My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
Nice seat Caz,👍

My OMG seat has a very nice laid back position too, add to that the ability to put my feet up and i'm as comfortable as i will ever be.

When it's not set up for racing, i even have wheels under it

Looking forward to playing Max Payne 3 (PC) with the extra tactile, it will be awesome :D

Thank you. Your office is coming along fantastically.

What makes the seat even nicer is it came out of my old race car.

Nothing new to report, i just made this nice image of Forza 4 using the panorama setting on my camera.

image00001xu.jpg

Just finished reading the whole thread from start to finish. Great GREAT stuff. Man please throw some videos up on races with Forza 4 replays. Gotta see that stuff.

Man I'm SO jealous but you have given me some great ideas on redoing my rig and making it more functional for racing and regular life. I like how you did that triple with the 46er's. Problem I have right now is my 50" is a Pioneer Elite and although dated still has one of the best pictures on the market. No way I can swing getting 2 more of them (couldn't find them if I wanted to anyway)

I like the motorized center screen, wonder if I could do something like that for the 2 side screens instead. Have them come from down and behind my main. You've given me new life dude. More vids and pics!!!! :) :) :)

I want to race with you one day and see how I look on triple screen. Wish you would have joined in our WTCC series.

Thanks t.o.:)

The main feature of my rig is the fexibility. Now i'm typing behind the 30" Dell (at work), while two hours ago i was doing a hotlap on the Ring in rFactor behind the triple screens, at the very same place :D

I also thought about motorising the entire triple screen set, it was not possible because the edges of the 46" sidescreens would stick out the desk and other technical limitations

image00001yu.jpg

I accidently found out about the zoom feature of the 46" side screens

At one day, i just thought about trying to use the one extra 46" LCD i had, as a side screen.
I knew that the images would not line up, but just wanted to see what it was like, having a big screen on the side

When i got the one sidescreen setup, i found the zoom feature in the menu side screen:

image00001wm.jpg

In the zoom menu you can change the image size and position. You can imagine the hapiness when i found out that i could align the image of the 46" perfecly with the 55". :lol: That was the moment i decided to go triple 46"55"46"

Sliding them behind the D7000 gave me the super thin bezel.:cool:

About the Forza 4 replays, sadly Forza 4 does not support triple screen replays.

Last edited:
Really nice setup.
Hope in the near future I can also upgrade to triple screen rig.

FM4 Replays-
You can get multi screen to work from car views ok.

After race enter into photo mode then exit.
When you exit it enables the outer screens. Then view your replay.
Give it a try.

FM4 Replays-
You can get multi screen to work from car views ok.

After race enter into photo mode then exit.
When you exit it enables the outer screens. Then view your replay.
Give it a try.

I will certainly do Rodney 👍

I've tried it before, but could not get it working. I must have done something wrong.

At the moment i am experiencing with tactile on the pedals.

Somehow the BGK2 rattles much easier on the pedal stand than on the seat, even at the same settings.:confused:

I suppect the rattle also get's amplified by plates under the desk, this kind of pushes the sound only one way, my way :grumpy:

I think the solution is in putting the BKG2 in a "close box" and putting some foam inside for noise fitlering.

That's what i planning to do now with my pedals stand:

image00001vc.jpg

If i works, i than i have added tactile to my pedals :)

I've got lots of testing of my own to do soon.

What way have you the pedal tactile configured on your PC sound card?
Which channel and cable connection is used?

Can you show?

Last edited:
Could one of you triple-screen guys download one of my replays so i could see how it would look on your screens? You know, so I can torture myself. :( It would be a Silverstone race I did last night with a friend online. Haven't uploaded it yet but will.
My only real problems is space and I don't like sleeping alone. Although I could sleep by the glow of the triple screen and that might alleviate the wife leaving after I hook this all up. lol

EDIT: Just uploaded it and it will be VERY obvious which one it is ;)
Just in case one or both of you do it laps 3,4 and the last 5 are the best ones. Skip one and two.
If both of you do it one guy could do game replays, love to see the other car off screen and one could do cockpit. That would really get the juices flowing for people on the fence.

