NASCAR Daytona set up

• Thread starter mike102888
  • 263 comments

Does anyone have a NASCAR Daytona setup?

• Total voters
Just ran that test, using Allmendinger 2011 with a 43.90s, consistent setup, to which I added downforce at regular intervals.
It is quite conclusive IMHO.

I had run days before the 8 slower cars (616 PP in GT6 1.00) with same setup:
44.12 Montoya 2010 & Hamlin 2010
44.13 Hamlin 2011
44.26 Stewart 2011
44.31 Montoya 2011
44.33 Busch 2013
44.36 Almirola 2013
44.37 Edwards 2013

By putting 230/430 downforce in the Allmendinger 2011, I ran 44.07 on a great lap, was more in the 44.15 range otherwise, close to Montoya 2010, Hamlin 2010 & 2011.

240/440 --> 44.25, close to Stewart 2011 !
250/450 --> 44.30
, close to Busch 2013 & Montoya 2011 !!

260/460 --> 44.36
, close to Almirola/Edwards 2013 !!!

I think there are groups of cars within a certain downforce range, the Fords pre-2013 being the ones with really 200/400. Vickers 2011/Hamlin/Jr/JJ 2013 could have 205/405, and so on... [despite the bar showing minimum 200/400 for all 32 NASCARs].

That "hidden" downforce theory could be further tested: if someone has GT6 disc version, he could delete the patches (not his savedata!), start the game, not connect online or apply patches, buy a 2010 Ford, change oil, add 60 downforce to front and rear, and see if PP raised to 616...
I will if no one is willing but given I have the download version, it will take me a while.
Hey Meek,
This is really good data you've discovered.
I have the disc version and can do that test you mention.
I'm not at home at the moment but will update when I get there.

Hey Meek,
This is really good data you've discovered.
I have the disc version and can do that test you mention.
I'm not at home at the moment but will update when I get there.
Sweet, mate! I made a slight edit to my post since you quoted it...
I'll add you on PSN if you don't mind. I have a mic.

To all, should we be making a "NASCAR misc." thread instead of derailing the poor OP's? we're talking about anything but Daytona setups here now... lol

Sweet, mate! I made a slight edit to my post since you quoted it...
I'll add you on PSN if you don't mind. I have a mic.

To all, should we be making a "NASCAR misc." thread instead of derailing the poor OP's? we're talking about anything but Daytona setups here now... lol
What was the edit you made? Also, I'm not online/live except for when I do an update. Internet is to unreliable here :banghead: 🤬 :mad:

I added a line near the end.

I'll start a conversation here if you prefer.

PS: is this why, so often, Aussies are lagging in GT6? I don't mind, it helps me set record speeds with lag bumps lol, 343 mph / 552 kph with... a NASCAR haha!

I added a line near the end.

I'll start a conversation here if you prefer.

PS: is this why, so often, Aussies are lagging in GT6? I don't mind, it helps me set record speeds with lag bumps lol, 343 mph / 552 kph with... a NASCAR haha!
Yeah send me a PM and we can free up this thread :)

does the cat have anything to do with 2,2046 (writing in code word, only the bright/deserving minds will have that figured out :D) ?

I may have worded that wrong... say turn 2 at Indy -I think it's 9°- with GT5's track creator, could you use that corner and make it bank more, say 20°?
It has no hack/hybrid conotation. Straight up 892 HP settings are affected by track temp and time of day. Check for yourself. 5 kg daytime up to 10 kg night. Fast tire/fuel real grip.

Ha, ha, good to see you still around killer keeping things civil and helping out the NASCAR community 👍 As for me, I've pretty much had my fill of NASCAR in GT5, although I still dabble every now and then.....you know, just in case the need arises. :sly:
Good to see you got a like for your TT setup.:P:tup: I have been doing some setups in lobbies giving out setups to random people, with very positive results.:gtpflag:

True soupcan, but there is a little trick with ballast that seems to work online,because of tire wear related to fuel consumption and loss of rear weight.
I might let the cat out of the bag later. You might want to try it.

Thanks killer but, I was already up to speed on it. Some cool little tricks out there in online land.

