NASCAR the Game, 2011

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 551 comments
Same here. I tried to race in this game after the latest patch and did not like the way the wheel felt with it turned to the right like that. It's annoying and I'd rather not play it anymore. I'll probably just trade it in for F1 2011 in a few weeks.

I started a new 2011 career a few days ago using the DS3 and it's more fun that way for me. The game just feels numb with the wheel.

I thought so too. This game was just a filler for me when I wanted a break from GT5. Then when I got F1 2010 I played GT5 to get a break from that game lol. I'm still going to trade in NTG11 for F1 2011. I can't go back to using a ds3 for a racing game lol.

I realize the whole staggered thing, but it's really annoying. So much so that I really don't like playing with the wheel because of it. Anyone know how to fix it?
The car should be more balance (no stagger) on the road courses since you got to turn both left and right. Just use on of those set ups but of course without the car leaning toward the left on ovals will mean you will lose more speed in the corners.

I've also noticed that even on very hard difficulty the game is still quite easy. Think they need to bump that up quite a bit, and also fix the AI on Texas Motor Speedway because they like to slow way down on the front stretch, which is very annoying.

I've also noticed that even on very hard difficulty the game is still quite easy. Think they need to bump that up quite a bit, and also fix the AI on Texas Motor Speedway because they like to slow way down on the front stretch, which is very annoying.

Yeah. I think I won 9 races in the Chase on very hard. I think my average qualifying position was ~6-8, but unlike the AI I run my qualifying lap times during the race as well.

Another thing to mention is that I have damage turned off right now. I noticed a glitch that when a caution comes out in Career mode for an AI crash, after the replay is shown somehow my car ends up with front end damage even though I never touched anyone.

Tweets regarding stagger:

Q:
@davet_etx @Ice_etx How do we adjust "stagger" in #NTG? Want to dial it out.

A:
@DaveTheStalker @Ice_etx I believe you're referring to Steering Assist. You can change this in the Options menu when you Pause the game

Q:

A:
@DaveTheStalker @Ice_etx I believe you're referring to Steering Assist. You can change this in the Options menu when you Pause the game

It might be time to throw in the towel there Etuechnyx. Go to jail, directly to jail, do not pass, go, do not collect $200. Please codemasters save Nascar for us, please...............

No rear-view mirror, no practice, no qualifying, p2p rooms where kids just simply wreck everyone. Lag & surging out the rear end, not to mention the bubble glitch. This is Nascar, not Nascar for brits(sorry mates, but these guys were lost in space on this one, no offense to the UK, only eutechnyx's inability to think before acting) What is there good to say about it, my copy rests on a gamestop shelf somewhere.

Go iRacing!

They said they spoke and asked the die-hard nascar fan what they wanted out of this game before developing it. Who did they ask, might I ask? This is a pubescent childs arcade game at best. Nascar Unleashed will at least be playable and fun.......

It might be time to throw in the towel there Etuechnyx. Go to jail, directly to jail, do not pass, go, do not collect $200. Please codemasters save Nascar for us, please...............

No rear-view mirror, no practice, no qualifying, p2p rooms where kids just simply wreck everyone. Lag & surging out the rear end, not to mention the bubble glitch. This is Nascar, not Nascar for brits(sorry mates, but these guys were lost in space on this one, no offense to the UK, only eutechnyx's inability to think before acting) What is there good to say about it, my copy rests on a gamestop shelf somewhere.

Go iRacing!

They said they spoke and asked the die-hard nascar fan what they wanted out of this game before developing it. Who did they ask, might I ask? This is a pubescent childs arcade game at best. Nascar Unleashed will at least be playable and fun.......

Yeah I guess imput lag wont be a problem when turning only left all the time... and magnetic cars and walls can also make it more interesting

It's set up as more of an arcade game. Similar to Nascar Rumble. BUT, if we can at least race without glitched left and right online, it will be LIGHT-YEARS ahead of eutechnyx......

Stagger is steering assist, lmfao!

And to each is own with their preference in Racing. I find it a LOT more intriguing than just "turning left" The set-ups, and handling are very intricate and the cream rises to the crop. I do enjoy road racing just as much too! Wish there were 2-3 more road races each year in nascar, but the fans like to see the action.

I will admit, some Nascar fans are simple inept drunks, but not me and a lot of ones I personally know.

Q:

A:

I play with all assists off, still does it.

