NASCAR - 41.XXX @ Daytona Speedway

• Thread starter krautfed
  • 152 comments
41.xxx isn't hard to get and this guy is what is commonly becoming an ass in online rooms, they sit on the inside line usually with a friend drafting and block anyone that tries to overtake. Yes overtaking on the outside is possible but only if you have someone good and i mean really good to help draft with you. If not you get caught up behind these people and anytime you try to make a pass they will cut you off or cause a crash then blame it on you. I'm quickly getting sick of these people when they barely hold 200 in the corner and i'm holding almost 210. They're nothing special and only get most of their victories from intentionally blocking others.

People on controllers are the worst though as they hold much less speeds in the corners and swerve all over the track.

Yes you are correct with the controller people.Most of the time in the corners they cannot hold a line and cause accidents.I have raced many times with the stick people and they cannot drive the high line at Daytona as the hit the wall almost every lap and drive up into people constantly from the bottom.Perhaps some of you watched the 24 hours of Daytona this weekend.Let me give you a little tip that was a quote from the announcers of this race. The fastest line around Daytona that does not promote as much tire wear and is the flattest part of the track is the top line.Let's see a person with a controller run this line for 30 laps and I will be impressed.
The controller wheel issue is like beating a dead dog.Has anyone watched Vettle use a controller in any of the videos posted by Sony? Save your money buy a wheel and then you will see the difference.

Yes you are correct with the controller people.Most of the time in the corners they cannot hold a line and cause accidents.I have raced many times with the stick people and they cannot drive the high line at Daytona as the hit the wall almost every lap and drive up into people constantly from the bottom.Perhaps some of you watched the 24 hours of Daytona this weekend.Let me give you a little tip that was a quote from the announcers of this race. The fastest line around Daytona that does not promote as much tire wear and is the flattest part of the track is the top line.Let's see a person with a controller run this line for 30 laps and I will be impressed.
The controller wheel issue is like beating a dead dog.Has anyone watched Vettle use a controller in any of the videos posted by Sony? Save your money buy a wheel and then you will see the difference.

mysterious add me as a friend, we'll race tonight and yes I have a wheel and can drive with the best of them.

PSN ID XxCANExX. Hit me up anytime. I will run that high line all day long for 35 laps stright on my DS3. The key to running smooth on a DS3 is not using the same setup that the guys using the wheel use. It simply won't work. I was looking at the setup that you posted and it's totally different than mine because you use a wheel, yet we most likely get the same results. I know that I couldn't control your setup on my controller and vice versa. It's all about maximizing what you have to work with. Sorry for the rant but I have to stick up for us controller guys, there are some of us that are very fast, and very smooth. Only problem I have is when bump drafting in corners, but in theory that shouldn't be happening anyway.

Last edited:
These are okay settings but they are not Godly of what I have witnessed online by several players who can average 39-40 seconds per lap on the track during qualifying (or free run). (Note that drafting does not apply during free run!).

This one particular player who was using a #48 Jimmie Johnson Impala NASCAR got an insanely best lap of 39.XXX seconds!! Most players in the room was asking how since they averaged only about 42-44 seconds. He didn't say much besides saying it depends how you tune your NASCAR. When the race started... This guy was insanely fast and also very, very skilled. He managed to slip through other cars very quickly without making any contact and raced clean without bump drafting other drivers or going under the yellow line. It was only a 20 lap race but this guy was 1st place throughout the entire race with little drafting. He won by a 5 second gap over 2nd place despite many cars in a pack behind him (I was in that pack, got 5th place out of 15).
Sounds like a legend is born:)

I saved the replay and saw that he got a best lap about 38 seconds in lap 11 or 12 when he was drafting from a player he overlapped but he passed that player since his car was so damn fast and the player he drafted with for awhile could not catch up with him! His NASCAR was extremely fast and it looked like he didn't need to draft to begin with. He enters about 221MPH in corner 1 and exits about 210MPH on corner 2. On the backstretch I saw his car went up to 228MPH entering corner 3 and exits corner 4 at 215MPH. He tends to drive inside only but really knows how to hold a racing line. Steering wheel perhaps? Also he was using soft racing tires.

