NASCAR the Game, 2011

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 551 comments
Have to say I'm cautiously optimistic about it. First they hired the guy behind the horror games that are the NASCAR games of recent past. Secondly it's Eutechnyx who are an English developer making a game about a U.S. series, I'm just hoping they don't make a mockery of the series. They also have a track record of games that aren't exactly polished. On the other hand FC and SCC are solid games despite the bugs and general lack of polish, so hopefully they will do a good job.

Kind of sad to see brands like NASCAR and WRC only being able to get full games by basically budget developers with spotty records. Still hoping for a Sony developed NASCAR game.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm cautiously optimistic about it. First they hired the guy behind the horror games that are the NASCAR games of recent past. Secondly it's Eutechnyx who are an English developer making a game about a U.S. series, I'm just hoping they don't make a mockery of the series. They also have a track record of games that aren't exactly polished. On the other hand FC and SCC are solid games despite the bugs and general lack of polish, so hopefully they will do a good job.

Kind of sad to see brands like NASCAR and WRC only being able to get full games by basically budget developers with spotty records. Still hoping for a Sony developed NASCAR game.

One note that isn't included in the article, and I had to address this a while back, but the guy they hired was only at EA from 2001-2003 or so, so he wasn't in charge when the series went bad.

Edit, They've added more info apparently:
http://www.virtualr.net/nascar-the-game-2011-feature-list-revealed/

From,
Chris.

I don't care about NASCAR. I want an indycar game.

Unless there is another game like Toca 3, there probably won't be one since the IRL isn't really popular right now.

One note that isn't included in the article, and I had to address this a while back, but the guy they hired was only at EA from 2001-2003 or so, so he wasn't in charge when the series went bad.

Edit, They've added more info apparently:
http://www.virtualr.net/nascar-the-game-2011-feature-list-revealed/

From,
Chris.

Thanks for the info, the article in the OP made it sound like he was there during the last few years.

Good to hear there will be actual manufacturers as well(looking at you EA).

LOL I like in the features list it says:

43 car grid

Yeah, like no **** sherlock.

It is nothing like FC, SCC .
Belive me when i say this will put the company on the world map .

g

Last edited:
I'm very interested in this. Don't get me wrong, I'm planning to get GT5 and NASCAR will be in there. But, if this one is real, then that means there should be some more cars not in GT5, and other tracks. And I'm hoping they have Night Races like NASCAR has. And, I wonder if they will also have the Nationwide Series with the Sprint Cup, or if NASCAR 2011 will have only Sprint Cup cars. We'll have to wait and see. [And I wonder if Kentucky might be DLC cause Sprint Cup's going to race on it in 2011.]

I'm definitely hoping for a scheme editor or, even better, a system like EA did with NASCAR 09 with templates, especially since that's what I devoted a ton of time (and built a website based on) to making schemes.

From,
Chris.

Sweet.

I still remember my first NASCAR game, NASCAR Thunder 2003 for the PS2, which actually what made me a fan of the real series.

On Twitter, I asked Dave of Eutechnyx this:"If the apparent NASCAR game is real, will we see a new trailer in the next few weeks?"

He responded:"yes you will."

So, we should be getting some light shed on this[if it's fully true] in the upcoming days, weeks, and months.

I read on the forum we'll be getting some major news by the end of the month.

I seriously can't wait to try this game! I used to pop in Thunder 2003 until I lost it. :(

After watching the Dover Nationwide race I really can't wait to drive that track with a wheel. I'm getting overly excited for this game...

Dave linked to this on Twitter: http://www.nascarthegame.com/

And he's been saying that an announcement is going to be made sometime this week, hopefully about this.

And I asked him about Night Racing, he said: 'It will be authentic to the sport it represents.'

EDIT:http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vid...ideo-game-return-eutechnyx?readmore=fullstory

Also confirmed is Kentucky[either in the game from Day One or Downloadable], Custom paint kit, 2010 paint schemes, and 2011 schemes will be downloadable. Also this:

Jon Robinson: A lot of people play the NASCAR games, not to race, but to crash spectacularly. How will the crashes look in the game?

Ed Martin: No one has ever done damage the way that we've done damage. I assure you that when you see this game, we've set a whole new standard for the way damage has been done. It's not pre-calculated damage, it's not just crumpling that we paste onto the car. Everything about our damage is calculated in our physics model and everything is unique. You can actually tear the sheet metal and have it hang on and have tears in the side of your car. If something falls off, you can run over it and cause damage to other cars. The damage model is absolutely fantastic. Everybody loves the big crashes in the game. I want to see the smoke and the cars flying. The only restriction we had from NASCAR is no part can fly off into the fan area. Nothing can go beyond the safety fence. But unlike any game I've worked on before, all of these fences are now geometric 3D fences, so if you get your car up into the catch fence, the fence will move, ripple, and get damaged. When you see a replay and you see a tire go up into the catch fence or you see an entire car go up into the catch fence, it's interacting with the physics of the game. It looks real.

And a first image for Edwards' #99 in the game:

vg_nascar_1_576.jpg

Last edited:
NICE!!! If you look closely at the contingency decals on Gordons car in the pits, you can see the Coors Light Pole Award Decal...maybe we wont have to deal with alcohol sponsorships being censored in this game?

Hopefully we will, I hated seeing "Kasey" on the hood of the 9 in NASCAR 10.

It's nice to hear there will be unlockables as well.👍

You mean, NASCAR 09...lol...there was no NASCAR 10...but I know what you are talking about...it surely gave the game a generic feel, even more than the last two installments had...

There site looks really good. There is a section where people are making covers for the game. Who knows they may take a fans design and use it

Last edited:
No Nationwide or CWTS in this game?

Nope, from the way it sounds they are putting all their focus on getting the Cup series right, which isn't a bad thing. Plus that would mean having to model additional tracks on top of the good amount they have to do for the Cup series.

Hopefully the "2012" version has them though.

Although, Ed Martin did say Female drivers would be included, one of whom being Danica Patrick, so either they're making a Danica COT or there's a few nationwide cars in the game.

From,
Chris.

Back