My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
Sorry mate. Nice pedal stand you made btw. ;)
I forgot to check the thread in a bit, so didn't know you made one.

The only way I know for users to be able to share profiles is if we utilize a fixed channel to physical placement mapping and simply support alot of different fixed placements.

Also, 7.1 sound cards are all different. Most only have 4 plugs and require a special 3.5mm adapter. This complicates things for users and makes wiring much more difficult and non standard.

For these reasons, we utilize only the green and black (standard to everyone) and allow multiple sound cards. Your goal above is still achievable in this structure and you could share it with others. The downside to that is that you woulod need two sound cards.

Got my triple 40 inch LCD,s set up without any hassle . What a game changer . The best upgrade I have made without doubt.

Thanks for the heads up on the cables etc. much appreciated .

Got my triple 40 inch LCD,s set up without any hassle . What a game changer . The best upgrade I have made without doubt.

Thanks for the heads up on the cables etc. much appreciated .

You're welcome :)

Congrats on the triple's 👍

…
You can play Forza 4 with DLC on ALL xbox 360's with only ONE xbox live account. You don't have to buy the DLC three times.

To do this you create the same account on all three xbox 360's and download the DLC to the consoles.

Now comes the important part:

Start up the left or right console, log in to live, start up the game and wait untill the connection screen comes up.

Start up the other side console, log in to live, start up the game and wait untill the connection screen comes up (the other console will automatically log out)

Now start up the center console, start up the game and log in to xbox live.
The other console will log out.

Now you can play online and have DLC on all the consoles using only ONE xbox live account.

Seems like the game only checks the xbox live account status at the start up of the game and than releases the DLC for the side consoles. So you only need one account.

Checked it with microsoft yesterday, it's ligit no risk on ban.

I've never read this anywhere else before, am i the first to find this out?

I use this for my Forza 4 triple screen setup.
I have now running almost all DLCs and it runs fine.

There is only one very annoying issue with the two side systems restarting the game by themselves, causing login/ logouts among the systems and throwing the whole setup out.

How can I fix this occasional restart issue with the side systems?
If they would stay stable and connected during a session, everything would run perfectly.

The way, it is now, it is unfortunately unusable (only working procedure now is, to power down all three systems and repeating the startup procedure 1/3/2 until the next faulty reboot of the side systems …)

I use this for my Forza 4 triple screen setup.
I have now running almost all DLCs and it runs fine.

There is only one very annoying issue with the two side systems restarting the game by themselves, causing login/ logouts among the systems and throwing the whole setup out.

How can I fix this occasional restart issue with the side systems?
If they would stay stable and connected during a session, everything would run perfectly.

The way, it is now, it is unfortunately unusable (only working procedure now is, to power down all three systems and repeating the startup procedure 1/3/2 until the next faulty reboot of the side systems …)

I never had this issue, looks like it might a connection issue. Are you using wifi or lan cable? Have you tried another router?

I have a seperate router for the Forza setup, which connects to my internet router.

I never had this issue, looks like it might a connection issue. Are you using wifi or lan cable? Have you tried another router?

I have a seperate router for the Forza setup, which connects to my internet router.

Thanks for the tip!

It appears, that indeed the hub might be the cause of the restarting issues.
I used the same hub, to connect all three XBOXes, which I also use for the three PS3 for GT5.

I now connected the three XBOXes directly to my W-LAN router by ethernet cables and after a few hours of test running this, it seems stable.

I used the time also, to investigate the two issues of paint jobs not showing in the side screens and the dummy cars.

These two issues appear to be entirely unrelated.

dummy car showing in side screen (instead of DLC car):
This is exclusively an issue with the side system not having authenticated it's DLC during Forza 4 startup.
You must make sure, that during the whole Forza 4 startup until the "connecting…" screen appears, the DLC related live account is logged into this system (and ONLY into this system alone!).