Just ran that test, using Allmendinger 2011 with a 43.90s, consistent setup, to which I added downforce at regular intervals.

44.13 Hamlin 2011
44.26 Stewart 2011
44.31 Montoya 2011
44.33 Busch 2013
44.36 Almirola 2013
44.37 Edwards 2013

By putting 230/430 downforce in the Allmendinger 2011, I ran 44.07 on a great lap, was more in the 44.15 range otherwise, close to Montoya 2010, Hamlin 2010 & 2011.

250/450 --> 44.30

260/460 --> 44.36

I think there are groups of cars within a certain downforce range, the Fords pre-2013 being the ones with really 200/400. Vickers 2011/Hamlin/Jr/JJ 2013 could have 205/405, and so on... [despite the bar showing minimum 200/400 for all 32 NASCARs].

That "hidden" downforce / downforce originally counted for PP calculation theory could be further tested: if someone has GT6 disc version, he could delete the patches (not his savedata!), start the game, not connect online or apply patches, buy a 2010 Ford, change oil, add 60 downforce to front and rear, and see if PP raised to 616... (and at what point it rose).
I will if no one is willing but given I have the download version, it will take me a while.

Or run the same type of test I did above, Whoosier if you're reading this, are your time differentials consistent with mine? (order of cars, gap)

Meek that 60 extra downforce should make a lot more than 1pp but, it would be interesting to know. I have the download also or I would try it myself.

Meek that 60 extra downforce should make a lot more than 1pp but, it would be interesting to know. I have the download also or I would try it myself.
depends, maybe original GT6 PP formula counted downforce less than GT5, then PD removed it altogether from PP calculation?
Just speculation at this point, maybe it was never used.

Just realized that despite me writing down top speed reached, I forgot to check if they match...

It has no hack/hybrid conotation. Straight up 892 HP settings are affected by track temp and time of day. Check for yourself. 5 kg daytime up to 10 kg night. Fast tire/fuel real grip.
lol mine neither, 2.2046 was a reference to the number of pounds needed to make 1kg, I saw a setup with 1kg ballast at -50%, wondered why so few and what use it could have, thought it was the same trick you were using... thanks for the tip, full right (+50%) the ballast?

Last edited:

44.13 Hamlin 2011
44.26 Stewart 2011
44.31 Montoya 2011
44.33 Busch 2013
44.36 Almirola 2013
44.37 Edwards 2013

250/450 --> 44.30

260/460 --> 44.36

That "hidden" downforce theory could be further tested: if someone has GT6 disc version, he could delete the patches (not his savedata!), start the game, not connect online or apply patches, buy a 2010 Ford, add 60 downforce to front and rear, and see if PP raised to 616... (and at what point it rose).
And/or run the same type of test I did above, Whoosier if you're reading this, are your time differentials consistent with mine? (order of cars, gap)

If you added 60 or 6 aero to either front or rear aero on GT5 you would be 635pp meaning your 2 over you could only add 1 or 10 aero before the 632pp cars became 633pp ,aslo GT6 performance points isnt aero related so by going back to the original disc no patch and adding 60 aero would still give you 610pp

But there is still a test you can run :each car can only carry a certain load on the suspension before they bottom out ,so by adding full downforce and reducing ride height it could be determined that if one had more aero it should bottom out at a higher ride height rather than those with the standard aero bottoming out at a lower ride height

If you added 60 or 6 aero to either front or rear aero on GT5 you would be 635pp meaning your 2 over you could only add 1 or 10 aero before the 632pp cars became 633pp ,aslo GT6 performance points isnt aero related so by going back to the original disc no patch and adding 60 aero would still give you 610pp

But there is still a test you can run :each car can only carry a certain load on the suspension before they bottom out ,so by adding full downforce and reducing ride height it could be determined that if one had more aero it should bottom out at a higher ride height rather than those with the standard aero bottoming out at a lower ride height
I'm not sure I understood that post... seems there's some relevant info in there.

