NASCAR setup Daytona.

killerjimbag

(Banned)
Canada
The Great White North
abetterplaya
People have been asking me for it so here it is.
This works on any NASCAR

NASCAR Daytona.
Break in car,change oil,should be 892 HP
Buy all parts, racing soft tires(reinforcement if you want)

Suspension
Ride Height F 95 R 95
Spring rate F 20 R 21
Dampers Comp F 8 R 5
Dampers Ext F 8 R 5
Camber F 0.0 R 0.0
Toe F -0.25 R -0.25
Arb. F 4 R 4

Transmission

Top speed 249 MPH
Final gear 3000
If you redline in draft move final gear to 2995
Adjust gears to numbers below

1st 2350
2nd 1603
3rd 1294
4th 1003

LSD

Aero

F 200 R 400

Brake balance F 5 R 3

ABS 1 everything else off

Have fun.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing KJB. I'll give this a try later.

What about ARB? Do you leave them at 3, 3 which is stock I think or do you stiffen them up?

I used 1.5 neg. camber front and 3.0 negative camber rear at Daytona in GT5. This came from someone I knew that worked on the #2 car. It worked great in 5 don't know how it will translate to 6. So far most of my tunes for 5 don't work for 6 so it may be no good. I just saw that the tune posted had no negative camber at all. Forgive me for chiming in if it doesn't help. I haven't got to the NASCAR races yet.

I used 1.5 neg. camber front and 3.0 negative camber rear at Daytona in GT5. This came from someone I knew that worked on the #2 car. It worked great in 5 don't know how it will translate to 6. So far most of my tunes for 5 don't work for 6 so it may be no good. I just saw that the tune posted had no negative camber at all. Forgive me for chiming in if it doesn't help. I haven't got to the NASCAR races yet.
Thanks 510 oh this setup runs real good the way it is

NASCAR Daytona.

Suspension
Ride Height F 95 R 95
Spring rate F 20 R 21
Dampers Comp F 8 R 5
Dampers Ext F 8 R 5
Camber F 0.0 R 0.0
Toe F -0.25 R -0.25
Arb. F 4 R 4

Transmission

Top speed 249 MPH
Final gear 3000

1st 2350
2nd 1603
3rd 1294
4th 1003

LSD

Aero

F 200 R 400

Brake balance F 5 R 3

Have fun.
How fast can you go into the corner with this setup? On my setup, I can go 210mph (in the draft) but if it is higher than that I end up going into the wall so I usually have to brake of let off the accelerator down to 210.

How fast can you go into the corner with this setup? On my setup, I can go 210mph (in the draft) but if it is higher than that I end up going into the wall so I usually have to brake of let off the accelerator down to 210.
I haven't tried his setup yet but it is very close to what I'm running except for the front toe. It should be able to go into the turn faster than 210. If you have to diamond the turn if you start to push. You won't need to let off the throttle completely. Until we figure out the new handling you may need to let off going into 1 or 3 like we sometimes did at indy. The new aero physics also affects how your car goes into a turn.

Has anyone noticed if their car gets quicker as you put more miles on them ? I have 2 cars, both Camry's and the car with virtually no miles is not getting to the same speed on the straight sections as the car with 300 or so miles, both have identical tunes and transmissions. There's a 2 or 3 mph difference on the straight sections and and a half second difference in lap times. 44.1xx vs 44.6xx. in solo free run mode. I'll have to run the slower one a few miles and see if it improves.

Thought maybe there is a breaking in period that doesn't reflect in the hp/torque specs.

In GT5 I noticed that some cars were just slower than others. The best I've done in GT6 so far is a 43.9*. I don't setup for tire wear though.

Also, you'll eventually lose hp when running in test run mode. I noticed it didn't reflect that on the tuning page but I saw it when I went to the garage - settings. Just thought I would mention it in case you've been testing some offline.

Has anyone noticed if their car gets quicker as you put more miles on them ? I have 2 cars, both Camry's and the car with virtually no miles is not getting to the same speed on the straight sections as the car with 300 or so miles, both have identical tunes and transmissions. There's a 2 or 3 mph difference on the straight sections and and a half second difference in lap times. 44.1xx vs 44.6xx. in solo free run mode. I'll have to run the slower one a few miles and see if it improves.

Thought maybe there is a breaking in period that doesn't reflect in the hp/torque specs.

Mikeybc, yes there is a bedding in period, but I find this only happens if you don't change the Oil in a new car.

Tune runs good had no problems keeping up, very stable in draft. Thanks for sharing. Do you

Last edited:
DUDE!!! You are freaking kidding me!? I tried this race like twenty times and the best I got was 4th. So I do this setup of yours and I win on the first try without braking a sweat! THANK YOU! I have a new respect for tuning :bowdown::D

do u have the indy set up yet ?

Oh, this setup works for Indy too. I just won by +07.516 seconds 👍

Thanks again, OP. I just won all the events with your setup. I only had to lower the LSD settings for the road courses to let some inner wheel spin happen and avoid spinning out.

EDIT: Sorry. Double post.

Oh, this setup works for Indy too. I just won by +07.516 seconds 👍

Thanks again, OP. I just won all the events with your setup. I only had to lower the LSD settings for the road courses to let some inner wheel spin happen and avoid spinning out.
This set-up works completely for Nascar-Cup. Just fiddle around with top speed and keep 1st and 2nd gear short.

top speeds for me:
Daytona/Indy: 400km/h
Motegi: 350km/h
Willow/High Speed: 300km/h

This set-up works completely for Nascar-Cup. Just fiddle around with top speed and keep 1st and 2nd gear short.

top speeds for me:
Daytona/Indy: 400km/h
Motegi: 350km/h
Willow/High Speed: 300km/h

I think I barely reached 300Km/h in the ovals with draft. Only like 288Km/h without it. Didn't even go into 4th gear. I was like "what the heck, why am I going so slow?" But the A.I was behind all the time, so I guess that mattered :lol:

I already got all the stars for the NASCAR events and got rid of the car, so I don't have to worry anymore. I would recommend this setup for anyone having problems with the NASCAR Events. Easy win.

Thanks for the comments.Just got off of work. I somehow have lost my sheets for Indy.I will be doing some testing tonight. If you find the car to slow adjust final gear to the right

Great setup, thanks!
Won at Daytona with a difference of 0,011 seconds.
:lol:
Only NASCAR I can't seem to win.
Will also try this tune.

Did you get the trophy too for the time difference?

Cheers

Only NASCAR I can't seem to win.
Will also try this tune.

Did you get the trophy too for the time difference?

Cheers

Yes, use this setup and you will win for sure.
Trophy time difference?
Explain please ... as far as I know I didn't get any trophy.
Anyway, just finished the Nascar Cup ... all easy for me except Willow Springs but at the end won.
Good luck!

I think you get this Trophy if you win under 0,010

By the way, great tune. I won easy all NASCAR races.

Thanks!

M
This works on any NASCAR

NASCAR Daytona.

Suspension
Ride Height F 95 R 95
Spring rate F 20 R 21
Dampers Comp F 8 R 5
Dampers Ext F 8 R 5
Camber F 0.0 R 0.0
Toe F -0.25 R -0.25
Arb. F 4 R 4

Transmission

Top speed 249 MPH
Final gear 3000

1st 2350
2nd 1603
3rd 1294
4th 1003

LSD

Aero

F 200 R 400

Brake balance F 5 R 3

Is that only for the the 2010 and 2011 cars because I couldn't do it for my 2013 dale jr

Back