My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
I'm pretty much out of budget too, by now.:)

Ordered a butt kicker yesterday (going tactile). Sadly they won't be available untill the end of the month.

I've the colour and brightness on all three screens just how i like it on the PC.

I still have to do some work on the settings for Forza 4, but i'am already happy with the results:

image00001wc.jpg

Forza is pretty cool in multiscreen but it has it's flaws, things like ghosts, liveries not showing up on the side screens. Because the middle is pretty big and i'm fairly close to it, i realy have to turn my head to look it too the side screens. So disapearing ghosts don't bother me that much.

What's a big disapointment in forza 4 is that there are no multi screen replays or start scene before the race. You might think that it's not THAT important, but it realy adds to the immersion when everything is multiscreen.

I've never watched some many replays (on the PC) since i have this setup, i have not watched even one in Forza 4

What about GT5?

Single screen for now. :indiff:
I'm not investing in another PS3 yet, because there a few other things i like to buy in the near future (The new Ipad and the CSW)

For your tactile/buttkicker...

I would cancel the order and recommend you go a d.i.y route.
Bit more effort and expense required but would be worth it.

Stereo Tactile on seat (Left / Right Channel)
2x Aura Pro

Mono Tactile on pedals (Centre Channel)
1x Aura Pro

1x 5.1 Amplifer (lots of 2nd hand bargins available)

PM if your in anyway interested...

Havnt played FM4 much in ages as my setup is dismantled currently.
In replay go into photo mode then exit it will pick up the extra screens.
Not as good as GT5 replays but adds a bit.

I think you have to ensure each X360 is signed in and all have same downloads to get the best multiscreen experience.

Last edited:
For your tactile/buttkicker...

I would cancel the order and recommend you go a d.i.y route.
Bit more effort and expense required but would be worth it.

Stereo Tactile on seat (Left / Right Channel)
2x Aura Pro

Mono Tactile on pedals (Centre Channel)
1x Aura Pro

1x 5.1 Amplifer (lots of 2nd hand bargins available)

Havnt played FM4 much in ages as my setup is dismantled currently.
In replay go into photo mode then exit it will pick up the extra screens.
Not as good as GT5 replays but adds a bit.

I think you have to ensure each X360 is signed in and all have same downloads to get the best multiscreen experience.

Thanks for the advice Mr Latte, but i'll stick with the Butt kicker Gamer 2.:)
If i like it, i will upgrade to another tactile unit by the pedals later on.

I have no doubt that your advice will be much better, but i have to mount it under my normal office chair, since i don't have a race seat. The buttkicker clamp allows easy installation and removal.

Sadly there won't be a race seat in the near future, because i simply have no room to store during the daytime.:grumpy:

I will test the Forza replay fix tonight, thanks for that.

About the DLC on the side screen xbox 360's:

I found out the following:

You can play Forza 4 with DLC on ALL xbox 360's with only ONE xbox live account. You don't have to buy the DLC three times.

To do this you create the same account on all three xbox 360's and download the DLC to the consoles.

Now comes the important part:

Start up the left or right console, log in to live, start up the game and wait untill the connection screen comes up.

Start up the other side console, log in to live, start up the game and wait untill the connection screen comes up (the other console will automatically log out)

Now start up the center console, start up the game and log in to xbox live.
The other console will log out.

Now you can play online and have DLC on all the consoles using only ONE xbox live account.

Seems like the game only checks the xbox live account status at the start up of the game and than releases the DLC for the side consoles. So you only need one account.

Checked it with microsoft yesterday, it's ligit no risk on ban.

I've never read this anywhere else before, am i the first to find this out?

Last edited:
Using one account is fine yes but it's getting the game to detect the account/dlc installed on each system. Like you say the other will log out and leave the centre to last. Each set of DLC needs to be on each console I believe that's the main issue but I'm not 100% certain.

