14. Truex Jr. (0 wins)
15. Ryan Newman (1 win)
16. Greg Biffle (1 win)
17. Paul Menard (0 wins)
18. Jeff Burton (1 win)
19. Juan Montoya (0 wins)
20. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (0 wins)

Outside of the Top 20: Brad Keselowski and Kurt Busch

Have you even watched Nascar in the past two to three years???

If you have are you sure it wasn't nationwide?

I didn't even notice Stewart not in the top 20 which is a bit ridiculous. I am trying to remember the last champion who didn't finish in the top 20 the next year. I don't think its happened for about 20 years (Alan Kulwicki and there's a reason behind that since he didn't finish the full season).

I didn't even notice Stewart not in the top 20 which is a bit ridiculous. I am trying to remember the last champion who didn't finish in the top 20 the next year. I don't think its happened for about 20 years (Alan Kulwicki and there's a reason behind that since he didn't finish the full season).

That was my old edit, my bad. At school, we have a mini prediction and I copied and pasted my old spreadsheet so sorry but here is the correct version:

1. Matt Kenseth (2 wins)
2. Jeff Gordon (3 wins)
3. Denny Hamlin (3 wins)
4. Kyle Busch (4 wins)
5. Kevin Harvick (2 wins)
6. Clint Bowyer (1 win)
7. Jimmie Johnson (4 wins)
8. Carl Edwards (2 wins)
9. Kasey Kahne (1 win)
10. A. J. Allmendinger (0 wins)
11. Joey Logano (2 wins)
12. Jamie McMurray (0 wins)

13. Brad Keselowski (1 win)
14. Tony Stewart (3 wins)
15. Ryan Newman (1 win)
16. Greg Biffle (1 win)
17. Ambrose (0 wins)
18. Jeff Burton (1 win)
19. Juan Montoya (0 wins)
20. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (0 wins)

Outside of the Top 20: Paul Menard (0 wins), Truex Jr. (1 win) and Kurt Busch (0 wins)

Very Ambitious but David Gilliland wins the Daytona 500, Mark Martin wins too, Trevor Bayne will win the Aarons 499 and Regan Smith will win at Darlington again.

Haha.

Last edited:
Stewart... P14?

Very few people had Tony on the cards for a Championship this year given his Regular Season form and had he not made the chase which he almost did this year, he could've easily finished 14th. After getting rid of Grubb, I think he'll pay this season and Ryan Newman will also have an off season too.

Yeah alot of people didn't have Jr. Doing as good as he did in the chase too but they'd have been dead wrong this time last year. Same goes for Stewart and BK since these were two others not pegged to do good. I would say that you should study the past few years more and read up on news that could also help certain drivers perform better than years before.

Also, Reutimann is now with Tommy Baldwin Racing for a 26-race schedule, and start-and-parking is apparently "not in their plans."

The #36 team in 2011 only ran 1 race where they failed to finish 10% of the laps. That was the February Phoenix race. This team is no longer a parking team.

The #36 team in 2011 only ran 1 race where they failed to finish 10% of the laps. That was the February Phoenix race. This team is no longer a parking team.

Daytona and Talladega I reckon they will run well.. like Blaney did... any news on his plans for 2012?

Daytona and Talladega I reckon they will run well.. like Blaney did... any news on his plans for 2012?

They will be running 2 cars. Reutimann in the 36 and Blaney in the 35.

They should outlaw start and park teams. its getting ridiculous. Some time ago a nationwide "team" qualified for the race, but they had no pit crew, pit box, etc. So they got DNS'ed and there was a spot that someone could have used to race.

They should outlaw start and park teams. its getting ridiculous. Some time ago a nationwide "team" qualified for the race, but they had no pit crew, pit box, etc. So they got DNS'ed and there was a spot that someone could have used to race.

Typically only a few teams end up going home, depending on the event. And those teams are usually start and parkers too, so...

Oh yes I remember that race. In the 2004 Subway 400 at Rockingham Raceway Joe Ruttman showed up to the event with no pit crew but this fact wasn't discovered (somehow) til Sunday when he was requested by NASCAR to park his car.

However, one should realize what team he parked for. His car was owned by none other than James Finch, the same owner who owned Keselowski's car when he won at Talladega in 2009 and the same owner who will have Kurt Busch driving for him in 2012.

I said the same thing in a conversation earlier.

Probably spent more money repairing cars than they earned in races.

Don't know if its been brought up yet, but are they running any races this season with the fuel injected engines in cup series? Probably not a big deal as NASCAR will have their hands all over that. If I remember right, 2013 is a full on switch to fuel injection. Thought maybe they would do a few races with it equipped on the cars this year.

It's 100% FI from 2012. Otherwise there would have been no point in testing it at every test session towards the end of the 2011 season.

Woah. NASCAR using FI? I really am behind...

Just slightly but that's because you keep busy in the F1 threads. That is a big reason why Tony Stewart and Lewis Hamilton did the car swap, because McLaren is the one manufacturing the EFI systems to them.

I find myself further and further behind in racing. F1, Le Mans, ALMS, DTM. And usually the NFL is on also. So NASCAR kinda takes a back-seat. Anything else revolutionary?

Not really. They were talking about using a bigger diameter wheel this year, but it was hardly talked about and kind of disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back