NASCAR setup Daytona.

People have been asking me for it so here it is.
This works on any NASCAR

Have fun.

Hey Killer and other racers. I used Killer's NASCAR setup and won all the the of the International A NASCAR races except the High Speed Ring and Willow Springs (though I think I can win this one with some more practice).

These are the only two races in GT6 that I haven't finished yet so if anyone could help me with adjusting the tune(s) I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance:cheers:!

Incredible, just incredible. 17 second lead at Indy, I started nodding off. Wish I saw this before winning the nightmare that was Daytona.

Are all you guys referring to Killerjimbag's tune for the NASCAR races? I really hope so...I can't even make it to turn one on the Daytona course before being passed. I look forward to trying this tune....'cuz my tune sux eggs
Oh yeah, one other thing....are you guys doing that 70% power limit adjustment? And if so, how much hp do you have in the car?

70% is 624hp, 100% is 892hp

hmm...pretty sure my Nastycar isn't 624 hp...in fact, I believe it's only at 568, roughly, at 70%. I haven't checked the 100% setting yet. I hate Nascar, which is why I haven't paid much attention to the settings but now I need to do those races so I get those damn stars and move on. Thanks for the 411.

hmm...pretty sure my Nastycar isn't 624 hp...in fact, I believe it's only at 568, roughly, at 70%. I haven't checked the 100% setting yet. I hate Nascar, which is why I haven't paid much attention to the settings but now I need to do those races so I get those damn stars and move on. Thanks for the 411.

Change the oil and you will be at 624hp w/70%. Remember only the ovals are 70%, 100% can be used at the road races.

Wow, thanks KJB! That was an awesome tune. I tried it out and beat all 3 "oval" tracks with ease on the first time. I can't seem to finish better than 2nd at Willow Spring and can barely finish 1 lap at The High Speed Ring. I keep getting tapped from behind and I spin out or, on the last turn before hitting the main straight, I spin out due to the rear of the car getting away from me. I'm going to have to figure that one out.
But thanks again KJB, great tune!

Put some aero on the rear for the road course's and adjust LSD,turn your final gear more right for road course's,I actually just got to doing the event as I haven't had time.Work,work,work.

Put some aero on the rear for the road course's and adjust LSD,turn your final gear more right for road course's,I actually just got to doing the event as I haven't had time.Work,work,work.

Thanks for the info. I think I left the aero's at the 200/400 setting for the oval courses. I'll have to double check that. As far as the LSD...I played around with it a bit but still had issues with the rear of the car coming out from underneath me. I adjusted the final gear some but probably not enough. The main issue is no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to catch up to the first place car. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. Again, I can't thank you enough for that tune dude, great stuff. Not sure how you figured that tune out man, but damn it was good.

Many,many years of racing online,bit from Nascar 2003 which is now IRacing,bit from GT5 and some pure luck.:dunce: As you decrease the HP you want to move final gear right.

Not yet, don't really have the time,hate typing for one thing and my laptops are always being used by my wife and kids.I used to be called the 10 minute tuner in GT5,just a knack I guess.
If you want a specific tune your best bet's would be one of these two fine gentlemen,they are pretty good at what they do and will help you out.If they don't have it send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praiano-gt6-tunes-mclaren-mp4-12c-10.291084/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/

Not yet, don't really have the time,hate typing for one thing and my laptops are always being used by my wife and kids.I used to be called the 10 minute tuner in GT5,just a knack I guess.
If you want a specific tune your best bet's would be one of these two fine gentlemen,they are pretty good at what they do and will help you out.If they don't have it send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praiano-gt6-tunes-mclaren-mp4-12c-10.291084/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/

Thanks man, I really appreciate the info. I'll def go and check them out. It's been really frustrating finding tunes for the cars I have. Most of the tunes I'm finding are for high powered cars that I don't have. I've only got about 5 high powered rides right now.

Ok...need some additional help here. I used KJB's tunes for the oval tracks in the series and had no problems. However, I can't, for the life of me, finish, let alone win, Willow Spring or the High Speed Ring. On Willow, I keep losing the rear of the car in corners. I'm not tromping on the gas or anything like that, but if I slow down to go around corners I lose enough ground that I can't catch up to first place. And as far as the High Speed Ring...I keep getting spun out by the AI...all the time. I can't seem to even finish the first lap without getting tagged from behind. I really need some help on the last 2 races. After trying both of these races over a dozen times each, and coming up short all the time, I'm really starting to lose my patience with this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ok...need some additional help here. I used KJB's tunes for the oval tracks in the series and had no problems. However, I can't, for the life of me, finish, let alone win, Willow Spring or the High Speed Ring. On Willow, I keep losing the rear of the car in corners. I'm not tromping on the gas or anything like that, but if I slow down to go around corners I lose enough ground that I can't catch up to first place. And as far as the High Speed Ring...I keep getting spun out by the AI...all the time. I can't seem to even finish the first lap without getting tagged from behind. I really need some help on the last 2 races. After trying both of these races over a dozen times each, and coming up short all the time, I'm really starting to lose my patience with this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Try these tunes in here...I would only add for the road course, is to short shift the ups...so...break before your turn....shift up so that you RPM's are not too high then feather the fuel around the turn....especially that elevated S if it still starts to slip out on you, let go of the fuel....the LSD set ups are VERY important as well, and turn off your TC, ABS to 1, two tops

OH, I haven't looked at these tunes too much, I would also add you may need to soften up the rear springs for the road course

This works on any NASCAR

NASCAR Daytona.
Break in car,change oil,should be 892 HP
Buy all parts, racing soft tires(reinforcement if you want)

Suspension
Ride Height F 95 R 95
Spring rate F 20 R 21
Dampers Comp F 8 R 5
Dampers Ext F 8 R 5
Camber F 0.0 R 0.0
Toe F -0.25 R -0.25
Arb. F 4 R 4

Transmission

Top speed 249 MPH
Final gear 3000
If you redline in draft move final gear to 2995
Adjust gears to numbers below

1st 2350
2nd 1603
3rd 1294
4th 1003

LSD

Aero

F 200 R 400

Brake balance F 5 R 3

ABS 1 everything else off

Have fun.

Great tune ! Helped me win Willow Springs ! Thanks !

This works on any NASCAR

NASCAR Daytona.
Break in car,change oil,should be 892 HP
Buy all parts, racing soft tires(reinforcement if you want)

Suspension
Ride Height F 95 R 95
Spring rate F 20 R 21
Dampers Comp F 8 R 5
Dampers Ext F 8 R 5
Camber F 0.0 R 0.0
Toe F -0.25 R -0.25
Arb. F 4 R 4

Transmission

Top speed 249 MPH
Final gear 3000
If you redline in draft move final gear to 2995
Adjust gears to numbers below

1st 2350
2nd 1603
3rd 1294
4th 1003

LSD

Aero

F 200 R 400

Brake balance F 5 R 3

ABS 1 everything else off

Try adjusting your toe angle to F0.00 R0.00 and your ride height to F95 R90

Have fun.

I tried many times with this tune and I'm maxing out at 168 KPH. The cars fly by me and even drafting them doesn't increase my speed.Am I missing something?
I'm online now add me as a friend PSN abetterplaya and I will help you out.

Back