I understand your position with the BK Gamer and the simple clamp.
It will at least let you get the bug and maybe one day you will join our band of "tactilites" :)

You could easily though have a wooden floor section under the desk and have at least one or dual for Left/Right Aura Pro's installed hidden underneath for the pedals.

Last edited:
Using one account is fine yes but it's getting the game to detect the account/dlc installed on each system. Like you say the other will log out and leave the centre to last. Each set of DLC needs to be on each console I believe that's the main issue but I'm not 100% certain.

I understand your position with the BK Gamer and the simple clamp.
It will at least let you get the bug and maybe one day you will join our band of "tactilites" :)

You could easily though have a wooden floor section under the desk and have at least one or dual for Left/Right Aura Pro's installed hidden underneath for the pedals.

If you do it like i described above, the game WILL detect the DLC at startup and and you can use tripple screen DLC on three consoles, but you only have to buy it ONE time. I've tested this and it works 100% for the pre-order pack, limited edition pack and the BMW M1. So it must work with all DLC.

About the tactile on the pedals: if you look at my opening post, you can see my pedals are already mounted on a wooden stand on which i easly have room for a couple Aura Pro's. The step to tactile on the pedals should not be too much work.

First i'm waiting for the Butt kicker. If the "tactile bug' gets me, there will be some bass shakers on the pedals too in the very near future.

Last edited:
Here is update on my office race rig:

Next week i'm expecting my BKG 2.

Because my office chair will rattle too much with a buttkicker attached to it and i don't want to mount and dismount the BKG everyday, i decided to go for race seat.

Somehow it did manage to find a place to store it during daytime

Funny how creative one can be, if you realy want something.:)

I this OMG race seat yesterday

ha750n.jpg

I've already made a mount for the seat and welded a bracket for the BKG2.

The race seat is awesome. 👍

It's a big step up from the office chair and it puts my rig in an other league,
Everything still has to be painted. I will post some pictures when it's finished

Looking good HoiHman, you will love the buttkicker. Keep us posted.

Thanks left888 :)

I'm still waing for the BKG to be shipped. :grumpy:

In the meantime i'm making some improvements on my race seat support.
The sides are covered with carbon fiber foil and i will be painting the rest tonight.

Here's a WIP foto

image00001wq.jpg

Tommorrow i should be up and running again. I have not raced in two days and i'm starting to get withdraw effects. Lol :)

Still the build itself is also a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Like the skills...

Thanks a lot Mr Latte, as you know :
It takes time to get things done, but it takes a lot more time to get things done right :)

I only wish i had a "race room" like you, to build nice permanent race rig.

With everything i modify in my racing setup, i have keep in mind that it's easy to setup and store every day.`

Looking forward to see your progress in Project "R"

Last edited:
HoiHman
Thanks left888 :)

I'm still waing for the BKG to be shipped. :grumpy:

In the meantime i'm making some improvements on my race seat support.
The sides are covered with carbon fiber foil and i will be painting the rest tonight.

Here's a WIP foto

Tommorrow i should be up and running again. I have not raced in two days and i'm starting to get withdraw effects. Lol :)

Still the build itself is also a lot of fun.

That is a very nice chair. Now it only needs something else with a BMW logo on it. ;)

That is a very nice chair. Now it only needs something else with a BMW logo on it. ;)

Something like this perhaps ???

image00002l.jpg

Justkidding :):)

Looks like i have to wait at least another month or two to get my hands on that nice BMW GT2 rim. :drool:

I made another bracket for my CSP pedals yesterday

Here's a WIP foto

image00001h.jpg

This one improves my seating postion with the new race seat. In the middle i will be placing the amplifier of the BKG2, which is sadly still in transit.

All the cables are already in place. I soldered the l/r channels together on the consoles output cables, so i should have feedback from left and right rumble strips.

Since i have a Logitech Z5500, which has no sub out, i have to connect the buttkicker directly to the consoles/pc.