Anyhow, Pete05 helped confirm downforce never counted in GT6.

hi . looking for advice about the tyres wear . i have toe and camber at 0,0 0,0 and 0,00 0,00 . i am at 43,81 but i would to make one or two more laps . thanks .

hi . looking for advice about the tyres wear . i have toe and camber at 0,0 0,0 and 0,00 0,00 . i am at 43,81 but i would to make one or two more laps . thanks .

add negative toe to front and rear negative 20 negative 20 adjust to suit

I use the test drive mode mostly, daytime settings. That picture is from earlier on before they update the game. The update changed the tire temperature characteristics. I can do 43.50's on the second lap so no need to get the tires warmed up anymore.

Best lap now is 43.489 on lap 4 and did the identical time on lap 5. I have a video of it posted in the video section. Just hitting 210mph on backstretch and 206 at the finish line, 199/200 on exit.

Settings are no tire wear and real grip, daytime in both test drive and practice time trial. Both modes show the same speed, I did a .491 in test mode and switch to the TT mode and did the .489 so I had a record of when I did it.

I knew it wouldn't take you long to get tuning on a nascar:D.

How long does it take to break in nascar's on GT6? I did 200 miles and changed oil and still at 849 hp.

How long does it take to break in nascar's on GT6? I did 200 miles and changed oil and still at 849 hp.

It doesnt you just change oil and it goes to 892BHP ,you might have ran 200 miles and its gone back down too 849

I use the test drive mode mostly, daytime settings. That picture is from earlier on before they update the game. The update changed the tire temperature characteristics. I can do 43.50's on the second lap so no need to get the tires warmed up anymore.

Best lap now is 43.489 on lap 4 and did the identical time on lap 5. I have a video of it posted in the video section. Just hitting 210mph on backstretch and 206 at the finish line, 199/200 on exit.

Settings are no tire wear and real grip, daytime in both test drive and practice time trial. Both modes show the same speed, I did a .491 in test mode and switch to the TT mode and did the .489 so I had a record of when I did it.

I knew it wouldn't take you long to get tuning on a nascar:D.

Can you share me your entire setup? I have the same car, thanks

I haven't been on in almost a month, and this borders on creepy!

I'm good, just had a family matter to attend to and as Doodle posted I have to take care of my shoulder.

Yes, both 2010 Fords are the fastest solo so far, I did the updates yesterday and made a few laps last night to see if anything had changed.
Ran a .487 with the 2010 99 and a .49something with the 43, so it would seem nothing has.
I have run 43.5's with at least 5 other 2010's/11's and 43.7's with the 2013 #48, not as fast as the Fords but close enough.
I try to stick to this idea for qualifying "Quiet tires make for fast laps".

This is correct :)
would you have the set ups both AJ cars or anyone?

a) Threatening to post continuously until someone races you online is in contravention of that AUP rule I posted above.
b) Your posts are still ignoring this part of the AUP:

I am indifferent in terms of who is helping whom, I would only ask you follow the AUP/ Terms of Service.
Do you have any setups for D I S, Motegi, Indy thanks id is phmedalz23

Paul there are not many people posting or sharing NASCAR setups. Search some of the forums for your answers or PM one of them.

Paul there are not many people posting or sharing NASCAR setups. Search some of the forums for your answers or PM one of them.

I had a very frustrated tuning night using the 2013 Carl Edwards #99. The car is stock form was really good. Other than transmission, nothing... and I mean nothing... improved my lap times. If I was able to easily drive flat out and put the car anywhere I wanted with stock settings, then what else do I need to do? Did I pick the wrong car?

I had a very frustrated tuning night using the 2013 Carl Edwards #99. The car is stock form was really good. Other than transmission, nothing... and I mean nothing... improved my lap times. If I was able to easily drive flat out and put the car anywhere I wanted with stock settings, then what else do I need to do? Did I pick the wrong car?
Probably but it can run. Do you want the setup?

I also have trouble with that car I don't think it's very good unless your setup is right, I got some suspensions for it but i'm using a controller. I can get 41sec. in a strong boost.

Thanks killer but, I was already up to speed on it. Some cool little tricks out there in online land.

I have carl e. 13, but no setup for Daytona.

OK NASCAR folks, if you want a tune I will be online in a half hour.
Room will be called playa's playground.
Hosted by me AKA abetterplaya

Back