I really, really want to know his NASCAR tuning settings! He says his NASCAR has 892HP which is the max HP you can have with any NASCAR. But how in the hell does he drive so damn fast and averages 40 second laps around Daytona with little or no drafting? There were other players who joined the room that raced similar to him but only averaged about 41-42 seconds but the #48 champ was finally beaten after three races because he got involved in a wreck but mentioned earlier... very skilled and easily recovered from the wreck.

He says he goes on GTP so hopefully if you read this, could you please share your NASCAR tuning settings with us? PLEASE? :)

PSN ID XxCANExX. Hit me up anytime. I will run that high line all day long for 35 laps stright on my DS3. The key to running smooth on a DS3 is not using the same setup that the guys using the wheel use. It simply won't work. I was looking at the setup that you posted and it's totally different than mine because you use a wheel, yet we most likely get the same results. I know that I couldn't control your setup on my controller and vice versa. It's all about maximizing what you have to work with. Sorry for the rant but I have to stick up for us controller guys, there are some of us that are very fast, and very smooth. Only problem I have is when bump drafting in corners, but in theory that shouldn't be happening anyway.

That is my point there are 2 guys that I know that can bump draft with a controller.The rest not so much.In a 50 lap race the stick guys are usually in trouble by about lap 25 due to the fact they cannot drive at 215 to 220 in the corners.In theory means nothing it's in the game and as I tried to explain to iprokka about how fast I was going is due to bump drafting in and out of corners that is how you get speed and 39 to 40 second lap times.Qualifying times mean squat in a 50 or 100 lap race as the last guy catches you or has a better run due to drafting by the first turn.
How much do these controllers cost anyway?

I don't understand what part of IT WAS ME he didn't understand.Anyway hit me up anytime and I will show the unbelievers.Forget qualifying and solo laps they don't mean squat.Draft draft draft my friends and you gain speed speed speed.Nothing to do with legend just smart racing and a good setup.

That is my point there are 2 guys that I know that can bump draft with a controller.The rest not so much.In a 50 lap race the stick guys are usually in trouble by about lap 25 due to the fact they cannot drive at 215 to 220 in the corners.In theory means nothing it's in the game and as I tried to explain to iprokka about how fast I was going is due to bump drafting in and out of corners that is how you get speed and 39 to 40 second lap times.Qualifying times mean squat in a 50 or 100 lap race as the last guy catches you or has a better run due to drafting by the first turn.
How much do these controllers cost anyway?

well yeah the bump drafting in corners gets a little sketchy, but it really shouldnt be happening anyway, leaves to many openings for spins on every car involved. I think with most the controller guys it's the bad ones that get all the attention because they are usually so bad that you can see it from a mile away. I agree qualifying means nothing really until you get stranded all alone coming out of the pits. that's when it pays to have the fast car. I would love to get a wheel, I have to work so hard to race clean and fast on the sticks, but I feel like I'm the last of a dying breed, and sometimes I just like to fight the establishment....I'm pretty sure that was from a Public Enemy song lol.

So this topic is a mile off-topic now. Any new discoveries on tire wear? Anyone running legit 41.5"s? I am at 41.627" now.

I've been struggling with Daytona, but just tried those settings on the OP and I did find the experience so much better. So a big thanks to the OP. I'm using Sticks BTW not a steering wheel, haven't invested in one of them yet.

So this topic is a mile off-topic now. Any new discoveries on tire wear? Anyone running legit 41.5"s? I am at 41.627" now.

Yes I can run low 41's.I own 6 Nascars running low 41's is not a problem.Take some of these settings and adjust the toe and camber,try some for yourself.I have explained to people online it is their driving style and factors around them that wears out tires most of the time not the set-up. 41's are great if you are running by yourself,how often does that happen in a 50/200 lap race?

Yes I can run low 41's.I own 6 Nascars running low 41's is not a problem.Take some of these settings and adjust the toe and camber,try some for yourself.I have explained to people online it is their driving style and factors around them that wears out tires most of the time not the set-up. 41's are great if you are running by yourself,how often does that happen in a 50/200 lap race?

