My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
Looks great Chris,👍

I can confirm that the UH has a very thight fit, but it still rattles without the screw.

I tried running my sparco wheel without it and it took me about 15 seconds before i decided to put the screw back in.

With the screw the wheel is more silent, but you can also feel the forces much better too.

To be honest i do not switch wheels that often in game. (even though i will have 4 when the Flat 1 rim arrives)

It was time though to make a good permanent solution for storing them while not in use and also the CSHB has to be stored too.

I made some room in the closet and i will be adding and extra "Clubsport shelf" to the excisting one.

gEdSOcZ.jpg

Last edited:
I see you got some new gloves too. I guess you threw out the white ones?

The handbrake seems nice, but I can't get over the lack of a progressive increase of resistance. It shows clearly in the video, as you can pull it all the way with the same amount of effort. Something that's impossible with a real hydraulic solution in these drift and rally car. As a car dealership owner I don't need to tell you that though. ;)

I reckon swapping out the spring would be easy enough to do if one desires.

One thing is for sure. At least you're better at drifting than I am. Than again I haven't got my handbrake attached to the rig at the moment, and button drifting is just impossible for me.

Still have the white ones, they are pretty comfortable.

I'm my humble opnion the CSHB just simply feels great. No need for any adjustments or replacing springs, but yes we all have different needs and preferences.

Having the handbrake right up there next to the wheel, that's the reason why it's so much fun.

Drifting in Grid Autosport with the ClubSport Handbrake is so much fun :D

I still suck at it though. :lol:

(I recorded this with a low volume ingame, that's why the clicking of the shifters seems louder than it actually is )

Looks killer to me! 👍

On a side note I ended up with some sort of instant crazy vertigo when I tried watching the left screen. That has never happened to me before while watching a video. WHoa?! :eek: It was similar to the vertigo feeling of a spinning rollercoaster. I think it must have been something with the side angle.

The porsche 918 RSR looks really great when you have it in your hands.

It's very wel manufactured and has real nice detail to it....... and YES it's super light compared with the BMW GT2 rim (which is still an awesome Fanatec CSW rim)

Although i understand Fanatec's choice for making all of the buttons black, i personally like adding some colour.

fbpeSaH.jpg

The rev lights are the icing on top of the cake

Some work in progess on coloured buttons for the buttonboxes on the Clubsport Universal Hub

I took the buttons out and spray painted them

DSC05779.jpg

Made some adjustments to the Sparco rim:

Moved the D-pad / Encoder to the left, mounted the buttonboxes closer to the rim and replaced the sticker buttons by full coloured ones

z4SErtq.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! What do you use to make your labels, like those shown on the Sparco wheel? Does the Flat-1 feel significantly lighter than the BMW rim? I'd like to get a U-hub and one rim for it (for starters), not sure if I'm leaning towards that incredible deal on the Sparco (or knock off?) that looks like yours mentioned earlier, or the Flat-1 that is the most appealing to me of the Fanatec offerings. I love the look of the 918 wheel but I'd prefer one mated to a universal hub for flexibility, and I suspect for me the visual features such as the LED lights won't matter much in the long run as my Oculus Rift DK2 just arrived, so hopefully I'll be immersed in that world (and suddenly the visuals of a wheel would go unseen anyway...)

Thanks,

I use a Brother P-touch 1090 label maker. White on black labels.

The Flat1 rim is much lighter than the BMW rim, but you can not compare these two. The Flat1 rim has the size of the Formula rim and is much smaller 280 mm vs 315 mm.

The Sparco wheel is a good compromise between the two: It's as light as the Flat 1 rim and has almost the same diameter as the BMW rim

Thanks,

I use a Brother P-touch 1090 label maker. White on black labels.

The Flat1 rim is much lighter than the BMW rim, but you can not compare these two. The Flat1 rim has the size of the Formula rim and is much smaller 280 mm vs 315 mm.

The Sparco wheel is a good compromise between the two: It's as light as the Flat 1 rim and has almost the same diameter as the BMW rim
Thanks! Maybe the play then is to get the universal hub/flat-1 rim package and then try to get that Sparco (or knock off) that was linked above at that incredible deal. I could see having both at that price. Thanks for the info on the labels too, I wasn't sure if those nice white surround borders are a setting on the P-touch too? Looks great!