I bought this switch, so i can easy go from pc to xbox or ps3 buttkicker feedback

ASWITCH-4.jpg

Still waiting for the Buttkicer. :grumpy::grumpy:

I already had plans to expand my tactile futher to my pedals set, but i'm still waiting first for the buttkicker to arrive.

It was send from simw.com last week friday.
I've been following it all week on the track and trace. Excited to finally receive it.

Today it wrote: Delivered
But i have been at the delivery adress all day and no delivery was made.👎

Just called with bpost and they delivered it back to the company who send it to me (simw.com).
Called them this afternoon and got a woman on the phone who only speaks french.

Ik speak dutch, english and german, but NO french. I'll try calling back tomorrow.

Big disapoinment :grumpy::grumpy:

Finally gone tactile :)

The BKG2 arrived two days ago and i really love it. It still needs some fine tuning but i already want to order a second one for at the pedal stand.

To bad they are out of stock (again)

I took the whole seat appart yesterday and decided to mout the seat with rubber isolators on the frame. This keeps the vibration in the seat alone, not losing anyting to the floor panel.

img8591g.jpg

The difference is pretty impressive, it feels like the buttkicker has about 25% extra power.

Welcome to the family!

Perhaps though you should ask advice from "greeze" he has the "Gamer" and could give your further encouragement to err shall we say move up from the "little girlie men" tactile and do it proper (teasing).

However you stated just recently you only had an office chair and now look eh nice race seat and excellent frame, your running out of excuses lol. :)

Your call at the end of the day but really I can only tempt you to consider a decent stereo amp and dual "Aura Pro" or "Buttkicker Mini LFE" units for stereo tactile in the seat (much better) than one. Then use the Gamer on your pedal mount/box your doing.

Do not want to be annoying but well several on these forums took such advice in the past and none are complaining. Seriously give it some consideration and get advice from others too.

Last edited:
looks great! I did almost the same with my frame:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/naamloosex.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/foto0156g.jpg/

I also can say that when using some isolators, the shaker will work much better. You feel almost everything. About a shaker for the pedal basement: I think it would be best to use a less powerfull shaker, than the BKG2. For instance an Aura shaker, or something like that. (but latte and greeze know much more about it:))

And my cockpit thread with my (pretty similar) seat frame:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192779

looks great! I did almost the same with my frame:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/naamloosex.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/foto0156g.jpg/

I also can say that when using some isolators, the shaker will work much better. You feel almost everything. About a shaker for the pedal basement: I think it would be best to use a less powerfull shaker, than the BKG2. For instance an Aura shaker, or something like that. (but latte and greeze know much more about it:))

And my cockpit thread with my (pretty similar) seat frame:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192779

Great looking setup. 👍

I'll probably still go for a buttkicker on the pedals though.
If it's too powerfull i can always turn it down.

I took the BKG2 off my seat this afternoon and will test it for a few days by the pedals to see if i like it.

I will also consider Mr Latte's advice and look into a couple Aura Pros for under the seat

Welcome to the family!

Perhaps though you should ask advice from "greeze" he has the "Gamer" and could give your further encouragement to err shall we say move up from the "little girlie men" tactile and do it proper (teasing).

However you stated just recently you only had an office chair and now look eh nice race seat and excellent frame, your running out of excuses lol.

Your call at the end of the day but really I can only tempt you to consider a decent stereo amp and dual "Aura Pro" or "Buttkicker Mini LFE" units for stereo tactile in the seat (much better) than one. Then use the Gamer on your pedal mount/box your doing.

Do not want to be annoying but well several on these forums took such advice in the past and none are complaining. Seriously give it some consideration and get advice from others too.

Sorry Mr Latte, i totally missed you post :dopey::dopey:

I would love some advice though on the dual Aura Pro and buying a stereo amp. I simply don't know where to begin. :confused:

I did mail Guitarhammer about the power of the different transducers compared to the BGK2 and according to them the Mini LFE and the Gamer have the same power:

"... The mini LFE will produce the same amount of power as the Gamer transducer...."