I just checked and my fastest lap at Daytona in a draft was 38.976.That was with 4 guys all drafting for 5 laps and sticking together.

I just checked and my fastest lap at Daytona in a draft was 38.976.That was with 4 guys all drafting for 5 laps and sticking together.

It's great when you get some guys together and can do 10 laps or so sub 40 seconds. It's not that hard either. I wish guys would understand that more in the online rooms instead of trying to fight you for 8th place on lap 10 of 50 lol. Now I know we have some good tuners in this thread and I am currently struggling bad with something. I have a great setup for indy on soft tires, it runs low 44's and can go 20 plus laps, but I'm going to be doing a race with hard tires and I for the life of me can't get this car dialed in. I have spent at least 4 hours tuning and testing to no avail. I tried using my same soft tire setup with the hard tires and it was awful. I need to be getting under 45 seconds on a routine basis to be competitive in this race and right now I can get a 44.9 but that's right on the edge of out of control and I wouldn't feel safe with it in a pack. If anybody could help It would be greatly appreciated.

When you say low 41.'s, how low? I have a set up I can run consistent 41.40's. I thought this was pretty close. I cant imagine being a half a second off. But hey if so, that just means more track time 👍

The times I quote are for solo free runs in the online lounge. The cars are faster in A-spec practice. There is too much confusion on who's running what lap time under different conditions.

As for Indy, I am a road course guy, and if I'm going to go in circles, I prefer Daytona. I might try it one day but not anytime soon. As for hard tires, I would try to go for a tire conservative set-up rather than trying to reach a certain lap time. Not being realisticaly represented, hard tires wear and get loose quicker then softs.

The times I quote are for solo free runs in the online lounge. The cars are faster in A-spec practice. There is too much confusion on who's running what lap time under different conditions.

As for Indy, I am a road course guy, and if I'm going to go in circles, I prefer Daytona. I might try it one day but not anytime soon. As for hard tires, I would try to go for a tire conservative set-up rather than trying to reach a certain lap time. Not being realisticaly represented, hard tires wear and get loose quicker then softs.

Thank you someone finally understands that hard tires wear faster.

Yeah I'm working on trying to get the most life out of them so I can maybe win the race onn pit strategy, but I'm trying not to lose alot of speed in the process. I figure if I can somehow coax 20 laps out of the hards on a 100 lap race I should be able to pit 1 less time than everybody else, but I wont be as fast So if I lose the draft I will be hurting.

Yeah I'm working on trying to get the most life out of them so I can maybe win the race onn pit strategy, but I'm trying not to lose alot of speed in the process. I figure if I can somehow coax 20 laps out of the hards on a 100 lap race I should be able to pit 1 less time than everybody else, but I wont be as fast So if I lose the draft I will be hurting.

20 laps on hard tires? You should get at least 25 laps on softs.

20 laps on hard tires? You should get at least 25 laps on softs.

I can get 25 laps on softs at Indy, but I Have to use Hard Tires on the race in question. In my testing I'm getting about 16 out of the Hard tires and am about a 5 tenths slower than the the fastest guy. Not sure what his setup is in terms of tire wear, but I figure if I can somehow get 20 laps out of the hard tires I should be better off even with being a little slower. My soft tire setup does not work at all on hard tires, hence my frustration. Right now during testing I am doing 10-12 laps full throttle on indy and at about lap 13 it falls off dramatically. I know that I'm never going to be able to get the same speed and tire wear on the hard tires as I do on the soft, but I'm sure there has got to be a way to get 20 laps out of those things and still be in the high 44 low 45 range.

I can get 25 laps on softs at Indy, but I Have to use Hard Tires on the race in question. In my testing I'm getting about 16 out of the Hard tires and am about a 5 tenths slower than the the fastest guy. Not sure what his setup is in terms of tire wear, but I figure if I can somehow get 20 laps out of the hard tires I should be better off even with being a little slower. My soft tire setup does not work at all on hard tires, hence my frustration. Right now during testing I am doing 10-12 laps full throttle on indy and at about lap 13 it falls off dramatically. I know that I'm never going to be able to get the same speed and tire wear on the hard tires as I do on the soft, but I'm sure there has got to be a way to get 20 laps out of those things and still be in the high 44 low 45 range.

