NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving it up do the drivers is certainly more exciting than automated cars.

NASCAR shouldn't go by average speeds on pit road. Now that they have fuel injection, they can easily put pit limiters on the cars.
👍 Or they could have a set speed limit on pit road and have a little speedometer in the cars.

I'm not one much for automation of driving usually, but I have to say this would be much better. It can ruin a good race because someone went 2mph too fast in the pits and had to go back in the pack because of a penalty.

MÜLE_9242;6852940
Yet you're not suspicious of everyone else's championships? Quite the double standard you've got there.

Their cars passed inspection at the end of the day without any controversy. FIVE-TIME's team has been caught multiple times. So it's apples and oranges.

"It has looked like a block of crap for several years now" True the Impala should have been redesigned by now imo.

Last edited:
Their cars passed inspection at the end of the day without any controversy. FIVE-TIME's team has been caught multiple times. So it's apples and oranges.

1) USE NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x1,000,0000^9
2) There wasn't any controversy because it seems people only give a damn when it's something they can use against Danica or Jimmie.
3) Just because they weren't caught doesn't mean they aren't doing any rule breaking.

1) USE NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x1,000,0000^9
2) There wasn't any controversy because it seems people only give a damn when it's something they can use against Danica or Jimmie.
3) Just because they weren't caught doesn't mean they aren't doing any rule breaking.

I guess so...but then again his team has been caught several times, which causes Nascar to watch their team more closely. I know it sounds noobish but it's the truth.

Last edited:
You're also comparing old rules to new rules. Like you said, Apples to Oranges.
The new templates are way harder to get around, whereas in the past, they were pretty limited in what they actually measured. Increased restrictions, increased amounts of infractions. Even further on the same point, like you said, NASCAR is watching them closer than many other teams, so why wouldn't you expect them to get caught more often? But like I said, according to the rules written, the C-Pillar that was in question, passed the 'template' inspection. It was an infraction outside of the template that raised concern. Not black and white, clearly a grey area.

Johnson's number 48 will be yellow this weekend, literally. I actually prefer it this color.

EDIT: Kasey's 5 is yellow too.

Last edited:
Kyles on the move today. Started 43rd, 19th by lap 4. Currently leading with 26 laps left, battling with BK and Joey Logano

They could run on Monday if they have to. The next race is at Martinsville so the schedule isn't as tight as it was after Daytona.

Still the opposite side of the country.

Pretty sure all the teams have their Martinsville cars in their shops ready to go at a moment's notice. Plus, it's only a couple hours drive from Charlotte to Martinsville.

Definitely not a tight schedule like it was from Daytona to Phoenix.

Yall sure it's gonna rain? Seems clear over there...
WUNIDS_map

We'll be racing on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back