My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
This is a rim you do not want to use gloves with........

.........I only wish they would have made the rim a tiny bit thicker, but i can live perfectly fine with the way it is now.:)
Is it possible that it feels thin simply because you haven't been wearing gloves?

I usually wear pretty thin gloves.
The 918 RSR isn't thin by all means, but i would have prefered it just a bit thicker. :)

Henk, when I come around to your place again I'll mount the wheel I got from my neighbour to the UH. That way you can try it out and see if you like that diameter better, just so you know what to aim for in a future purchase.

I hope you'll have fun building that new dash after spending your time basking in the sun on holiday. ;)

ps. Could you take some with you? It's raining here now to the point where I think it's already fall. Even the leaves were falling from the trees already. :(

Looking forward to your visit Chris :)

Great idea to bring the rim you mentioned. It's always nice to try out different rims.

New dash may take a while to complete, but like always, the build is half the fun:)

The weather is perfect here, nothing but sun all day. Haven't seen a single cloud yet.

Look what i just bought from ebay:

P5lPXy8.jpg

Looking forward to go back racing again, but for now i will first take another dip in the pool :D

Looking forward to your visit Chris :)

Great idea to bring the rim you mentioned. It's always nice to try out different rims.

New dash may take a while to complete, but like always, the build is half the fun:)

The weather is perfect here, nothing but sun all day. Haven't seen a single cloud yet.

Look what i just bought from ebay:

P5lPXy8.jpg

Looking forward to go back racing again, but for now i will first take another dip in the pool :D

Is that a hint towards a future upgrade that we talked about? :rolleyes::lol:
They look sweat though. I'd love me a pair too at some point. I know I know... it's useless in my case. Though being 'strapped in' does give a different sensation than just sitting in your seat without belts.
I drove my car once without my seatbelt on, just to move it, and it felt... bare. As if you're missing a piece of clothing.

I have a bad habit of leaning forward and I'm often reminding myself to sit back straight, as the view is better anyway. Perhaps I should have bought MrLatte's harness when he offered it to me. Though in our case Logi there not really a necessity :)

I have a bad habit of leaning forward and I'm often reminding myself to sit back straight, as the view is better anyway. Perhaps I should have bought MrLatte's harness when he offered it to me. Though in our case Logi there not really a necessity :)

My habbit is actually to slide down my chair and end up in lying down position. Which might be a good reason to buy a 5 point harness. If my balls get squished I know I have to get up again. :lol:
But yeah, not a necessity. Same with gloves really, and analog gauges, button boxes, etc. Though everything can have a use of more or less importance if you think about it. ;)

Shame we haven't heard of @mrlatte in a long time though. :(

Last edited:
My habbit is actually to slide down my chair and end up in lying down position. Which might be a good reason to by a 5 point harness. If my balls get squished I know I have to get up again. :lol:
But yeah, not a necessity. Same with gloves really, and analog gauges, button boxes, etc. Though everything can have a use of more or less importance if you think about it. ;)

:lol:

That is a really nice harness. So much nicer with the push button. I had the ratchet click system in the 67 Mustang and hated it. Push button release is the way to go.

My habbit is actually to slide down my chair and end up in lying down position. Which might be a good reason to by a 5 point harness. If my balls get squished I know I have to get up again. :lol:

He's keeping well, in fact I'll be seeing him in a couple of weeks for a catch up.
I'll pass on your best wishes :)

He's keeping well, in fact I'll be seeing him in a couple of weeks for a catch up.
I'll pass on your best wishes :)

Thanks. I hope he will have a chance again sometime to pop online and warm us with his presence, even if its just via pm. :)

Yeah, it would nice to hear from Rodney again.

I'm on the bus to the airport. Happy to be back in the rig tommow :)

Got various shipping notifications and i'm anxious to see what has been delivered during the holiday.

Yeah, it would nice to hear from Rodney again.

I'm on the bus to the airport. Happy to be back in the rig tommow :)

Got various shipping notifications and i'm anxious to see what has been delivered during the holiday.

Have a safe trip! Hope you've enjoyed the vacation thoroughly. Beware of thunderstorms and rain when you come home though. So make sure to put on a jacket, as I am sure it's quite a switch from the weather you had there! Don't want you sick in bed while you could be enjoying unboxing and enjoying your new stuff. ;)

The new ClubSport Wheel Base V2 inspired me to make a V2 dashboard.

Like the previous dashboard it's mounted to the wheel base for quick and easy installation.

It's powered by 2 DSD32 boards, has 30 buttons, 7 illuminated toggle switches, 3 toggle switches and 5 rotary encoders.

For the front plate i used a real carbon fiber panel.
The dash is curved and i can add 2 displays and mount them on various locations.