Last edited:
Really nice setup.
Hope in the near future I can also upgrade to triple screen rig.

Thank you Spike125 ,

Hope to see some screens, when you've made the step to triples :)

Today i finally added the long awaited tactile to my pedals :cheers:

The previous idea of closing the pedal stand did not work at all, but that did not stop me from trying

I made a new pedalstand and used rubber isolators on the top plate on which the CSP are mounted. The BGK2 is connected with a bracket on the top plate only and runs through a hole in the plate below. Now the BKG2 only has to drive the top plate with the CSP on it.

image00002hk.jpg

The difference in massive :D

Because the pedalstand is bolted in to the floor, i had almost no tactile feedback from the BKG2 on the old pedalstand.
I had to turn it up too high, to feel anything. That's what caused the rattle.

I'm glad i haven not sold my BKG2 and i will certainly keep it now for the pedals.

@t.o. : Sorry but i can't help you with the replays

Hi HoiHman, I love the rig and I am really interested in the Youtube vid i have seen of the iPad button box using Hipporemote.

Is there anything I could do that would persuade you to give up a copy of your Hipporemote profile for the iPad. It looks just like what i need for iRacing but my xml skills do not exist.. building a profile looks way beyond my capabilities unfortunately.

Cheers
Meurig

(Marcus Meyrick on iRacing).

That's a great set up you have HoiHman .

How do you connect you triple screens ? i see you use eyefinity ? I just upgraded my gfx card to a 7950 with a view to use triple screens . I am looking at 120hz 27 inch monitors simply because i am unsure about being able to connect tv's . I have a mini display port to dvi-d active converter but not many flat screens have dvi-d connections .

Any advice would be much appreciated .

Thanks blown540ci :),

Two of the samsung tv's are connected through HMDI.
The third is connected with a mini display port to dvi-d active converter which is connected to a DVI-D to HDMI cable. Which goes into any TV

77f539bf2e3534e0eaf213f15cf7af2b.jpg

I hope this anwers your question.

Thanks for your reply .

I was worried about going from one converter to another but this has put my mind at ease . How do you find the displays ? As opposed to a monitor. Is the picture quality good ?
Sorry for all the questions but I really don't want to spend a stack of cash and be thinking I should have gone down the monitor route.

Personally i like the LCD TV's better than my DELL 30" monitor. The colours are better on a tv than on a monitor in my opinion.

I have been in doubt wether to go for the monitor solution too and buying two extra 30" DELL's but I'm still very happy i went for the LCD tv's :)

No need for dual soundcards, I'm for using 7.1 (8 channel) taking it upto approx 30 channels for (combined sub/speaker/tactile) from a single card/console.

You could simply connect your card to an audio distribution box (use powered model for no drop in signal) and use 3.5mm - RCA to give you multiple quantities of the same channels for audio/tactile.

Maybe try to disconnect your BK Advance and play a game with the "Combined Stereo" only via your Mini LFE units. Then try the same game with Stereo Mini LFE. Get a track with some nice chicanes for some directional testing.

Well it is worth trying....

Hey Mr Latte, that is some very interesting information! I was recently on another forum where someone is developing a beta software to run off of telemetry data, however they were thinking for 3 and more transducers you would need 2 sound cards, but you're saying you can run up to 30 channels from a single 7.1 sound card?

Hey Mr Latte, that is some very interesting information! I was recently on another forum where someone is developing a beta software to run off of telemetry data, however they were thinking for 3 and more transducers you would need 2 sound cards, but you're saying you can run up to 30 channels from a single 7.1 sound card?

Yes we are aware of Simvibe and its possibilities.
However it is entirely different than using "Game Audio Tactile" and various hardware to extend 8 channel audio from a single sound source over multiple audio extenders and amplifiers to say 20-30 channels.