In any case, having tons more fun with the controller anyway. Unfortunately it's way too easy and I find myself winning almost every race. I also find it extremely annoying that the practice mode in career is separate from qualifying and the race. You also cannot adjust the game settings in practice mode, so damage and tire wear remain on while you test, then jumping into race mode where I have them turned off makes the car handle different. :crazy:

tribolik
Im not expert but I think is a setup they use that makes the wheel point slightly to the right so that the drivers dont get cramps from turning left all the time... :dopey:kidding

Think your not far off Trib.

Is it to do with differing levels of camber, inside to outside wheels?

Yea Getti,

It's considered the "yaw" in the car. helps with entering and your line in the turns. Nothing to do with steering assist LOL.

These chuts had NO clue what they were getting into. The ONLY reason why they are still working on fixing this title, or making a new one is because opening sales for this(when the developer makes their money) was half decent, like 300k units or so, is keeping them afloat. I am sure more than 150k have found there ways back to a store shelf(including mine).

Their forums are being trashed upon, and if you voice a bad opinion, they ban you or even IP ban you. So, they can continue to string the customer along enough to keep them somewhat at best interested. AKA, saying the surging and loose glitch were fixed IN HOUSE, but they can't say if they will release or update the game from here on. But hinted at it to only deny any 3rd "patch"

If any REPUTABLE business acted like this, doors would be closed. I hope Nascar wakes up and smells the literal **** that is coming from Eutechnyx, and goes with another dev for the next title. If they let Eut get another crack at this, they(Nascar) are going to continue to lose their young fan base, most important fan base(IMHO). For the future......

Not all can afford to get into iRacing, even though its not that much. Its just the comp and wheel that hold most back. Also, we want a good console Nascar game, but this is just a childs arcade game @ best.

Going for a whopping $29.97 on amazon for the 360 version. They can't even get rid of them. Nascar 09, which has been shutdown online still sells for 24.99. LOL. This is beyond a joke anymore........

Big Issue is, CEO of Nascar (Brian France) is a trustfund baby. Nascar was started by the France family back in the late 40's to early 50's. He also is going through a Nasty divorce that has his mind more on his pockets than the business.

He is the main cause to ALL of this. Also, your most popular driver (Dale Jr.) is doing nothing to help. And the 5time champ Jimmie Johnson is to vanilla for the sport. There are several factors that are leading Nascar in this downward spiral, and this game is just another one.

I would like to see that the other way, but with Eut in charge, good luck mate! Maybe you should drive over there and show them how to race! Being a part time racer myself, it irks me to see the sport in the condition it is in............

Personally, and I **** you not, put me in charge, in 5 years, sell-outs would be the norm again. Just watch, but, that'll never happen lol.

A little OT, nonetheless, what holds me back from iRacing is not so much monthly sub fees, but purchasing ALL of the content just to race a particular discipline. On top of that, iRacing favors Chevy. And I don't. They want me to pay through the nose and be locked into only one of the 4 NASCAR manufacturers?

If I decide to go that route, my wife will be pissed! Or, I'll be bored stuck with the rookie content for months on end.

25 oval tracks at $10 - $15 each = a very mad wife!!!

Last edited:
That said, if you bought 25, you get 25% discount :P

That said, upcoming games like SimRaceWay, C.A.R.S, even rFactor 2 are gonna rival iRacing big time.

MildAshers
That said, if you bought 25, you get 25% discount :P

That said, upcoming games like SimRaceWay, C.A.R.S, even rFactor 2 are gonna rival iRacing big time.

Something to consider.

Of course, I'll have to upgrade my PC to run those...

Found a glitch last night. Got to Kentucky Speedway in career mode and when the race started, none of the cars had sound. I did the whole race (10%) with no engine sound. :rolleyes:

Odd how everyone else has all these bizarre offline glitches and things, but I see none of those on mine. The Sound one is completely new to me as I haven't heard anyone make a complaint about that happening.

Found a glitch last night. Got to Kentucky Speedway in career mode and when the race started, none of the cars had sound. I did the whole race (10%) with no engine sound. :rolleyes:

That's happened to me once before as well. I can't recall which track it was on, but I just quit to the PS3 XMB and restarted the same race and had sound again.

Parker

Odd how everyone else has all these bizarre offline glitches and things, but I see none of those on mine. The Sound one is completely new to me as I haven't heard anyone make a complaint about that happening.

Never got that sound issue... but then again I never got sound in the first place.... :dopey: Im just kidding - very sorry for the OT :dunce:

This happened to me as well. I forgot how I fixed it. I think I accidentally hit select, and I had sound from there.

Edit: Is there any way to do the 2010 career after the 2011?

Back