Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 4,285 comments
It's not going to drive like Hot Pursuit though. The ways the car turned and drifted had nothing similar to it. While that mechanic was fun for fast-paced driving, it's not fitting for this game, nor does it appeal to it.
I know that. What I meant, if there's no timebreaker, no property destruction and if customization isn't in either, it's just an upgraded version of Hot Pursuit, located in an urban area.

And that's...that just sucks.

It's just an upgraded version of Hot Pursuit, located in an urban area.

Or.... just an entirely different NFS. I haven't played Most Wanted, but given how most of you claimed it seems nothing like it, I can safely say this game probably won't feel alike MW, HP or TR, save Undercover and Pro Street, and that this game will have its own unique feel.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted Gameplay Debut E3 2012

I didn't even have to look at the video for a minute before realising it had that same crappy Burnout physics that NFS: HP had. When the demonstration braked and turned, the car started drifting. That's how you know it has those physics without even playing the game. Come on Criterion! And you can also tell it's Burnout-like because every time you take a racer or cop out, the camera focuses on the wrecked car in slow motion, like every Burnout game I can remember.

It should be called Need for speed Burnout Wanted since that pretty much what it is, a cross between Burnout and HP

Or.... just an entirely different NFS. I haven't played Most Wanted, but given how most of you claimed it seems nothing like it, I can safely say this game probably won't feel alike MW, HP or TR, save Undercover and Pro Street, and that this game will have its own unique feel.
It surely will. But it's still anything but what we know of (as you said) or hoped for. We can only hope that it's just the E3 demo or else they've literally killed Most Wanted. Nothing I'd expect from Criterion after Hot Pursuit.

They shouldn't have called it Most Wanted in my opinion if it is completely different from the original. The game probably won't be bad but since they called it Most Wanted people are not going to like it as it is so different from the original. I feel as if EA just wanted to cash in on the popularity of the 1st Most Wanted....

It should be called Need for speed Burnout Wanted since that pretty much what it is, a cross between Burnout and HP
No, it's not even that. In my eyes, all they've done is taken Burnout Paradise, given it a more modern looking HUD and added police. Then they call it the new Most Wanted, wtf?! It appears the game doesn't even have manual transmission, typical of Criterion.
They shouldn't have called it Most Wanted in my opinion if it is completely different from the original. The game probably won't be bad but since they called it Most Wanted people are not going to like it as it is so different from the original. I feel as if EA just wanted to cash in on the popularity of the 1st Most Wanted....
+1

So, after looking at the E3 gamplay and trailer, these are my thoughts so far:

Good:

--Return to an open world setting that you can do stuff in, not just drive & look at the scenery *cough* HP2010 *cough*.
--No little menus in between each race (both ala MCLA & Burnout Paradise).
--Absolutely massive (and hopefully long) cop chases.
--New damage model.
--More "solid" driving engine (as in not having to drift just to get around every corner).
--Awesome graphics & presentation.
--Drive anywhere to the finish (again, similar to MCLA & Paradise).
--More "random" drive-able cars. (F150 SVT Raptor? Hell yes!! :D).
--General run-around-and-cause-mayhemness.

Bad:

--Playlist multiplayer races (one of the main things I didn't like in The Run).
--Lack of customization (Usually I don't care about this, but I was actually kinda looking foreward to this feature).
--Takedown camera (Getting a bit old; wouldn't mind if it was just on hitting roadblocks).
--No mention of any kind of Blacklist.
--Focus on Autolog (I see why this is being focused on, I just really don't care for it anymore).

Overall: I like it. But I'm going to keep an eye on what come between now and Oct. 30.

Trucks and SUVs make their first NFS appearance since NFSU2 and only their 2nd appearance in the entire franchise.

EDIT: Nice to see the traffic cars getting a little more love in an NFS title. They look as good as the drivable cars, now.

The game probably won't be bad but since they called it Most Wanted people are not going to like it as it is so different from the original.

Well then my suggestion is to simply treat it as an entirely new game instead of associating the previous MW game with it.

Well then my suggestion is to simply treat it as an entirely new game instead of associating the previous MW game with it.