Simvibe does look exciting and excellent in many ways but I do feel it could also have some of it's own limitations and drawbacks just as multichannel tactile from game audio also has its own limitations and drawbacks.

Whoa...that iPad button box is sweet HoiHman!!! Does it work for other PC games other than iracing?

No, for now it only works in Iracing. In other race games there is an unacceptable delay. I mailed the maker of the app to see if they can do anything about it. We just have to wait and see.

@Thanks for the nice review Christiaan:)

Today i finally added the long awaited tactile to my pedals :cheers:

The previous idea of closing the pedal stand did not work at all, but that did not stop me from trying

Hey HoiHman, having tactile for the pedal set is awesome isn't it. I to am using a BKG2 and once I get mine dialed in it is incredible. It really depends on what your rig is made of and how the signal passes through the material. My rig is metal and the signal passes through it very easily. I can keep the power relatively low and get great vibes in iRacing.

z004.jpg

It's much better than i ever imagined Darren. It makes the rig "complete" :D

Again i have emphasize the big difference the rubber isolaters made on my pedals. Without them i wanted to sell my BKG2 asap, now i could not imagine my rig without them. :)

I'm in the Simvibe beta testing.

There is so much more controle over where you want your tactile, being to able to assign for example engine RPM and front suspension to the pedals only.

Great stuff coming our way 👍

I'm looking forward to Simvibe, it's will need to be outstanding to beat my tactile setup. I have a 4 zoned setup with 2 BKG2, 2 Aura bass shakers and a 12" sub. I'm thinking of adding 2 more Aura bass shakers in their as well. I will need to purchase 2 sound cards to use Simvibe and with a rebuild of my dash about to start in the fall Simvibe might have to wait.

I do like the idea of using the telemetry for tactile however and with the control that Simvibe uses makes it rather appealing software, which leads me to wonder on the cost of Simvibe.

It's much better than i ever imagined Darren. It makes the rig "complete" :D

Again i have emphasize the big difference the rubber isolaters made on my pedals. Without them i wanted to sell my BKG2 asap, now i could not imagine my rig without them. :)

I'm in the Simvibe beta testing.

There is so much more controle over where you want your tactile, being to able to assign for example engine RPM and front suspension to the pedals only.

Great stuff coming our way 👍

Talking with Berney a while back yes even without getting back to him to download/configure the software (too busy with work) tactile via physics data will give more detailed tactile and enable more control over what effects are felt where you want them. I like that being able to position the engine RPM, so for a rear engine car we can assume this effect is placeable for the rear tactile and saved as a preset for such particular cars.

Im just curious as to what limits some of the effects. For instance on the following:

Localized Feedback Mode
GREEN – Seat (left channel), Shifter (right channel)
BLACK – Future Use (left channel), Pedals (right channel)

The GREEN "tactile effect for the seat" I wish it would allow the low effects from all 4 wheels to represent in "audio tactile" what is the LFE channel. Yet he as yet isn't saying exactly or I'm guessing the software may allow various effects to be controlled/selected to each particular channel.

So possibly allowing user defined presets to be built/saved but providing a great deal of variations/settings possible, mmmm?

I've got BIG plans for it in mind....

Last edited:
I was thinking:
Green - Pedals (left front channel), Pedals (right front channel)
Blue - Seat (left side channel), Seat (right side channel)
Orange - Shifter (center channel), Future use (LFE Channel)
Black - Seat (left rear channel), Seat (right rear channel)

Problem is... simvibe only has 3 zones. I wonder if they can be utilized over different outputs together like above?

I was thinking blue on the rSeat's C-Frame, Black on the Seat-Frame. (just to avoid confusion due to zones).
Then maybe add a bigger tactile unit on the same place as where now the mounting point for a BKG2 is.

ps. Latte, sorry for confusing you over at Simology. Only now realized you were talking Simvibe Tactile not Audio Tactile. My bad. ;)

Back