The Flat1 rim mounted to the rig:

Mc5nLxj.jpg

Because the Note3 display is partially blocked by the Flat1 rim, i use the second display on the left for Dashmeter Pro

I also made another change which literally has big impact :)

A BK mini LFE SE to the back of the seat

lx6tPiR.jpg

This is something i already wanted to do 2 years ago, but i did not dare to take the cover of the seat of for mouting the mini LFE.

The mini LFE has the RPM & Gear shift effects. It's amazing how clear you can feel them high in your back and still clearly feel every single chassis effects throught the bottom of the seat.

The placement of the mini LFE is very critical:
-too high and the vibrations are too close to the head and are annoying.
-too low and the vibrations travel downwards into the seat.

I should have done this 2 years ago :D

I have 2 Dayton pucks in my backrest. They are no good for shifts, but do an excellent job with engine vibration. I had them on the pedals for a few, but don't really care for my feet vibrating.

Thanks TGR-Kefran, good luck modding your rim

Awesome seat Mark :)

Allways wanted to try the clarks. How do you rate them compared to the mini LFE's ?
Try moving them up to the middle of the seat, that way you can distinguish the engine rpm more clearly for the chassis effects.

Did you buy the TS429 too from R ?

I actually prefer the bk mini's, but the clark's were already mounted to the seat and they are very good so I took them of R with the seat. They make an annoying noise at a certain volume, which can be tuned out thought with EQ.
No mate I don't have the TS429.
I have to rethink my tactile setup now for simvibe, this rig and the current transducers were placed with it in mind although it's only in chassis mode now, I still need one more sound card, the two I have aren't compatible.
I actually forgot to be honest, being quite pleased so far with chassis mode. My only issue is with road and curb feed back is a little under whelming. I just need to look at the settings and tinker a bit lol

Just found a steal!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...g-wheel-Free-Shopping/1095812_1649077194.html

In Henk's workshop. He just cut out some round bits from existing stickers I believe. One being a Castrol sticker as he stated.
Hi there Logiforce,this wheel from Alliexpress is a steal!!
I have a logi G25 and i would like to change the stock wheel with this one using Chilicoke adapter http://chilicoke.com/logitechwheel/g25adapter.htm.
What do you think?
Is it going to work?
I mean the dimensions are right?
Please help!

I must say, every time I scroll past those painted buttons they do look really nice. :)
Have you got any issues with the paint wearing down yet on the most used buttons? Like scratches along the shafter where it rubs against the black ring around it.

No wearing issues at all Chris. :)

The buttons are cone shaped and have a small guide at the back of them. This prevents them from rubbing against the black ring.

Before i spray painted all of the button boxes, i first painted only one and pressed the buttons a couple of hundred times each.

Any comments on the 918 rim's build quality, particularly the feel in the hand?

Overall build quality is superb. The feel in the hand is just great.
This is a rim you do not want to use gloves with. The leather feels nice and smooth, just like in my BMW 5 series. It's very light, much lighter than the BMW rim (which i sold) The fact that the whole Fanatec range is modular makes the investment in a high quality rim like this worth it.

I only wish they would have made the rim a tiny bit thicker, but i can live perfectly fine with the way it is now.:)

My favourite rim is still....... The sparco open D-shaped wheel:

-It's open at the top, so gives me a clear view on the Note 3 running dashmeterPro
-It's lighter than the porsche rim
-The rim is thicker, which i like very much.

The porsche 918 RSR rim is the best looking rim by far.
It's so very dificult to catch that on camera, it looks much much better in real. A friend that came to visit me the other week said the exact same thing.

I have been playing a lot of Grid Autosport lately and somehow the game fits the Sparco wheel better than the 918 RSR. So i haven't used the rim THAT much, but i'm sure i will in the near future.

I didn't know that there is a dashmeterPro app that supports the codemasters games. Untill last week...... :dopey:

Many Grid Autosport racers complain about the low res interiors and non-working dials.

All i can see is my own dashboard, with two fully functioning displays :D

Back