I really love the porsche 918 RSR rim, but for me it needed a BMW logo. :D

jgbTq0p.jpg

1EiPRfB.jpg

8uCAp5X.jpg

F5f14ch.jpg

tcjQI59.jpg

2pTA7vo.jpg

rrcl0Ft.jpg

3wkRVXa.jpg

7aNKbtK.jpg

ksR5ieA.jpg

WsRSN7G.jpg

Henk, that is one hell of a build. You gotta teach me how to get curves like that for when I want to build something. :)
The shiny real carbon fiber is really popping and makes this look drooling. Not a little drooling but so much you can fill at least a competitive swimming pool. :drool:
Oh and just to make sure... I will bring a bucket when I come over. :lol:

How much flex is there though? I reckon the carbon fiber will help stiffen the construction a bit although... that's flexible too.

Impressive V2 dash. CF sure is fun to work with.

No, it's not fun to work with. It has to be pre-molded and lasercut to make it look the part. If you drill it than it has to be good in one go or else you can scrap the entire piece.

Or at least that was what Henk said in a pm. A very scary pm that was when still thinking about his work that lay ahead at the time. :nervous:
The guy did it again though... he made a masterpiece :bowdown:
I doubt I would have the steady hand to do it.:scared:

Henk...
One thing... tip... replace the clutch and brake pads for some DSD Tilton pads. If you do that than you'll have the pedals at the right distance from each other. Heel&toe is sooo easy now. Heck, I'm doing it for fun now while before I didn't do it as it was a pain to do.

Edit:
I still have the old pads (without DSD on them) but...

Here you can see the distance...

IMG_0623.JPG

This is when the brake is depressed to the point where the pressure starts to build up, so past the initial 'deadzone' of pedal travel. Notice how the center DSD pad nicely lines up with the throttle pedal? With that I can easily bring my foot over and keep an even pressure on the brake, and do a little tap dancing on the throttle of course.

IMG_0624.JPG

Yes yes... I really need to clean the pedals again and take all the dust off and such. :P

Last edited:
Thx guys :)

It took me a lot hours to build the dash. In the V2 version i made a lot improvements from the first version. (which i will donate to my good friend Logiforce)

The carbon fiber is really nice stuff to work with, but if you make any mistake you have to buy a new piece. So did a lot test drilling before i started with the carbon fiber, making sure i had the process under control.

The carbon fiber front pieces are only 0.7mm thick, but it's unbelievable how strong and light the material is when have it in your hands. Then you realise why the F1 cars are made of this :)

@chris: There is no flexing at all. (i hate flex :) )

I have to think about the DSD tilton pads, i'm actually fine with the CSPv2 as is now.
But maybe as a future update.

I will certainly be happy with your old dash, Henk. Even if it's gutted, i'll just rebuild it. :)
Though I am thinking of using these all metal momentary switches as I thought they would go well with the chrome tumble switches... but... they seem a tad bit bigger I think. Just 1mm but still...

These are 13cm... but they look great!
r1398r.jpg

Btw... those new suspenders... ehm... 4 point harnas look great on your OMP seat! :)

My latest upgrade : The GS-4 Seat from SimXperience

0NVXcAS.jpg

Seatbelts and buttkicker Mini LFE (rpm / gearshift) mouted to the back of the seat.
Two mini LFE's at the bottom for the simvibe chassis mode.

pxe1BFd.jpg

RU53oNo.jpg

New shifter mount, higher and closer the wheel with a buttkicker Mini LFE (gearshift / RPM)

dcj7G64.jpg

3jxC4S9.jpg

The adjustable bracket comes with the GS-4 seat

N4hUtys.jpg

The 4 panels in the highest position. I covered them with 10mm high density foam.
The buttkicker advance under the seat for Simvibe impact effects.

fsRWCRW.jpg

2h2Yk9v.jpg

The left panel in the highest positon and the right panel in the lowest position

Qz9Bsh5.jpg

O0UwmIE.jpg

GkpHuox.jpg

This seat has great potential. It really feels aweome.:D

I haven't even begun to fully understand it and still have to do a lot of fine tuning on the combination of :

GS-4 seat + Simvibe chassis + Simvibe extensions (pedals / seat / shifter)

AOsBJtf.jpg

This will take a lot of time, but the result will REALLY kick ass

FYI Henk, after talking to Todd Bettenhausen, who is also using an almost exact seat setup as you, the Dbox SRP will definitely fit in your space. You can remove the platform and bolt the actuator assembly directly to your 80/20! :D

FYI Henk, after talking to Todd Bettenhausen, who is also using an almost exact seat setup as you, the Dbox SRP will definitely fit in your space platform and bolt the actuator assembly directly to your 80/20! :D

Temped ;)

Seriously though, the rig is finished. It's done. The GS-4 and simvibe combo gives me more than enough feedback.

..........for now :D

No, no, no untill have the space for a permanent rig, D-box is not an option for me. It just adds too much build up / breakdown time and the acculators would make it too dificult to move the entire seat frame (it's already too heavy to lift)That's why i went for the GS-4 instead.

Latest Posts

Back