NASCAR the Game, 2011

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 551 comments
Just raced online. My opponents...

- 2 guys driving as Dale Jr.
- A guy with a Regan Smith custom car.
- A *ugh* guy who had unmentionable words on his car.
- And a dude in the generic 53 car.

We raced at Kansas. First lap - the swear-word car guy wrecked the Regan Smith guy. Not even turn 1 and he pulls of this BS. He (swear-word guy) then proceeded to drive backwards and wreck everybody. This guy almost cost me a decent finish. The Regan Smith guy then proceeds to drive backwards and wreck the swear-word guy.

It was crazy. The 53 car finished 1st. The Dale Jr guys finished in 2nd and 3rd. I finished 4th. And the others DNF.

This is the exact reason I haven't touched the online yet. Sucks to hear crap like that is still happening, and as such I still won't touch the online.

Parker

You all might as well trade the game back in. On their forums, they keep making excuses as to why the patch keeps getting rejected my xbox live. This "bubble effect" in the corners where you keep wrecking each other is the main issue. They have even hired outside developers to come and correct the issue, but to no avail.

My prayer is NASCAR pulls their heads out, and rips up their 5 year agreement with Eutechnyx, and looks elsewhere. They have approached iRacing to come aboard with the consoles, but they said no, smart move iRacing. For as bad as everyone put NASCAR09, it is only a few steps down from iRacing.

If EA would go back to 09, which I know they won't. This is all they have to do to make it a SIM. laser track telemetry, add spotter, make it possible to have a full filed, and leave us in control at all times. Minus some of the graphics, that would make it a console version of iRacing. NTG11 has way too far to go to even begin this comparison.

British developer making NASCAR game = F A I L U R E !!!

Eutechnyx, go to jail, directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 pounds or dollars or euros.

It's their first go, give them a break. People these days really need to get some patience, they 🤬 if the game gets delayed and 🤬 when a game has some bugs because the developer didn't want to delay it. No wonder developers don't bother putting out whole games anymore.

NASCAR also doesn't have an exclusive agreement with anyone, there are currently 3 console games and 1 PC game that feature NASCAR.

Console:
Gran Turismo 5
Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition
NASCAR The Game 2011

PC:
iRacing

I bought the game the first weekend the psn was out and played it to level 20 -21 I think. I really need to try out the online on this game. I bet it's fun with some friends.

It's their first go, give them a break. People these days really need to get some patience, they 🤬 if the game gets delayed and 🤬 when a game has some bugs because the developer didn't want to delay it. No wonder developers don't bother putting out whole games anymore.

NASCAR also doesn't have an exclusive agreement with anyone, there are currently 3 console games and 1 PC game that feature NASCAR.

Console:
Gran Turismo 5
Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition
NASCAR The Game 2011

PC:
iRacing

Well said Justin. 👍

This game will get better with future updates. Patch #2 is coming along and also DLC is not that far away aswell.

Last edited:
It's their first go, give them a break.

To some extent, I have to agree with you here.
However under the circumstances the vid-game industry and Eutechnyx set , there is a small tolerance of legitimate slack allowable.
Some things in this game are totally unacceptable.
For the most part, the fact that their Brits is irrelevant.

People these days really need to get some patience, they 🤬 if the game gets delayed and 🤬 when a game has some bugs because the developer didn't want to delay it. No wonder developers don't bother putting out whole games anymore.

Lets look at some of those circumstances, shall we?

The price hike of a next gen game went from $30 to $60.
(I only wish I could do that)
Wake up and smell the coffee,
Thats a 100% increase!
And was supposedly justifiable to cover the dev costs to make a complete game without all the problems that many next gen games are rife with.

Patience my 🤬! Somebody is full of 🤬

Who set the the release date for the game?
So whose responsible for meeting the deadline?

If you can't backup the date you give,
then keep your 🤬 pie hole shut.
BTW, thats something usually learned the hard way, roughly half way thru elementary school.
If you are that incompetent then add 3 to 6 months.

