NASCAR - 41.XXX @ Daytona Speedway

• Thread starter krautfed
  • 152 comments
Hi all,
Apparently the Toyota's have more bhp if you give them an oil change straight after buying them.
I'm not sure if this is true so don't rely on it.
How great would it be if we had a REAL nascar driver to come and tell us perfect car settings so we could run sub 40 laps consistently and last for 40 laps that would be nice.

Last edited:
Alright well I'll be online most likely Monday night so I'll try to catch some of you guys online. Just stating what I'm experiencing but I did catch a race last night where a guy did 20 laps with soft tires ( as the set limit ) before running them bald and spinning out. He was in first.

As I said, never done soft tires in an online race unless I put with maybe 13 or so laps left and run the rest of the race with the softs. I've played online with the best of the best when it comes to NASCAR racing. Guys can actually handle two wide for long periods of time without destroying each other and can actually bump draft in the corners without spinning themselves out. Usually run first, but sometimes I get passed up in the end for whatever reason.

I remember doing soft tires one time in a 20 lap race and they were gone by lap 10 with a spinout that I controlled slipping from 1st to 4th before slipping back into the lead draft.

30-35 laps with soft tires? Seems impossible, but we shall see. Soft tires are meant for speed and control, not durability. That would mean your setup could allow for 60-70 laps with hard tires, atleast. I would love to see that personally, considering I know real NASCAR's can handle tons of laps on their tires without having to pit. Right now I run about 30 laps on the hard tires before pitting.

My setup runs 41.7's solo usually. High or low really doesn't matter. I can run the entire race on the high line and pretty much get the same results as the low line. Except during drafting when the high line will cause more friction due to you having to fight the draft a bit more to stay off the wall causing a little more wear then the low line. But yeah, add me up and I'll race. udontneed2know26 for online ID.

Oh and I guarantee I would beat whoever that was that said I sucked lol. Full track or one on one, doesn't matter. I use the controller and only have any trouble with turn 1 with holding the line. I barely inch up if anything. Turn 3, with less bank, ill stick the high or low and won't bunch a millimeter with the controller.

I had a feeling the setup was for the wheel. I know for a fact I would save some tire wear if I had the wheel and was able to stick the turns and stick to the rear in the draft better. All the going back and forth messing with your tires with the controller, of course.

Ok your debate about 30 laps is dead.Many of the people on here have seen me do it,krautfed,killereswanney,U2slow and others do it.I have also raced Nascar online since nascar racing 2003 came out.You can't get it through your head that with the setup I posted people are doing 30 laps.Come race with me at 7:00 EST and I will personally show you for your own eyes to see.If you cant do 20 laps with this setup go play MARIO CART.

Ok your debate about 30 laps is dead.Many of the people on here have seen me do it,krautfed,killereswanney,U2slow and others do it.I have also raced Nascar online since nascar racing 2003 came out.You can't get it through your head that with the setup I posted people are doing 30 laps.Come race with me at 7:00 EST and I will personally show you for your own eyes to see.If you cant do 20 laps with this setup go play MARIO CART.

Sorry for sounding rude what kind of tires do you think they use for a nascar race.Nascar tells the teams what to run and that is what they use.They only have a limited number of tires available for races and cannot use a different compound that is not approved by nascar.That is the rules my friend so stop posting stuff you know nothing about.

i JUST played a 43 lap Nascar race, and these two guys with USS in front of their names went the whole way without pitting. The host had to change the laps to 50 on the next race and they had to pit at 45..... WOW!

i mean i can make 30 without pitting, but jesus, not pitting in a 43 lap race? I asked what tires they were using and they were a bunch of sarcastic jackasses telling me they use rain tires.....

i JUST played a 43 lap Nascar race, and these two guys with USS in front of their names went the whole way without pitting. The host had to change the laps to 50 on the next race and they had to pit at 45..... WOW!

i mean i can make 30 without pitting, but jesus, not pitting in a 43 lap race? I asked what tires they were using and they were a bunch of sarcastic jackasses telling me they use rain tires.....

I will find out for you.In theory yes rain tires would last longer but I could not see much grip from them.Sounds interesting but then again if people can find a way to exploit the game to win they will.

Well I guess people hosting will have to start making changes to the rules and make HARD,MED,OR SOFT the only tires available.

most i was able to do is 26 laps then my tires are gone, maybe its a certain way you have to turn the analog idk

Last edited:

One of the guys I race with is friends with the USS guys... I don't know if its killerjimbag or not. I know I race with them ALL the time and I've never noticed them getting away with it on longer races. I'll keep an eye out and ask them next time.