I make sure about this now in a very clean startup procedure, that prevents any human input like logging in or out, etc …:

- set all three consoles to auto-login with the DLC live account
- set all three consoles to auto start from CD
- all consoles are OFF
- start left console by power button - wait until Forza 4 is loaded and "connecting…" screen appears
- start right console by power button - wait until Forza 4 is loaded and "connecting…" screen appears
- start main console by power button and play normally

paint job is not showing correctly in side screens:
- it appears, that a wrong paint job is displayed (the original first color of the car, when buying), when somehow one of the three consoles has been disconnected from the three, while the game is running.
This could be due to a connection issue (hub/switch/router/cable), or any other issue, that throws the console out of the network.

Interestingly the wrong paint job is saved and displayed wrongly even after a complete reboot with clean procedure.

Simple fix is, to just go into the painting menu and paint your car any color, you like, to "reset" the wrongly saved paint on the side systems.

I had during my testing today all sorts of combinations on the screen.
At one point, I had my Alfa Romeo GTV painted in bright silver on the center screen, had it in it's original Alfa Rosso on the left screen and an ugly black Volkswagen on the right one …

… so:

black Volkswagen = DLC authentication issue or missing DLC on side console

wrong paint job showing = connection issue between three consoles threw out the paint-sync :)

Btw - it has been very interesting to read through the whole cockpit building thread (I just came here, as I googled the "one Live account DLC usage" in one of the posts - haha).
I am now waiting for a Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and pedal set, to arrive and will refine my cockpit.

Your description of integrating tactile feedback sure is interesting! I see, where it is heading …

Just a small update :

The CSPv1 are replaced by a shining new set of CSPv2. Love that brake pedal 👍

When racing in Iracing i had to choose between having either my button box or simcommander for controling simvibe displayed on ipad.

To solve this a made a bracket for my ipod, now i can use the button box on the ipod and use the ipad for controling simvibe. I can swing the ipod closer or further away, and the bracket is easy to remove with one thumbscrew.

ipodholder.jpg

Last edited:
This rig :bowdown:
Astonishing work throughout 👍

I've made some new plans for my rig.

The major change wil be a complete integration of the simvibe chassis mode, added with two simvibe extensions zones under the seat and pedals

-4 buttkicker mini LFE's ( one every corner)
-Butt kicker advance under the seat
-BKG2 at the pedals

This means i will only need to buy two extra mini LFE's

The entire rig will be placed on rubber isolators on a wooden plate covered with checker plate. It will be build with the 80/20 aluminium frame. (actually it's 45x45mm)

Another improvement is that my seat will be attached to the pedals, i'm thinking about using two big tumb screws.

The seat part will be detachable, no wheel support, because the wheel will clamp to my desk ( no other way possible)

Here some pictures of the plans.

myrig1.jpg

myrig4.jpg

myrig5.jpg

myrig6.jpg

myrig7.jpg

The seat and pedalstand will have the possibility to adjust the angle ( tools needed though)

So what do you guys think, any suggestions or recommandations ?

What do you guys think about the placement of the mini LFE's?
Any other suggestions for quick and easy connecting the two frames besides the tumbscrews?

Nice pictures! Only one thing I'd change mate, I'd put the checker plate on top of the base section. I think it would only be a matter of time before those cross sections on top of the floor started to annoy you. And maybe put the front two Buttkickers under the pedal base, for better feed back. I tried putting two Aura pro's in side sections in my rig and it was no where near as good as under the pedal. Apart from that I think its great, and being able to separate the base is a good idea.

Last edited:
Good thinking, Carson79 👍

I will definately go back to the drawingboard and look into moving the checker plate

About the placement of the buttkickers, they will be placed on special brackets.
The aluminium profile will allow me to easy relocate them, so i will certainly experiment which location gives me the best feedback. When i determined the final placement, the wires can go through the frame, to keep things nice and tidy.

I already ordered the parts for step one : The pedal stand

This way i will have some building experience with the aluminium profiles before starting on my seat and minimize the down time.

nice job mate though you should lower the the height of the seat from the base to give to your cockpit a more racing look.

All looks good, testing as always puts to rest how well it all turns out.

