Need a Break from Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 229 comments
Well, I've took some time of GT6. I haven't play it since we got the Aston and Nissan VGTs and I didn't even bother with v1.11. :indiff: I've started playing Forza 3 again! :crazy: To me, it feels better than Forza 4 and I don't have GAS (yet).

I honestly think that Asseto Corsa is doing a better job than PCars. PCars is beautiful, but it sounds a bit exagerated sometimes (Shift-a-like) and well Asseto Corsa physics are the best I've seen until now. IMHO.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 are in my list of most favorite racing games of the PS2 era. :D

SPOT ON.

I'm playing TXR3 again via emulator :) works like a charm with a controller. Genki should get back to the Racing Project on the PS4. A next-gen TXR with multiplayer would kick butts.

I've had a break from Gran Turismo for well over two months at this point and honestly, I have no desire returning to it. PD missed to boat months ago with the Course Maker, Zahara and the Community features. The newer VGT cars never caught my attention either.

I'm now a happy gamer an wisely investing my time in GRID Autosport instead. It doesn't have GT's bloated car list or an impressive track list, but it's everything else that is missing from GT.

You have no idea how much I wished fir Genki to come back. I miss them along with Criterion Games. :(
Genki needs a kick in their ass for shutting down GRP and not making a greater effort to localize their games. All those wonderful IPs, just being wasted.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 are in my list of most favorite racing games of the PS2 era. :D

They're my all-time favorites! Plus Zero. Minus the first Drift game, I played through it once or twice and never touched it again.

SPOT ON.

I'm playing TXR3 again via emulator :) works like a charm with a controller. Genki should get back to the Racing Project on the PS4. A next-gen TXR with multiplayer would kick butts.

It's what I've been waiting for for years! We have Wangan Midnight on the PS3 made by them but that was like '06 or '07 and no one is online anymore. :(

Genki needs a kick in their ass for shutting down GRP and not making a greater effort to localize their games. All those wonderful IPs, just being wasted.
Indeed they do. Very disappointed they chose that decision, they need a hard kick up the rear! :mad:
They're my all-time favorites! Plus Zero. Minus the first Drift game, I played through it once or twice and never touched it again.
Oh oh oh, here here. I have TXRD1 (sadly not Zero though :() but like you, I never toughed it again. x)

I've had a break from Gran Turismo for well over two months at this point and honestly, I have no desire returning to it. PD missed my boat months ago with the Course Maker, Zahara and the Community features. The newer VGT cars never caught my attention either.

I'm now a happy gamer and obliviously investing my time in GRID Autosport instead. It doesn't have GT's secular car list or many of the tracks I like, but it's everything else that satisfies my racing requirements.

Fixed.

My boat's permanently moored, I prefer to swim; but I keep a spare for unexpected games. :P

It's interesting the spectrum of tastes that are effectively placing conflicting demands on GT. If there's anything tempting me away from GT6, it's Kunos' tyre model.

Been working on my comic a lot lately (with my own original idea for powers) so I usually take lot's of breaks from GT6. :sly:

But but, it's meant for fun. :dopey:
And when you don't like "Arcady", it is not fun!

Fixed.

My boat's permanently moored, I prefer to swim; but I keep a spare for unexpected games. :P

It's interesting the spectrum of tastes that are effectively placing conflicting demands on GT. If there's anything tempting me away from GT6, it's Kunos' tyre model.

Isn't it a beauty? My God I've never thought it was possible to pass so much feedback in a way that is so dense that you can simply understand what is happening with car almost in slow motion.

I may have exagerated a bit but I'm in love with it.

Enthusia_Professional_Racing_Coverart.png

"I'm playing TXR3 again via emulator :) works like a charm with a controller. Genki should get back to the Racing Project on the PS4. A next-gen TXR with multiplayer would kick butts."

Definitely!!!!! Been thinking the same for a while now, thought I was the only one that remembered those great games.

Im getting a new PC in a few days and ill try Asseto Corsa while I wait for the GT6 course maker.
But the fact that it has such poor quantity of cars and tracks is quite disappointing
But gt6 has a high quantity of cars and tracks and its a steaming pile of crap. Priorities.

I think he's pointing at AC for the lack of cars and tracks.

Sometimes I take a break to finish my other games for 1 hour, and then back to GT6 for 2 hours before going off to bed. It's my daily activity after my work.

If it lags, downgrade the graphics resolution and/or graphics detail... or get a better graphics card. To play these games its always better to have decent FPS and no lag than high resolution and high detail

I know, thats the thing I like about GT though, lots and lots of cars and tracks. I really like quantity.

graphics are on minimum, i think i just need to optimise my PC a bit.

I'm thinking of taking a break, and the game I'll replace it with will not be a racing game.

I've been frustrated with GT6 since the 1.09 patch destroyed T500RS FFB.

Yesterday I had an interesting comparison test: I took a stock M3 round Nordschleife on CS tyres in GT5 then GT6.

GT5 has better FFB, better antialiasing and when you play them back to back it also looks less blurry (GT6 exaggerates depth of field so that most of the time in replays you are watching a blurry image compared to GT5). And you can play GT5 from cockpit view without frame rate drops....Yes, GT6 has better UI, track and car list, plus better suspension modeling, but I prefer the GT5 compromises now that PD destroyed T500RS FFB!

Of course, right now I play much more Assetto Corsa and pCARS than anything else. AC is still top dog, but pCARS is being polished now and it's becoming more and more impressive as the days go by.

But gt6 has a high quantity of cars and tracks and its a steaming pile of crap. Priorities.
Besides graphics (that are limited by the machine) and sound (that is indeed the worst part of the game), lots of them are very fun to drive. Priorities... that depends of every one.
GT6 is good and fun, and doesnt look bad for being a PS3 game.
graphics are on minimum, i think i just need to optimise my PC a bit.
LOL wtf? Or maybe get a new one.
I already tried a very early version of AC on my old PC (AMD Athlon dual core of 2006) and I could run it decently in mid-resolution and in mid-low graphics detail without lag and smoothly, so I imagine your PC (or graphics card, or both) is so old/weak :confused:

As much as I love GT6, I want to improve my skills on Grand Theft Auto. Also a lot of my GT6 friends don't play it anymore which has decreased my motivation to play it. :( Usually it's because they have done GT Academy and have no point in playing anymore or they've just gotten sick and tired of Kazunormi's way of doing things.

He's doing a great job of alienating & destroying his fan base. Even I am becoming despondent & starting to lose interest, & GT6 is all I play. The only other game I have is GT5... :indiff::(

Last edited:
Besides graphics (that are limited by the machine) and sound (that is indeed the worst part of the game), lots of them are very fun to drive. Priorities... that depends of every one.
GT6 is good and fun, and doesnt look bad for being a PS3 game.

LOL wtf? Or maybe get a new one.
I already tried a very early version of AC on my old PC (AMD Athlon dual core of 2006) and I could run it decently in mid-resolution and in mid-low graphics detail without lag and smoothly, so I imagine your PC (or graphics card, or both) is so old/weak :confused:
1 gig graphics card, 4 gigs of ram, 32bit, intell core 2 duo. its not the best but it gets the job done, slowly...

Much agreed. I put so much time on both of those games, it's ridiculous. But, of course they'd mess up TXR3 and making it impossible to complete it without cheating (get the Japanese version guys). They even have my beloved Lexus GS300 with the TT motor. Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 was the best in my opinion. So many cars to drive, but my gripe is the random racer requirements you have to do. I'm nearly completely done with the game, but I stopped because of the damn requirements.

Latest Posts

Back