I would love to have some extra power under the seat, but quiet operation is also pretty important to me.

I will PM you with some details about the setup and would love receive some advice about stepping it up to the next level.👍

Last edited:
Well the specs tell a bit of a different story.
Also one is clearly listed for home cinema usage and will work with higher wattage.
Strange they would say what they have when clearly one can operate at more than 2x the wattage.

I had a Gamer once but it was 2nd hand and was faulty, no longer have it but like I said "greeze" has both and can give you a 2nd opinion.

Guitammer have a habbit of listing conflicting specs too on different pages and on the products.

Gamer
Dimensions: 292mm L x 70mm H x 76mm W
The Gamer is listed as running from 10-250Hz with 90 watts capability.
Check your sticker on the unit to see if it matches these?
See here

Mini LFE
Dimensions: 120mm (W) x 118mm (L) x 76mm (H)
The Mini LFE is listed as running from 10-350Hz with upto 250 watts capability.
However the sticker on the actual unit lists 5-200HZ with 250 watts capability.

See here:

Also seek Carson79 on the forums for more advice or help. He has been really getting into tactile and certainly picked up the "bug" too. The Mini Buttkickers also offer very fast and accurate timing, I'd say the bigger units can sometimes seem to feel they lag slightly with some sources/material. However I also enjoy using tactile with my music if configured well it really is nice addition but personal taste.

Hope it helps, btw really enjoying how your progressing things.

Last edited:
Tommorow it's my :dunce: birthday :dunce: , so i decided to buy myself a small birthday present and ordered two Buttkicker Mini LFE's.

I will try to connect them first to my buttkicker BKA130C amp, which (according to guitammer) should work fine. From there i take it to the next step and go stereo if i can find the room to put the amp somewhere.

The space under desk is getting pretty full during the day with:
3x LCD Tv's / 3x Xbox360's / 2x PS3's / Buttkicer amp /CSP and my game pc stored under it.

Finding some space under the desk to put an extra amp and equalizer seems almost an impossible job.
But only 5 months ago i thought it was impossible to fit a large tripplescreen setup in my office and 'hide' it during daytime :)

HoiHman
Tommorow it's my :dunce: birthday :dunce: , so i decided to buy myself a small birthday present and ordered two Buttkicker Mini LFE's.

I will try to connect them first to my buttkicker BKA130C amp, which (according to guitammer) should work fine. From there i take it to the next step and go stereo if i can find the room to put the amp somewhere.

The space under desk is getting pretty full during the day with:
3x LCD Tv's / 3x Xbox360's / 2x PS3's / Buttkicer amp /CSP and my game pc stored under it.

Finding some space under the desk to put an extra amp and equalizer seems almost an impossible job.
But only 5 months ago i thought it was impossible to fit a large tripplescreen setup in my office and 'hide' it during daytime :)

How about an overhead storage cabinet like you would find in a laundry room?

How about an overhead storage cabinet like you would find in a laundry room?

Thanks, there's no room for that. Behind the desk there is a large window, so no room for storage cabinet there.

I will have to do some creative thinking. :) But first i will see how the 2 mini LFE will perform with the gamer 2 amp.

Happy Birthday

The BK advance amp is small and might fit under your seat box.
Model # BKA300-4

However it will not offer you stereo output.
The Behringer A500 amplifiers "greeze" purchased offer a decent specification.

Could you fit one of those somewhere?

Last edited:
Happy Birthday

The BK advance amp is small and might fit under your seat box.
Model # BKA300-4

However it will not offer you stereo output.
The Behringer A500 amplifiers "greeze" purchased offer a decent specification.

Could you fit one of those somewhere?

Thanks Mr Latte :)

The Behringer A500 amplifier might be a good option, but i need to find some space to put it first. (the seat is not an option)

The mini LFE's will arrive next week tuesday, i need to make some adjustments to my seatframe first. I will try them out in mono first with the BKA130c and take the next step from there on: extra amp and EQ and the BKG2 at the pedals.