Agree with Carson too mate, having the metal plate above and perhaps isolate it with some antivibration washers. I can't remember but if you have a wooden floor like Carson and myself have then one of the challenges may be in the isolation and reducing the noise of all those vibrations...

The idea with your seat and the plan looks great.
I like the integration of the tactile.
Start my own tactile setup now, once I finished modding my wheel ;)

The idea with your seat and the plan looks great.
I like the integration of the tactile.
Start my own tactile setup now, once I finished modding my wheel ;)

Thanks, looking forward to see the finished version of your wheel :)
Concerning the wheel, i will go the easy route and buy an CSW eventually with the BMW emblem 👍

All looks good, testing as always puts to rest how well it all turns out.

Agree with Carson too mate, having the metal plate above and perhaps isolate it with some antivibration washers. I can't remember but if you have a wooden floor like Carson and myself have then one of the challenges may be in the isolation and reducing the noise of all those vibrations...

Thanks Rodney,

I have a concrete floor, so no worries there. I'm still looking at other options to connect the two frames and if a metal plate on top will interfer with that.

The two frames will need a very solid connection, so no vibrations will be lost in the connection, but it will also need quick and easy.

Any suggestions perhaps?:)

Also another decision needs to be made : will i buy 2 extra butt kicker mini LFE's so i have a total of four "normal" mini LFE's or shall i buy 4 new BK Mini LFE SE (simvibe edition)

Henk, I'd cut the metal plate were you had originally planned on separating the base and pedals and connect them with the thumb screws as planned

Edit, or hinge the two sections so that when not in use you can fold the pedal section upright against the seat for storage?

Last edited:
A hinge between the two sections is not possible. The whole frame would get too big.

I'm thinking about joining them with a coupe of these:

dsc00658f.jpg

I made them for mounting my wheel to the desk. Quick, easy and solid.

Still considering options........

Lots of cockpits like playseats etc have a metal section that slides into another and then tightening a bolt/knob to fasten each. You could extend the two bases to the acquired distance place on top the metal plated treading (drilled for bolts) insert and tighten the bolts to fix the two together.

eBay etc has plastic knob handles for metal bolts (wing nut or rounded).

Having cement floor makes things alot easier.
Regards the tactile, I have one of those Simvibe ones ordered already and will compare to the standard units if that's any help but anyone should just consider getting the version approved. Which tactile to buy if someone is looking something bigger or more powerfull is maybe still up for discussion yet.

The first 80/20 aluminum profiles for the pedalstand arrived today :)

This stuf is like LEGO, it's expensive but your imagination is the limit

It's unbelievable strong and solid and of course fully adjustable

pedalstand.jpg

Now have to order the 80/20 parts for the seat and the aluminum brackets for the Mini LFE's

Looks great. Looking forward to see everything coming together ;)
Actually that stuff is a great idea, because I still have a spare seat to build another rig.
Just have to find a retailer :/

I see you have the Fanatec CSR Elite wheel. You use it on the Xbox360 and PS3? How does it feel when you use it with Gran Turismo 5?

I currently own the Logitech Driving Force GT, but seriously considering buying the Fanatec CSR (not Elite) wheel so i can use it both on my Xbox360 (Forza 4) and PS3 (GT5 and F1 2012)

@ Spike125, Mr Latte & tsupr1822

Thanks........:)

I will posting further updates in the upcomming weeks. Still a lot of things need be delivered before i can finish my new rig. I have almost daily deliveries at the moment, but there still a lot to be done and delivered.

I will also be doing some testing on the placement of the transducers and isolators to get an optimal result using the app rodney suggested.

It's very difficult to compare the feel between two placements, because it takes some time to move the transducer. I find more difficult to distinguish the feel if so time passes between the tests

This is where the app comes in very handy.

isolatortest.jpg

@Rivanov

The CSR Elite is an awesome wheel, it performs great in GT5, but it's a step up from the CSR, which is a pretty good wheel. I had one too and i can certainly recommend it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back