I'm assuming your talking about Daytona?You should get 25 to 30 laps easy with soft tires.If your not getting 25 laps then your setup is wrong or your driving style is burning them off.
Here is my tune for Daytona with a wheel.
Aero 20/40
Tranny 242 MPH for solo 249 MPH for drafting
LSD 60/60/15
Suspension
Ride Height F 15 R 15
Spring F 18.5 R 18.5
Ext F 8 R 4
Com F 8 R 4
Roll F 4 R 4
Camber F 3.0 R3.0
Toe F .00 R .15
Brakes F 3 R 7
Soft tires
Give it a try and stay on the high line.

Try this link also
http://www.gt5-tuning.com/index.php?title=Car_Of_Tomorrow_'10

I'm assuming your talking about Daytona?You should get 25 to 30 laps easy with soft tires.If your not getting 25 laps then your setup is wrong or your driving style is burning them off.
Here is my tune for Daytona with a wheel.
Aero 20/40
Tranny 242 MPH for solo 249 MPH for drafting
LSD 60/60/15
Suspension
Ride Height F 15 R 15
Spring F 18.5 R 18.5
Ext F 8 R 4
Com F 8 R 4
Roll F 4 R 4
Camber F 3.0 R3.0
Toe F .00 R .15
Brakes F 3 R 7
Soft tires
Give it a try and stay on the high line.

No I was talking about INDY on HARD TIRES, sorry for the confusion. I'm all good on Daytona and on Indy with SOFT TIRES. Yeah I realize I totally went off topic of Krautfeds thread, but I have been posting in this thread for a while and it seems like we went off topic a while ago lol. People never want to seem to help with the online tunes, I listed my tune for Daytona earlier in this thread as did you, and a few others but generally most people stay mute. I have an INDY setup on SOFT TIRES that gets me low 44's for 20 laps and 25 laps total on the tires, what I was looking for was a way I could stay in the 44-45 range and get 18-20 laps on INDY with HARD TIRES.

Edit: Thanks just saw the link, and it looks like that is an Indy tune, It says soft tires, but I can try plugging it in with Hard Tires and see how it works.

Just raced with the guy I was talking about the other night (or last Thursday). His PSN is hard to say but it ends with Nation I think. Maybe I was exaggerating in my earlier posts about him but this particular player is indeed really fast and skilled. He drives the #48 Jimmie Johnson NASCAR. Played with him in a NASCAR room and the host was ParkCityBunny (claims to be a chick but never uses a headset). Anyway I raced in that room with him and in the first race but he ended up 2nd place. He complained about the network environment being too laggy which was true since you'll see cars awkwardly move out of control and accidentally getting hit by them.

After the race, he and the host got into a heated argument during qualify lol. This Nation guy seriously knows his NASCAR stuff and the host was just talking out of her ass. The host was arguing that she can run her NASCAR below 850HP (826HP she claims) and still do 42 second laps. Nation says it wasn't possible at all since your car will perform slower but the host kept saying "HP is just a number. Doesn't affect anything." What's funny is that she tried to beat Nation's best lap of 42.0 seconds but she couldn't do it with the NASCAR below 850HP in which she argued she can lol! She later switches to a 892HP NASCAR and was able to get 42.9 seconds but could not beat Nation's best lap but still brags that she did a 42 second lap.

When the host was about to start the second race, she was really talking trash to Nation and putting words into his mouth. Nation was saying that his transmission's top speed was 249MPH but the host thought he said he can run 249MPH by himself and told him to prove it. Nation was like "Prove what? I didn't say anything about running up to 249MPH." The host kept saying he did. When the race was starting, the host kept typing "He won't win."

