NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Jimmie Johnson going to tie Gordon? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What, are they going to strip #48 of one of their titles? Jeff isn't about to score 2 titles to pull ahead before Jimmie scores his next one.

Jeff Gordon will win 3 more championships in his career.

Jeff Gordon will win 3 more championships in his career.

It's only been 11 years since he's won a title. :dunce: Do you know what the longest time between titles is for any Sprint Cup driver?

I'll give you a hint: he drove for Rick Hendrick, and kept Jeff Gordon from winning 4 straight titles. :sly:

two-time!

I should have expected this as your response.

For those that can't translate, this would be Terry Labonte, who went 12 years between his 1984 and 1996 championships.

I know its speculation and there's no evidence but the MWR cars are running so well this year, I believe they could be up to their 2011 antics.

Of course in 2011, they were found guilty of cheating using underweight windshields and didn't even appeal the matter. This year the MWR cars have exceeded everyone's expectations. Truex Jr in the top 5 in the points. Mark Martin 14 in points despite missing Bristol yesterday when suprisingly Vickers took home 3rd in his first ever 2011 Sprint Cup race. Clint Bowyer in the #15 also finished in the top 5 in Bristol alongside Truex Jr and Vickers. Enormous surprise since it was exceedingly rare to see any MWR car finish in the top 10 in any non-restrictor plate last season.

I know in recent weeks, Jimmie Johnson has been found guilty of cheating but given MWR's very recent on and off track record, I am just going to propose that maybe something else than raw performance is fuelling their recent success.

I know its speculation and there's no evidence but the MWR cars are running so well this year, I believe they could be up to their 2011 antics.

In every race there are 43 cheating teams on the track, some are just better at it than others.

As far as MWR goes, throughout their existence they have been a very inconsistent team, I don't think they will be towards the front a month or so from now.

In every race there are 43 cheating teams on the track, some are just better at it than others.

As far as MWR goes, throughout their existence they have been a very inconsistent team, I don't think they will be towards the front a month or so from now.

Excellent point. Wish you could like posts but I cannot help believe that their rapid success is due to perhaps more extreme cheating like aerodynamic changes to their car or something else.

*Gordon crashes into other car by his fault*
ICEYOU: "Stupid F%#€>*! Other car!!!! &$@!

*Gordon hits wall*
ICEYOU: Stupid F%#€>*! Wall for being there!!!

*Gordon crashes into other car by his fault*
ICEYOU: "Stupid F%#€>*! Other car!!!! &$@!

*Gordon hits wall*
ICEYOU: Stupid F%#€>*! Wall for being there!!!

ICEYOU must be Montoya by that logic.

Jr. took responsibility for that incident with Jeff, but it's not his fault at all. He had no clue the exhaust was poking out the side of his car just enough to cut Jeff's tire down.

Just a racing incident as a result of close racing.

Also, Landon Cassill ended up with a slight black eye and broken blood vessel somehow during that race.

That Joe Gibbs support yo!

I should have expected this as your response.

For those that can't translate, this would be Terry Labonte, who went 12 years between his 1984 and 1996 championships.
Terry Lobonte AKA Iceman, Texas Terry, or the TWO-TIME NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES CHAMPION #44. One of the greatest ever!

Last edited:
Terry Lobonte AKA Iceman, Texas Terry, or the TWO-TIME NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES CHAMPION #44. One of the greatest ever!

A. It was still Winston Cup when he won.
B. He drove the #5 for his second championship.

ICEYOU
That Joe Gibbs support yo!

jackie-chan-meme.png

A. It was still Winston Cup when he won.
B. He drove the #5 for his second championship.

Yeah but he still won in the same division just under a different name. He is still considered a "Sprint Cup" Champion despite him winning his championships under the "Winston" banner. And the #44 was the last car he drove for Hendrick.

I hate how announcers say like, "1968 Sprint Cup" when talking about historic racing things. They didn't even have cell phones back then!

I hate how announcers say like, "1968 Sprint Cup" when talking about historic racing things. They didn't even have cell phones back then!

Well I guess thats just the way things are. I don't think it matters much anyway. Back in the Winston era, Richard Petty was still considered a SEVEN-TIME NASCAR WINSTON CUP SERIES CHAMPION, despite him winning 3 of his championships under the grand national banner.

Last edited:
Should call the drivers by their names.

Also, I think it would be better if TV went by "X time champion ______" but they have to appease the sponsors.

Should call the drivers by their names.

Sorry ever since Jimmie won his fifth championship, his Nickname went from the Dominator to FIVE-TIME. Ever since then I've calling out drivers by how many championship they've won. "Go THREE-TIME!" "That's right show'em FOUR-TIME!" "Oh snap, ONE-TIME crashed, yo!".

ICEYOU
Sorry ever since Jimmie won his fifth championship, his Nickname went from the Dominator to FIVE-TIME. Ever since then I've calling out drivers by how many championship they've won. "Go THREE-TIME!" "That's right show'em FOUR-TIME!" "Oh snap, ONE-TIME crashed, yo!".

What if the person never won anything?

ICEYOU
No-time :)

Like Jr or Harvick...Ironically their both TWO-TIME Nationwide champions though.

Haha... What if there's two no-times in a crash.
I just realized, if I were a network that covered NASCAR, and you were a commentator, you would be fired. Everyone would be lost haha.

"Oh and we have no time and no time battling for the lead! Oh but here comes no time to challenge them!!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back