While this is their first NASCAR game, it is not EUTECHNYX first video game.
They should have had more professional knowledge of what was involved and how long it takes.

So who set themselves up for what here?
IMO, they got the gold mine, we the gamers, got the shaft.
As said, under the circumstances there is precious little slack quarter that can be justifiably given here.

I do think there are fewer core issues with NTG 2011 and EUTECHNYX is entitled to more slack than PD.

After all it didn't take em 5 plus years to make a seriously flawed sequel.

Anyone still willing to give them a chance? Honestly? Really? If you care about your online nascar racing, then this game might as well just fall off the face of this known earth. Yes, I am going to be that harsh over a dumb video game.

Offline is actually not too bad, I will say that. Online, you might as well give up. back to 09 or iRacing. Btw, the new nationwide car on iRacing = AMAZING!!!!!!! Tire Model is Ridiculous!

To some extent, I have to agree with you here.
However under the circumstances the vid-game industry and Eutechnyx set , there is a small tolerance of legitimate slack allowable.
Some things in this game are totally unacceptable.
For the most part, the fact that their Brits is irrelevant.

Lets look at some of those circumstances, shall we?

The price hike of a next gen game went from $30 to $60.
(I only wish I could do that)
Wake up and smell the coffee,
Thats a 100% increase!
And was supposedly justifiable to cover the dev costs to make a complete game without all the problems that many next gen games are rife with.

Patience my 🤬! Somebody is full of 🤬

Who set the the release date for the game?
So whose responsible for meeting the deadline?

If you can't backup the date you give,
then keep your 🤬 pie hole shut.
BTW, thats something usually learned the hard way, roughly half way thru elementary school.
If you are that incompetent then add 3 to 6 months.

While this is their first NASCAR game, it is not EUTECHNYX first video game.
They should have had more professional knowledge of what was involved and how long it takes.

So who set themselves up for what here?
IMO, they got the gold mine, we the gamers, got the shaft.
As said, under the circumstances there is precious little slack quarter that can be justifiably given here.

I do think there are fewer core issues with NTG 2011 and EUTECHNYX is entitled to more slack than PD.

After all it didn't take em 5 plus years to make a seriously flawed sequel.

You want to know why they can sell games for 60 dollars? Because people will buy them. If you think it's too much, don't buy the games.

Raced my first online matches today: Homestead 2nd place out of 4, Michigan 1st place out of 2 because the guy crashed and decided to go backwards on the track, Texas 1st place out of 2 because the guy crashed and left the race. LOL

You want to know why they can sell games for 60 dollars? Because people will buy them. If you think it's too much, don't buy the games.

So you have no increased expectation of a product that doubles in price?

If so, you must be the only person in exsistance that wouldn't.

Believe you me, and I'm not alone, when I say I am much more selective about purchasing a game now, than before the increase.
There are several I won't buy at all or will wait to get used at a discount.
This game is definitely not worth $60, or the $44 I paid for it.

So is there a confirmed patch coming out for this game? Just wondering if the pitting issues are going to be fixed.

I traded this game in two weeks after release cause of the pitting issues. Computer would take car over and hit other cars, then go back to track, maybe do donuts in the grass, and cause me to restart many races.

I haven't been following the game since I don't own it, but would consider buying again if its going to be patched and is the right price. I found it enjoyable without pitting, but pitting is big of Nascar so I was getting really frustated with the bugs.

There's a HUGE patch coming actually, but I haven't heard anything since before the big PSN thing. I haven't played it since then as I'm waiting for that patch. I guess it's been submitted to Sony for testing, and seems to be taking forever...

There's a HUGE patch coming actually, but I haven't heard anything since before the big PSN thing. I haven't played it since then as I'm waiting for that patch. I guess it's been submitted to Sony for testing, and seems to be taking forever...

