bit smaller than the BMW GT rim, but it feels a lot smaller. The rim it self is also thicker.

..............and it only weighs 765gr

Last edited:
Back