That's not the point. If they name it Most Wanted than you should expect the elements from the original to be in the game and be improved upon and not taken out completely. The original Most Wanted was possibly one of the the best Need For Speed games and I was hoping for a proper sequel and so were many others, in my opinion we did not get that. If they didn't want it to be associated with the original then they should have called it something different.

That's not the point. If they name it Most Wanted than you should expect the elements from the original to be in the game and be improved upon and not taken out completely. The original Most Wanted was possibly one of the the best Need For Speed games and I was hoping for a proper sequel and so were many others, in my opinion we did not get that. If they didn't want it to be associated with the original then they should have called it something different.

I was hoping for a proper sequel too. Where's Razor? Where's Cross? Where's the Blacklist? The list goes on, and on, and on.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted – Full Details Unveiled; A Reimagining of Most Wanted

Electronic Arts announced that Criterion Games is reimagining Need for Speed: Most Wanted – a franchise fan favorite and the bestselling Need for Speed game in the series. Designed for a new, more connected generation of racing fans, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers players an expansive open world packed with exhilarating action where they can choose their own path to become the Most Wanted.

Players will have the freedom to drive anywhere, discover hidden gameplay, takedown rivals, challenge friends or just hang out and toy with the cops. Everything they do counts towards the end goal of becoming #1 on their personal Most Wanted List. Need for Speed Most Wanted will give players the freedom to race their own way when the game ships October 30, 2012. A special limited edition pack featuring double speed points, custom liveries, pre-customized rollouts and two vehicles: the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale and Porsche 911 Carrera S will also ship on October 30, 2012.

Matt Webster, Executive Producer at Criterion Games said:

“Criterion is shaking up the franchise with Need for Speed Most Wanted. This is Most Wanted for a new generation of players. We’ve brought everything we know about racing, chasing and exploration and smashed them together in a highly connected open world automotive experience. Whether driving solo or racing with friends in our amazing new multiplayer experience, Autolog fires up competition out of everything as players compete to be most wanted amongst their friends.”

The only rule in Need for Speed Most Wanted is to race without rules. There’s a start and a finish to every race – but how the player races, where and when they choose to compete, and the skills they choose to compete with – are all up to the player. It isn’t enough to be the Most Wanted amongst rivals and cops. Now players will fight for ultimate bragging rights amongst their friends thanks to Autolog. As the original inventors of the ground-breaking, friend-connecting Autolog technology, Criterion establishes once again a new standard in social competition by recommending gameplay challenges across a players’ social network within both single player and multiplayer game play.

In Need for Speed Most Wanted, everything players do will earn Speed Points that will take them up the Most Wanted list – from competing for best race times and battling cops in pursuits for the highest scores, to catching the most air off a huge ramp and more. Autolog 2 keeps intense competition at the heart of the experience – if there’s something to do, there’s someone to beat. And for the first time, Autolog recommendations extend to enhance the multiplayer experience within Need for Speed Most Wanted.

With no lobbies or wait times, gamers will seamlessly enter an online world and immediately receive a rapid-fire delivery of Speed and Skill Tests. Autolog 2 will make recommendations to players to help finesse their racing prowess, further fuelling endless competition and hours of entertainment.

Credit: John Papadopoulos

Some screenshots.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: That's autolog, not the blacklist.
Exactly my point.

The Most Wanted List
"Your ultimate goal in the game is to be the Most Wanted. You earn Need for Speed Points and rank up for everything you do in the game. Outdrive your friends to move up the list and be Most Wanted."

Need For Speed: Most Wanted – Full Details Unveiled; A Reimagining of Most Wanted

Electronic Arts announced that Criterion Games is reimagining Need for Speed: Most Wanted – a franchise fan favorite and the bestselling Need for Speed game in the series. Designed for a new, more connected generation of racing fans, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers players an expansive open world packed with exhilarating action where they can choose their own path to become the Most Wanted.

Players will have the freedom to drive anywhere, discover hidden gameplay, takedown rivals, challenge friends or just hang out and toy with the cops. Everything they do counts towards the end goal of becoming #1 on their personal Most Wanted List. Need for Speed Most Wanted will give players the freedom to race their own way when the game ships October 30, 2012. A special limited edition pack featuring double speed points, custom liveries, pre-customized rollouts and two vehicles: the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale and Porsche 911 Carrera S will also ship on October 30, 2012.