One thing for sure : adding tactile is quite immersive, but the cost are pretty high too.

Tactile is all setup now. :D

I managed to find a space to put the Behinger FBQ3102 and the A500 amp. The space that i found gives me easy access to the amp and the EQ during racing and also opens up an other possibility to expand my rig further.

I have two mini LFE's installed under the seat, complimented with a buttkicker advance.

image00005uc.jpg

I also made a quick connection plug, so i can connect all three LFE at once

image00004ok.jpg

Tactile is VERY game dependent. I've been struggeling with it to get it right, some games suck and some games are awesome:tup:

Fired up Iracing with the Cadillac GTS-V Race car this morning at it's :):):).....

Since i signed up for iracing 1,5 months ago, i been trying it only with the Mazda Cup. I never realy liked it that much. This week i read somebody else on GT Planet never liked the Mazda too (i believe it was Left888) This morning i decided to try a different car, i did not even know that the Cadillac GTS-V racecar was in my virtual garage. The tactile on this car is on an other level than in most games.

Besides the tactile i also made some other nice improvements on my rig, which i will be posting in the upcomming days.

Stay tuned........

Other cars that impress in the iRacing garage are the Ford Falcon (hold on to your seat) Ford GT, Corvette C6.R, those are great tactile awarded cars. There is absolutely no racing Sim that does tactile like iRacing. If you have a seat belt, buckle up. :)

Love your thread HoiHman, this is the kind of build I love when people do it themselves and find interesting and clever ways to overcome different constraints . Your's are very well conceived and accomplished idea's. I love your chair, the last time I read you said you wouldn't be able to have a race seat lol and now it seems Latte has been pouring honey into your ear about the benefits of TACTILE lol and low and behold you've three units under your seat and thinking about more! The quick connection plug is brilliant, great stuff!

Love your thread HoiHman, this is the kind of build I love when people do it themselves and find interesting and clever ways to overcome different constraints . Your's are very well conceived and accomplished idea's. I love your chair, the last time I read you said you wouldn't be able to have a race seat lol and now it seems Latte has been pouring honey into your ear about the benefits of TACTILE lol and low and behold you've three units under your seat and thinking about more! The quick connection plug is brilliant, great stuff!

Thanks, Carson79 👍

I hope this thread inspires people who think they don't have the space to build a rig. It does take some more planning and dedication, but if you really want it, there's always a way :D

6 months ago, i thought triple screen was impossible, 2 months ago i did not believe i had the room for a race seat. 2 weeks ago i had really no idea where to put a amp and EQ for tactile. Today i even expanded my rig even further by building a keyboard holder and a "ipad button box" solution.

This last edition gives the rig that extra 'cockpit' feel.I will post some pics later. The quick connection plug adds to the immersion of the whole setup. It's a large aluminium plug and it really feels like your powering up the seat when you plug it in. :)

About the honey from MrLatte: He has been a great help and inspiration. He also warned me about getting bitten by the 'tactile' bug :D

Other cars that impress in the iRacing garage are the Ford Falcon (hold on to your seat) Ford GT, Corvette C6.R, those are great tactile awarded cars. There is absolutely no racing Sim that does tactile like iRacing. If you have a seat belt, buckle up. :)

Thanks left888...:)

Allways good to know which cars give the best experience, since you have to buy them all induvidually :)

Not saying i had a real buyers remorse from buying all those tactile units, but i did have the feeling that tactile could be better than i was experiencing untill now. The drive in the cadillac this morning gave me exacly what i was expecting. If i will stick with iracing, i probably will go for x-sim dedicated zone on my tactile setup.

I hope i will get into iracing like you did. Time issues, family life and work might interfer with that though. I almost never have the time to race a couple of hours straight without having to pauze at least a few times. That is the main reason why i allmost never race online.

I will for sure give iracing a decent try the upcomming months and we will see from there on. :)

Back