I looked it up and a real nascar race the guys usually pit around lap 40-45 due to tire wear and other things. Sounds pretty close to what I'm hearing. Like I said if I had a wheel I would probably easily last 10-12 laps more then I do now due to the analog not being good when it comes to sticking the high banked turn 1. Turn 3 is easy as pie to hold but turn 1 causes the most tire wear. Doesnt matter how I enter the turn, high low, medium, high then low, whatever. The analog will cause the car to slide up or weave a bit. My bro has an OLD, like 7 year old wheel that works for GT without the feedback and I nailed the turns in Daytona without moving a millimeter but the thing feels like a 69 corvette wheel due to the force feedback being off, so not using it anymore.

Just wanted to say this is a fine tune Krautfed.

CAN SOMEONE WITH A WHEEL TEST THIS SETUP ???

I'm using a Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel with firmware 6.13. Sen 540 FF 100 SHO 100 DRI OFF ABS OFF

I only have about 6 hours of online NASCAR racing on Daytona, but thanks to this tune I felt like I had the best car in about a dozen races last night. I could take any line. High or low and always stable. I was lucky to find some really clean races. This tune allowed me to overtake pretty much anyplace I wanted. Great to bump draft with too.

Thanks for sharing.

**I'm driving in an obutto rig with a Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel and Clubsport pedal set. I have an Aura Bass shaker attached under the seat, driven by a Dayton 100W subwoofer amp. That's how I roll.

Last edited:
Tested the first setup posted with the DFGT online and did 30 laps no problem on soft tires, took 1st. I followed it up with a 40 lap online race on hard tires and took 3rd, no problems there either. I didnt pit in either race. Lap times at the beginning to middle of both races were 41.XXX with drafting.

Thanks for the tune!

One of the guys I race with is friends with the USS guys... I don't know if its killerjimbag or not. I know I race with them ALL the time and I've never noticed them getting away with it on longer races. I'll keep an eye out and ask them next time.

Did a qualifying lap on rain tires with my setup and did 41.898 lap.
No I'm not joking and then did a 25 lap race on rain tires and won.They seemed to actually get better as the race went on,don't think you could do 50 laps with these.I was shocked they actually ran great.

I have tried the original setup listed by krautfed along with numerous others suggested by different people and at least 100 of my own creations and have found that no matter what set up I use I am always in the 41.7-41.9 range(solo) and always can do exactly 34 laps on my soft tires before they go. I use a controller, and for the people talking about the camber being too high and causing the tires to burn out. I can get 30 laps on soft tires with the camber being 5 or more and I can get 30 laps with the camber being 0, doesn't seem to matter how much I change it. I have heard of people using rain tires to go 40 or more laps but I have never tried it, and people seem to hate to give out setups even if they got them from somebody else.

Will be trying the rain tire setup in the morning just to see if there is any truth to it. I have witnessed a guy run an online lap of 40.757 by himself and I cant for the life of me figure out where he got that speed from. No matter what I try I can't get close to it and have never seen anybody else get close to it either. For reference this is the setup I am running now and it will get me 20-25 laps of high 41's and the tires will go exactly 34 laps if driven right.

Aero 20/40
Trans 236 qual/ 242 draft
LSD 60/60/5
Ride ht 15/15
Springs 20.0/20.0
Dampers 8/8
8/8
Anti Roll 4/4
camber 0.0/0.0
toe 0.0/0.0
Tires Racing soft

Again, if anybody could critique that and tell me where I could find more speed I'm all ears. When I ran Krautfeds setup in this thread which is very different from mine the results were about the same. High 41 laps, and 30-35 laps on the soft tires. If you want to race hit me up psn ID XxCANExX.

Again, if anybody could critique that and tell me where I could find more speed I'm all ears. When I ran Krautfeds setup in this thread which is very different from mine the results were about the same

I mentioned this in the other thread. It seems that (lack of) aero gives the MPH and the rest is up to driving control. Great control with smooth lines will yield 41's and 30+ laps. Certain drivers prefer different suspension settings. It all comes down to getting a suspension suited for you and then becoming comfortable with that setting.

I've also heard rumors of mysterous 40 second lap times and rain tires. Ive started noticing with my racer friends that they are starting to limit the kinds of tires and also re-setting the room via changing settings and changing back. This boots everyone to lobby and resets best lap times, forcing everyone to run softs so theres no risk of rain tire glitch, and forcing lap times from fresh tires + full fuel.