And then the race started... Nation was up front immediately but the host got up front by another player with a draft and that player bumped into Nation's car on purpose causing him to hit the wall. Even though he was involved in that collision, Nation would get back to the lead pack very quickly. I was in that lead pack (5th place) and I saw Nation trying to get near with the host and 2nd place but 2nd place would block Nation on purpose and also try to take him when they were side-to-side. Nation's NASCAR was so fast he would be side-to-side with that host who was drafting and Nation had no car behind him. Sometimes Nation would pass right by them but then again the duo would catch up immediately since they were drafting each other.

When Nation got up front again (1st place) and his car in front of the host, that's when his car disappeared. Most likely kicked out by the host who backed out the race for that reason (maybe she got pissed off at him). It was really lame of the host for kicking him out simply because he was winning and had the fastest car on the race track.

I tried adding him but he doesn't accept friend requests. But if you ever encounter this Nation player, you should see how he races. I usually see him play online in NASCAR rooms time to time, especially if that MIKE-TYSON is hosting. He's sort of picky and gets really aggressive when a player passes below the yellow line. You'll see him take out the player who tried to overtake him by passing the yellow line. Other than that he's a very good and clean racer and doesn't tailgate or bump into other cars excessively.

LOL...nice post but I didn't kick him, he lagged out, he's a lagger it is how he wins races, anyone who plays online see's what advantage laggers have. I've never seen him race clean ever since he's a lagger he is usually wrecking the entire field and not noticing he does it.
Yes you can run the same times with a engine at 892 or 840, it's all in the line you run nothing else.

I've also saw in this thread about 38 second lap times, I've witnessed a few users running 38's out of the draft non-stop, however none in my eyes are legit users and should be banned for running jailbroken PS3's. I'm assuming they're using a cheat, because racing with 2 of them I set a race to 50 laps, they both ran consistant 38's the entire race and had 0 tire wear, tires stayed blue the entire race,also they used no fuel.

No I was talking about INDY on HARD TIRES, sorry for the confusion. I'm all good on Daytona and on Indy with SOFT TIRES. Yeah I realize I totally went off topic of Krautfeds thread, but I have been posting in this thread for a while and it seems like we went off topic a while ago lol. People never want to seem to help with the online tunes, I listed my tune for Daytona earlier in this thread as did you, and a few others but generally most people stay mute. I have an INDY setup on SOFT TIRES that gets me low 44's for 20 laps and 25 laps total on the tires, what I was looking for was a way I could stay in the 44-45 range and get 18-20 laps on INDY with HARD TIRES.

Edit: Thanks just saw the link, and it looks like that is an Indy tune, It says soft tires, but I can try plugging it in with Hard Tires and see how it works.
Yeah good luck

LOL...nice post but I didn't kick him, he lagged out, he's a lagger it is how he wins races, anyone who plays online see's what advantage laggers have. I've never seen him race clean ever since he's a lagger he is usually wrecking the entire field and not noticing he does it.
Yes you can run the same times with a engine at 892 or 840, it's all in the line you run nothing else.

I've also saw in this thread about 38 second lap times, I've witnessed a few users running 38's out of the draft non-stop, however none in my eyes are legit users and should be banned for running jailbroken PS3's. I'm assuming they're using a cheat, because racing with 2 of them I set a race to 50 laps, they both ran consistant 38's the entire race and had 0 tire wear, tires stayed blue the entire race,also they used no fuel.

You run you 848 hp car and I run my 892 and you will be left in the dust.Turn off your boost and the 848 HP car is done.You are trying to say that people who run 892 HP cars and run almost the exact setup and line can't run a 38 sec lap.Come join one of my rooms and see for yourself.No jailbreak going on here.4 to 5 guy's that run and bump draft in corners can indeed do a 38 sec lap.Out of the draft yes they are cheating.

Hey KRAUTFED,
I ran your setup with my dfgt wheel in a jimme johnson car.
The results 41.598 solo online. I ran 32 laps solo online 41.8 to 42.0 with soft tyres low and high line.

Your on the money, the toe angle made the difference.

My best run before trying your settings was 41.678 and 30 laps.

My online id paulfield66, times can be verifted by other online friends.

The one difference is that i don't install the reinforcement on any of my nascar. I run faster than my online friends that have the same setting but they have installed the reinforcement.

