Need a Break from Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 229 comments
If you all want hours of fun. Try NFS The Run. I have completed the career 4 times and trying it on hard now. Tons of side events and online too. A real blast.

If you all want hours of fun. Try NFS The Run. I have completed the career 4 times and trying it on hard now. Tons of side events and online too. A real blast.

It is really good? I was thinking about getting it because I love free roaming in NFS maps, they are really well made. NFS HP2010 and MW2012 are good for this.

Asseto Corsa got me surprised. It's amazing! Loving it so far and the mods are finally starting to appear here and there. Just drove the F40 @ Transfagarasan North. It's my current "OMG I NEED MY ZAHARA" FIX.

For those having it laggy, some versions ago the problem was the Ansiotropic Filtering. Try to remove a bit of it and some effects.

It is really good? I was thinking about getting it because I love free roaming

I think it's great. No free roaming in this one though. Lots of cars and awesome sounds. If you have a wheel, it's a blast. There is a ton of DLC too if you want almost all the cars out of the gate. Wait till you do the winter downhill segment complete with loud airhorns, field cannons and avalanches!

It is really good? I was thinking about getting it because I love free roaming in NFS maps, they are really well made. NFS HP2010 and MW2012 are good for this.

Asseto Corsa got me surprised. It's amazing! Loving it so far and the mods are finally starting to appear here and there. Just drove the F40 @ Transfagarasan North. It's my current "OMG I NEED MY ZAHARA" FIX.

For those having it laggy, some versions ago the problem was the Ansiotropic Filtering. Try to remove a bit of it and some effects.
The run is a very short game, I personally don't recommend it

Y'all should try out Burnout Paradise. It's a 2008 game yes, but it, is, a, BLAST to play and still fun to this day! The online side of it is still alive too, so if anyone wants to play it, I strongly recommend buying the ultimate edition version of it in the PSN store. :D

iI4DcOOD6NzGn.png

Y'all should try out Burnout Paradise. It's a 2008 game yes, but it, is, a, BLAST to play and still fun to this day! The online side of it is still alive too, so if anyone wants to play it, I strongly recommend buying the ultimate edition version of it in the PSN store. :D
^^ this. A million times better than anything and everything nfs is releasing

@LightningLord is that a joke?

The Run was an experience if anything else. It's a good game (the set-piece races in the career mode are fantastic fun), the environments are gorgeous, the car list is fantastic, and so is the soundtrack. Plus, you get a manual box and a decent handling model which doesn't rely on drifting. However, the "Challenge Series" events (sets of 5-6 races set in each "stage" of the main career) get extremely infuriating.

Otherwise, it's the last proper NFS there is - not a Burnout game with a different texture pack and real cars.

I've been longing for some good endurance racing. So I got my GT5 back in my PS. And having a go at some of those long races again. Desperately waiting for GT6 to get B-spec and endurance racing.

I had given up on GT6 for a few months (right after I did the Senna events) now but have now started to get back into it. While I was away from the game/GTPlanet, I was on GTAV and COD Ghosts. I'm patently waiting for something to come out for the PS4 (I literally haven't touched it since I bought it fearing I wouldn't be able to go back to the PS3) to rid me of this crappy console.

Either way, I'm back into the game and it seems pretty active [online]. Sucks that I had to re-tune everything I have though, but it's still a sense of accomplishment.

The Run was an experience if anything else. It's a good game (the set-piece races in the career mode are fantastic fun), the environments are gorgeous, the car list is fantastic, and so is the soundtrack. Plus, you get a manual box and a decent handling model which doesn't rely on drifting. However, the "Challenge Series" events (sets of 5-6 races set in each "stage" of the main career) get extremely infuriating.

Otherwise, it's the last proper NFS there is - not a Burnout game with a different texture pack and real cars.

The manual box part got me interested.

NFS nails the engine sounds but automatic only sucks.

I will try The Run then. Burnout Paradisr may be on the list too.

Anybody on Grid Autosport? I love free driving on roads etc and it was a pain on grid 2. Now that they just released the point to point tracks dlc I may get it too.

Took a break for about 7 months or so, GT6 lost my interest due to limited things to do in career. (I hardly play online)

So played Watch Dogs for a few months and enjoyed the summer without console :)
Last week updated to 1.11 and today finished the Senna content and autobahn trophy (last one needed for platinum)
Now that the game is 100% and everything done, I have no idea what else to do with the game.

Maybe the course maker would bring some interest back...but until then...."dust" :)

Now that I have played GT6 since late Decemember, I can tell that without the Community Features, the Course Maker and the missing features that were on GT5, the game starts to feel empty, I just go buy a car for a series and practice, maybe buy another car to take some photos, and I'm on a group of players from Mexico who I play a lot with.