FWIW: One of my friends (can't remember name, I'll look) is doing a Daytona 1000 this Saturday online. Thats 400 laps / 1000 miles / 6 hours. :scared: I know there were several requirements but it was going to be a practice session prior to decide who'd get to run and who wouldnt... more of a connection thing and not a skill thing. Not sure but I think it was limited to North America.

I mentioned this in the other thread. It seems that (lack of) aero gives the MPH and the rest is up to driving control. Great control with smooth lines will yield 41's and 30+ laps. Certain drivers prefer different suspension settings. It all comes down to getting a suspension suited for you and then becoming comfortable with that setting.

I've also heard rumors of mysterous 40 second lap times and rain tires. Ive started noticing with my racer friends that they are starting to limit the kinds of tires and also re-setting the room via changing settings and changing back. This boots everyone to lobby and resets best lap times, forcing everyone to run softs so theres no risk of rain tire glitch, and forcing lap times from fresh tires + full fuel.

FWIW: One of my friends (can't remember name, I'll look) is doing a Daytona 1000 this Saturday online. Thats 400 laps / 1000 miles / 6 hours. :scared: I know there were several requirements but it was going to be a practice session prior to decide who'd get to run and who wouldnt... more of a connection thing and not a skill thing. Not sure but I think it was limited to North America.

You guy's might want to put top speed at 249 MPH if you get into a drafting room or your toast.

After reading this post today, and taking notes on many other setups from around the internet I have posted a personal best of 41.662 at Daytona With My Carl Edwards #99 Ford Nascar. I pretty much have a hybrid of many settings that helped me get this fast. As far as tire wear I've got no idea I usually only like to race 10-15 lap races so it should not matter. Anyway i'd like to thank Kraufted for sharing his setup which i based mine on.

I have tried the original setup listed by krautfed along with numerous others suggested by different people and at least 100 of my own creations and have found that no matter what set up I use I am always in the 41.7-41.9 range(solo) and always can do exactly 34 laps on my soft tires before they go. I use a controller, and for the people talking about the camber being too high and causing the tires to burn out. I can get 30 laps on soft tires with the camber being 5 or more and I can get 30 laps with the camber being 0, doesn't seem to matter how much I change it. I have heard of people using rain tires to go 40 or more laps but I have never tried it, and people seem to hate to give out setups even if they got them from somebody else.

Will be trying the rain tire setup in the morning just to see if there is any truth to it. I have witnessed a guy run an online lap of 40.757 by himself and I cant for the life of me figure out where he got that speed from. No matter what I try I can't get close to it and have never seen anybody else get close to it either. For reference this is the setup I am running now and it will get me 20-25 laps of high 41's and the tires will go exactly 34 laps if driven right.

Aero 20/40
Trans 236 qual/ 242 draft
LSD 60/60/5
Ride ht 15/15
Springs 20.0/20.0
Dampers 8/8
8/8
Anti Roll 4/4
camber 0.0/0.0
toe 0.0/0.0
Tires Racing soft

Again, if anybody could critique that and tell me where I could find more speed I'm all ears. When I ran Krautfeds setup in this thread which is very different from mine the results were about the same. High 41 laps, and 30-35 laps on the soft tires. If you want to race hit me up psn ID XxCANExX.

How are you getting 30-35 laps on softs with Krautfeds setup? I'm using the same setup and my right rear end tire is nearly done for at lap 27-28 and i take th high line ALL THE TIME to conserve tires. All my tires are at half way by that point, but the rear right is nearly gone completely which already makes it squirley and impossible NOT TO spin out on the turns.

.... and i use a g27.... so how are people getting more laps on dual shocks with the same setup is beyond me.

Wish GT people would have added the pack racing element in better, using a reduced horsepower option as a restrictor plate sim.

I seem to be able to get 30-35 out of any setup, mainly because I don't like to run out front. I usually try to be the last car in the draft of the lead pack so I can conserve as much tire and fuel as possible. Usually on laps 32-34 it gets a little dicey but as long as you don't make sudden movements in the corners you can usually hold it. If I am in a 30 or 35 lap race I usually won't pit unless everybody is. You have to drive completely passive if you want to make it that far, and hope that you get the win just based on pit strategy and not actually on passing people.

I have to say I was truly frightened of that camber setting at first but it seems to do pretty good. I ran in front a ton online and as long as I had a clean race it was always winnable with this setup. THANKS FOR THE SHARE.