Look me up. paulfield66 from Australia east coast

You run you 848 hp car and I run my 892 and you will be left in the dust.Turn off your boost and the 848 HP car is done.You are trying to say that people who run 892 HP cars and run almost the exact setup and line can't run a 38 sec lap.Come join one of my rooms and see for yourself.No jailbreak going on here.4 to 5 guy's that run and bump draft in corners can indeed do a 38 sec lap.Out of the draft yes they are cheating.

Out of the draft they run 38 second laps, actually thats giving them too much credit because a few manage 2 second laps and yes they are cheaters no doubt. As far as HP goeslike I said and I'll stand by it there is no difference between 892 or aything lower.Nascar IS ALL ABOUT DRAFTING and RUNNING A SMOOTH LINE. hp is just a number. I'm on every night come back up your greatness LOL

Out of the draft they run 38 second laps, actually thats giving them too much credit because a few manage 2 second laps and yes they are cheaters no doubt. As far as HP goeslike I said and I'll stand by it there is no difference between 892 or aything lower.Nascar IS ALL ABOUT DRAFTING and RUNNING A SMOOTH LINE. hp is just a number. I'm on every night come back up your greatness LOL

No one and I will repeat NO ONE can run a 38 second lap out of the draft using an 892 or in your case lower HP Nascar without cheating,lag,or a glitch at Daytona .If you are seeing 2 second laps it's a glitch lag issue.Thanks for the tip's about drafting and a smooth line, I think I might just try that. Horsepower is just a number?I think you have been going in circles to long.
0 is also a number and will be about how many more of my posts you will see regarding your comments about this.

ive raced daytona since the game came out ,i was one of the first drivers to break 42 seconds without draft ,and also one of the first to do 30 laps without pitting at that stage i was beating competition by laps not seconds and beleive me ,what you have wrote above is pure ignorance

no nascar can run a 38 second lap without draft its impossible because of the weight/acceleration issue ,when you see a 2 or 3 second lap its from when the start does not load properly and you are "black screened" for about 40 seconds ,when the game loads in ,it counts your first lap as 3 seconds so there is no cheating involved just a game malfunction

and if you think there is no difference between running a nascar on 892 or lower then i would like to purchase what ever your smoking ,true nascar is about running in a draft and a default nascar from the garage will keep up with other (player set up) cars ,but what happens when you actually have to pit stop?? no cars come out of the pits together ,sometimes close but never together ,if you come out second with a less HP 9/10 your left behind out of the draft and the chances are your race is over at that point

also i would like to point out being a non american when i jump servers to race my american friends ,my car slows down by a minimum of one tenth of a second ,depending on room connection and even that is enough to make me loose the draft when i`m trying to catch someone up

ive raced daytona since the game came out ,i was one of the first drivers to break 42 seconds without draft ,and also one of the first to do 30 laps without pitting at that stage i was beating competition by laps not seconds and beleive me ,what you have wrote above is pure ignorance

no nascar can run a 38 second lap without draft its impossible because of the weight/acceleration issue ,when you see a 2 or 3 second lap its from when the start does not load properly and you are "black screened" for about 40 seconds ,when the game loads in ,it counts your first lap as 3 seconds so there is no cheating involved just a game malfunction

and if you think there is no difference between running a nascar on 892 or lower then i would like to purchase what ever your smoking ,true nascar is about running in a draft and a default nascar from the garage will keep up with other (player set up) cars ,but what happens when you actually have to pit stop?? no cars come out of the pits together ,sometimes close but never together ,if you come out second with a less HP 9/10 your left behind out of the draft and the chances are your race is over at that point

also i would like to point out being a non american when i jump servers to race my american friends ,my car slows down by a minimum of one tenth of a second ,depending on room connection and even that is enough to make me loose the draft when i`m trying to catch someone up

Thanks for some common sense.Not trying to be an idiot,how do you figure you were the first to do break 42 sec and do 30 laps?

a bit off topic on this talk in the posts above but I tried the settings in the first post and wow, first I ran high 42sec w/o draft laps... now 41.6 w/o draft.
really a big difference.

thx for this setup.

Back