I'm not taking a break but, you know, the more time passes, the less motivation to play it, except for the group of players :lol:

I have more games than Gran Turismo, when I'm not playing GT, I'm playing Battlefield BC2 and BF3, F1 2012, GTA V, Metal Gear Solid 4, FIFA, MLB 14 Need For Speed Undercover, Crash Bandicoot 2, 3, Team Racing (PSN version), the disc version of Spyro 2 and 3 I've had for like 14 years now, Gran Turismo 1 (got it a couple of months ago) and 2 (The very same my father bought when we got the PS1 14 years ago.... I only have the arcade disc though :( ) and Madden.

Now that you guys speak of these car games, I've got to say I'm not very optimistic about Project Cars, or even less, Driveclub. Will wait for reviews, or see it myself. They still are worth buying, but I can't see myself playing them for too long. I rather spend on an Xbox One (never going to happen though) and buy Forza 5.

Project Cars looks more like a race-car only game, and that is a huge let down for me. The car selection looks incredibly poor and for what I've heard in many videos, sounds are worst than in Gran Turismo.

Driveclub looks fun, but it's one of those racing games you only play for a few weeks and never touch it again like NFS titles.

As for what I'm playing now? Well, I've actually given up on Gran Turismo 6 and will just wait for GT7. Right now I've been having a lot of fun with Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim (lots of it) and recently I got my hands in the Ratchet And Clank HD collection. I do have the Future titles so 'm playing the six of them until I get all the trophies. Then I'm planning on getting the Sly Cooper HD collection plus Sly cooper 4 and doing the same. Been playing Forza 3 too, but quite honestly, that game is missing something and I really don't feel like playing it anymore. Most of it is the physics. The rest is way much more fun than GT.

I've been trying to get back to GT6, but no matter how much I try, i just can't seem to be hooked on it for more than a couple of minutes. These updates don't seem to do it for me either. PD would have to do something big like real DLC, an Event Creator and bring back tire and fuel consumption to Arcade to get me playing again.
PCars sounds worse than GT? Not sure what videos you've been watching to feel that way. The game is still beta and some sounds are just placeholders but everything I've heard so far is brilliant. You have to play a PC sim to really appreciate the subtlties of the sound feedback. Assetto Corsa has really opened my eyes in that regard. The co-ordination of wheel FFB, graphics feedback (body roll, cockpit shake) and sound feedback really makes the game come alive in a way you have to experience first hand to really get. Watching a Youtube video doesn't do it justice and I imagine its much the same with PCars.

As far as car selection goes, at this point they are not leaning towards your everyday showroom rides which I would also like to see, but IMO having 20-30 handcrafted cars with every detail paid attention to, is worth a lot more to me than 1200 cars with fairly generic handling/tire/aero/FFB. Etc. To each his own of course.

Last edited:
Maybe I should try NFS Run. has anyone tried NFS Undercover? I think that game is a bit underestimated. For me it was the most interesting and fun NFS for the PS3 gen. Great sounds, customization, and map. Lot's of glitches and little annoying details, but it was far more enjoyable than the horrible train wreck that Shift was. Pro-Street was decent too.

PCars sounds worse than GT? Not sure what videos you've been watching to feel that way. The game is still beta and some sounds are just placeholders but everything I've heard so far is brilliant. You have to play a PC sim to really appreciate the subtlties of the sound feedback. Assetto Corsa has really opened my eyes in that regard. The co-ordination of wheel FFB, graphics feedback (body roll, cockpit shake) and sound feedback really makes the game come alive in a way you have to experience first hand to really get. Watching a Youtube video doesn't do it justice and I imagine its much the same with PCars.

As far as car selection goes, at this point they are not leaning towards your everyday showroom rides which I would also like to see, but IMO having 20-30 handcrafted cars with every detail paid attention to, is worth a lot more to me than 1200 cars with fairly generic handling/tire/aero/FFB. Etc. To each his own of course.

Sometimes it's easy to notices the flaws in sound, regarding the media were you listen to it in. I've gotten very good at identifying sound issues in racing games. PCars has good samples, but I've noticed that they are a bit too loud and distorted (judging by an old video of a Pagani). Kind of how NFS Shift is, which is extremely annoying. It is still a placeholder, I know. Game's still not released, so it might've been too early for me to judge.

Unfortunately I can't afford a gaming rig, and even if I could, I don't see myself using it as my main gaming platform; so it would be a bit of a waste of my money. Also, I'm really not into the PC world. But I know I won't be missing the chance on playing PCars once it heads out for consoles. All I hope it gets is more street cars, decent sounds and good physics, whether they are realistic or not. If the cars handle as smooth as in GT and sound as good as in Forza, then I'll be happy.

I didn't know people still played this. I might just throw back in now that I'm reminded of it. 👍 I've always just put in the first iteration every now and then.

Anyways, when I take a break from GT6 I start another play through of any of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer games.

Last edited:
I didn't know people still played this. I might just throw back in now that I'm reminded of it. 👍 I've always just put in the first iteration every now and then.

Anyways, when I take a break from GT6 I start another play through of any of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer Racer games.
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 are in my list of most favorite racing games of the PS2 era. :D

Back