Thanks Turbo. I'll keep an eye out for it. Really want to give this game another chance. It was just too frustating for me when it first came out. So hopefully the next patch will clear alot of the bugs up. Especially the cautions and pitting woes.

Just went out yesterday and rebought the game. It wasn't so bad as the game store had some trade-in offers going. Had some old games I always thought I would go back and play, but never did. So I was able to get the game back for $15.

Played it a bit last night offline and I like it more than I did when it first came out. Don't know why? Maybe expecting too much from it on the initial release? I only played short sprint type races of about 10-15 laps so it didn't involve the pitstops or yellows. That might be why.

For a bit of news http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/15809-%28PS3-Patch-2-updated-7-13-11%29-week-7-11-11-%28XBOX-patch-amp-DLC-sent-to-MS-7-9-11%29👍 Hope we can all be playing a patched game sometime next week.

I also forgot how much I like the paint editor. I'll have to post a few pics of my #4 Speed channel car.

Well, the patch is out for Xbox users. Use link above to see the conversation on it. Sounds like a love/hate kinda of thing. Just waiting on the ps3 patch now..........

Last edited:
Good news:

Eutechnyx
"We're pleased to inform you that the Playstation 3 version of Patch 2 and the 2011 Season Update DLC has passed submission with Sony and will be released on Monday 1st August (exact time to be confirmed).

The Playstation 3 version of Patch 2 and the 2011 Season Update DLC is one single file on PS3 and is 500Mb in size, it will also be free of charge.

We thank you for your patience."

Let's hope it works for us ps3 players. I only really care about offline play. It's that pick up and just race kind of game for me. Breaks the habit of GT5 leagues and iracing that are pretty intense sometimes.

PS3 patch is officially out. Contains 455MB and supposedly its both the patch and DLC in 1 so its huge.

PS3 patch is officially out. Contains 455MB and supposedly its both the patch and DLC in 1 so its huge.

Sweet. Thoroughly enjoyed todays race at Indy so I'm in the mood for some Nascar action.

Guess I'll download while watching the F1 replay.

Let me just say, it is absolutely awesome to have custom cars with real Headlight decals 👍 Now I can make full finished (Somewhat) custom ones. I've improved the first 2 I made and have recently done two new ones. Photos and video will be up soon.

🤬

Guess I'll just have to make one.

Edit: I'll get that ticket out to you this week sometime. My main source of transportation broke down last night so we're having to borrow cars. :(

My first video from NASCAR 2011 is coming up in a few minutes. This one will be just showing the 2-Car draft in this patch. The others will show my improved and finished cars.

Edit:

First Video
[YOUTUBEHD]1JHbg37tcmY[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
Here's the 2nd, this one showing the cars I made:

[YOUTUBEHD]ewdJIoyLqNY[/YOUTUBEHD]

RACECAR, how is this game now that it has been patched?

Is the offline single player any good?

I had read that the game was killing steering wheels, any truth to that in your mind.

Might import this.

Cheers fella.

RACECAR, how is this game now that it has been patched?

Is the offline single player any good?

I had read that the game was killing steering wheels, any truth to that in your mind.

Might import this.

Cheers fella.

I can't really confirm the Steering wheel part so I would definately need to find someone with a wheel to confirm that

As far as the game goes with the patch so far, I say Offline is much better 👍 the 2-Car draft is now here and when the settings are on hard, the AI is very difficult to take on without drafting someone. Will be testing the AI out at Road Courses, Short tracks and Mile 1/2s to further evaluate. Only complaint is Damage doesn't seem to be all that much "better". Physics seem to have been tweaked though, the cars require far more finesse then before and its made beating my old pre-patch lap times difficult. Did I mention Custom cars are abit more fun to do now that the Make decals actually appear? :P Can't say the same for online though, still seems like it needs attention as it still gives me long loading times, freezing up and kicking me out repeatidly and when I actually do find a room, it either takes so long to load or during the race, its lag mania.

Latest Posts

Back