“Criterion is shaking up the franchise with Need for Speed Most Wanted. This is Most Wanted for a new generation of players. We’ve brought everything we know about racing, chasing and exploration and smashed them together in a highly connected open world automotive experience. Whether driving solo or racing with friends in our amazing new multiplayer experience, Autolog fires up competition out of everything as players compete to be most wanted amongst their friends.”

The only rule in Need for Speed Most Wanted is to race without rules. There’s a start and a finish to every race – but how the player races, where and when they choose to compete, and the skills they choose to compete with – are all up to the player. It isn’t enough to be the Most Wanted amongst rivals and cops. Now players will fight for ultimate bragging rights amongst their friends thanks to Autolog. As the original inventors of the ground-breaking, friend-connecting Autolog technology, Criterion establishes once again a new standard in social competition by recommending gameplay challenges across a players’ social network within both single player and multiplayer game play.
Please.... If Criterion Games knew anything about racing then NFS: MW2 wouldn't have Burnout Paradise physics. I think they are just taking the Most Wanted name and humiliating it badly.

Exactly my point.

The Most Wanted List
"Your ultimate goal in the game is to be the Most Wanted. You earn Need for Speed Points and rank up for everything you do in the game. Outdrive your friends to move up the list and be Most Wanted."

I hate when games try to incorporate online into a games story. (unless it's co-op) For example what if your friends don't get the game or if one of your friends modded the game to get 1st the feature is then pointless. They should just have a proper single player Blacklist to avoid both of these problems...

EA are doing it wrong, they should get Blackbox to make the re-makes (as they made the original) and get Criterion to focus on brand new NFS titles imo.

I hate when games try to incorporate online into a games story. (unless it's co-op) For example what if your friends don't get the game or if one of your friends modded the game to get 1st the feature is then pointless. They should just have a proper single player Blacklist to avoid both of these problems...

EA are doing it wrong, they should get Blackbox to make the re-makes (as they made the original) and get Criterion to focus on brand new NFS titles imo.

You know what I think Criterion should do at this point? As you said, I think they should hand over the development of NFS MW 2012 to Blackbox as they did it better. Also, they should go back to making Burnout games as they used to as I enjoyed those better. Plus, it's more of Criterion's thing.

Autolog would be in every NFS game as long as EA exists. I'm not surprised that this is another Burnout with licensed cars because that's exactly what HP was. I'm going to assume every racing game that Criterion does will be the same theme. This time, it seems like this will be NFS World for the consoles with updated cars instead of customization. I guess that can work.

I was really looking forward to this game. Speedbreaker was so awesome back in MW, can't believe that they took it out. It's as if Criterion's forgotten that single-player exists :(

Ddrizle

“Criterion is shaking up the franchise with Need for Speed Most Wanted. This is Most Wanted for a new generation of players."

This quote here doesn't sound promising. Myself and many are looking for that classic Most Wanted gameplay. Why reinvent the wheel when its not needed?

I'll be keeping an eye on how this game progresses. Can't help but feel kind of meh by it.

You know what I think Criterion should do at this point? As you said, I think they should hand over the development of NFS MW 2012 to Blackbox as they did it better. Also, they should go back to making Burnout games as they used to as I enjoyed those better. Plus, it's more of Criterion's thing.

I think it's too late for Most Wanted 2 as its near the end of development but if they make any more remakes they should let Blackbox do it.

I don't think they will do that unless they get another Studio to develop another NFS with Blackbox as EA want to make as much money as possible and release a new NFS every year.

This quote here doesn't sound promising. Myself and many are looking for that classic Most Wanted gameplay. Why reinvent the wheel when its not needed?
I am not against you if you don't like this game but just like they said this is more of a reimagining of the game rather than a reboot because if it was a reboot it had to have the core features from the 2005 Most Wanted.

Now for the bad news, compare this video to the one shown at E3 (It's different), doesn't it look like the handling from HP is still here?

Back