How are you getting 30-35 laps on softs with Krautfeds setup? I'm using the same setup and my right rear end tire is nearly done for at lap 27-28 and i take th high line ALL THE TIME to conserve tires. All my tires are at half way by that point, but the rear right is nearly gone completely which already makes it squirley and impossible NOT TO spin out on the turns.

.... and i use a g27.... so how are people getting more laps on dual shocks with the same setup is beyond me.

Yes you are correct you will burn off the right rear with this setup.

There's some confusion with people posting tire wear. I think we should note in race or in free run.

My tune is different from the posted tune. I run consistent mid-high 41.7s in free run. I get 31 laps on my tires running them until the right rear is gone, running the fastest line. Even with my tires worn down, I run consitent 41.8's. In a race I've gone 37 laps sitting back drafting. In practice mode, my car ran a 41.403! But that's practice mode.

My camber is real small, very little toe, 242mph gearing & default LSD.

I think the confusion on tire wear is with the way people drive. People want a setup that's going to let them drive full out in the front on the low line for 35 laps.....well it's not going to happen. You cant race upfront and battle for the lead for 20 laps and expect your tires to make it to lap 35. I race with alot of guys that can go 40 plus on tires and they just sit back in the back of the lead pack running the high line and don't actually start racing until the last few laps. The one thing I have found to be the most helpful in terms of tire wear is to run with 0 camber and 0 toe. It takes some getting use to and your car will not be as responsive in corners, but you will not lose any speed and will get much better tire wear. I think I posted my setup earlier in this thread, and that setup will get me 27-30 laps running hard and 34-37 running passive. I use a controller as well so I'm sure I lose a few laps just for that.

These are okay settings but they are not Godly of what I have witnessed online by several players who can average 39-40 seconds per lap on the track during qualifying (or free run). (Note that drafting does not apply during free run!).

This one particular player who was using a #48 Jimmie Johnson Impala NASCAR got an insanely best lap of 39.XXX seconds!! Most players in the room was asking how since they averaged only about 42-44 seconds. He didn't say much besides saying it depends how you tune your NASCAR. When the race started... This guy was insanely fast and also very, very skilled. He managed to slip through other cars very quickly without making any contact and raced clean without bump drafting other drivers or going under the yellow line. It was only a 20 lap race but this guy was 1st place throughout the entire race with little drafting. He won by a 5 second gap over 2nd place despite many cars in a pack behind him (I was in that pack, got 5th place out of 15).

I saved the replay and saw that he got a best lap about 38 seconds in lap 11 or 12 when he was drafting from a player he overlapped but he passed that player since his car was so damn fast and the player he drafted with for awhile could not catch up with him! His NASCAR was extremely fast and it looked like he didn't need to draft to begin with. He enters about 221MPH in corner 1 and exits about 210MPH on corner 2. On the backstretch I saw his car went up to 228MPH entering corner 3 and exits corner 4 at 215MPH. He tends to drive inside only but really knows how to hold a racing line. Steering wheel perhaps? Also he was using soft racing tires.

I really, really want to know his NASCAR tuning settings! He says his NASCAR has 892HP which is the max HP you can have with any NASCAR. But how in the hell does he drive so damn fast and averages 40 second laps around Daytona with little or no drafting? There were other players who joined the room that raced similar to him but only averaged about 41-42 seconds but the #48 champ was finally beaten after three races because he got involved in a wreck but mentioned earlier... very skilled and easily recovered from the wreck.

He says he goes on GTP so hopefully if you read this, could you please share your NASCAR tuning settings with us? PLEASE? :)

I had loads of fun today. 👍 The room had 15 really good racers in it and the host had a course rotation going on. It went Daytona-High Speed Ring-Indy with each course being run twice before moving on. Everyone shared setups and it was awesome running ovals and fast road course with the same people.

Major break through, for me at least. Now I was looking to shed more time off my 41.742" best. My usual Kyle Busch Toyota was low on power, so I used my Tony Stewart Chevy to start testing out adjustments. But 5 laps in on the base run I posted a 41.653" !!?? So then I was thinking, is the Chevy really faster than the Toyota? I got in my K.B. car after an oil change, the car was noticeably looser and still ran the usual mid high 41.7"s. Then it hit me! I never believed in the chasis restoration. 3851 miles on the car and never rebuilt the body. Did the restore and whoa! Now my Toyota runs like the Chevy... And to think, the tune I created was built on that worn out chasis. Lesson learned, chasis really do wear out. Not sure at what mileage, but I was used to that loose thing :dunce: So, my racing set-up runs 41.653" geared at 242mph, 236mph will probably make an amazing time for a solo run.

Back