Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 4,285 comments
I am not against you if you don't like this game but just like they said this is more of a reimagining of the game rather than a reboot because if it was a reboot it had to have the core features from the 2005 Most Wanted.

Now for the bad news, compare this video to the one shown at E3 (It's different), doesn't it look like the handling from HP is still here?

No, it looks more like Burnout Paradise Physics now... And that's even worse.

I agree with the physics being like Burnout Paradise - even the camera angles look just like it! Not that the wicked takeouts are bad. I've expected many features from MW 1 to be in this sequel (if it is). Perhaps they are more to the E3 Demos than meets the eye, but from the looks of it not much has been retained.

I don't get the hate toward the game.

It's made by Criterion which made a few of the funnest arcade racers around. Even NFS Hot Pursuit from 2010 was SO much better than the rest of the newer NFS'. Just cause it has the name Most Wanted people are overlooking the potential the game has and are nitpicking the 2005 MW features it doesn't have.

It's not a sequel, and it's a totally different developer.

The game's physics is definitely not Burnout physics... it's got the same idea in that braking will initiate a drift, but that alone doesn't make it the same. Nitrous in burnout makes your car take off, in this it doesn't for instance. The drifting wasn't fast paced nor was the speed maintained. Like a real car, drifting did slow the car down.

And no, wicken, HP3's handling characteristics are definitely not in there based on the only video on the web so far. I kept my eye on the speedometer when Craig performed a drift and no speed was regained upon exiting the drift.

It's not a sequel, and it's a totally different developer.

If it's got the exact name as the original, I'd expect it to have some of the features that I liked. Namely the physics similar to MW1, Speedbreaker, customisation and no takedown cameras every kilometre.. HP 2010 didn't really have a storyline, because neither did NFSIII or HP2.

My issue so far and I dont know if ican be confirmed right now is in MW you could modd the look and paints of your car so far it doesnt seem like that is the case that would be sad if true

Based on what I've read, it looks like we can't play as the cops any more, which is a shame because IMO the instances when we were allowed to be the police in NFS games the experiences have generally been not as fun as running from them IMO, and with the exception of the PC version of High Stakes, I think HP3 made being the cops fun (well, mainly because it worked out like "Takedown" mode from the Burnout games).

One thing that has bothered me is why non-race circuit, street environments and police in racing games automatically warrant arcade physics. I would love to play a racing game while running from the cops in a street or highway environment with Forza, Gran Turismo, or sim physics.

New details for you guys:
- There will be cars from the following 6 classes: Muscle, SUV, Sports, Grand Tourer, Track and Sedans.
- Most Wanted will have performance upgrades and how you personalize your roll out is up to you.
- You're Most Wanted and 10 other Blacklist drivers are trying to take your title. They'll hunt you down and challenge you!
- The focus is less on storytelling and more on racing without rules, open world action, nonstop multiplayer with friends.

wicken
- There will be cars from the following 6 classes: Muscle, SUV, Sports, Grand Tourer, Track and Sedans.
- Most Wanted will have performance upgrades and how you personalize your roll out is up to you.
- You're Most Wanted and 10 other Blacklist drivers are trying to take your title. They'll hunt you down and challenge you!
- The focus is less on storytelling and more on racing without rules, open world action, nonstop multiplayer with friends.

Well, that sounds more interesting.

Official PC Specs (found in Origin store):
Minimum System Requirement:

Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ or Althon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory:2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
Sound card: DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

Recommended System Requirement:

Processor: Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
ard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

That's some good news indeed. Also I'm sure that we'll have multiple liveries for the cars, because in the pre-order you'll receive a satin black livery for the GranTurismo and the 911. Yes it's not as good as Most Wanted 2005, but it's still better than plain factory paint.

That's some good news indeed. Also I'm sure that we'll have multiple liveries for the cars, because in the pre-order you'll receive a satin black livery for the GranTurismo and the 911. Yes it's not as good as Most Wanted 2005, but it's still better than plain factory paint.

All you have to do is add Sgt. Cross to that list and remove the Burnout Paradise physics then I'm convinced to buy this game after all.

All you have to do is add Sgt. Cross to that list and remove the Burnout Paradise physics then I'm convinced to buy this game after all.

I hope it isn't a failure (i see all titles after carbon a complete fail!) like the rest. I hope they get back to basics having the same feel as underground 1 / 2 MW and Carbon and maybe Under cover. I will enjoy it

I don't quite understand the Burnout Paradise hatred. Was it not a good game or something? I seem to remember quite enjoying it.

I don't mind the Burnout physics, in fact I'm glad Criterion has used and modified the HP2010 physics to suit an urban environment, but I do understand why some people would dislike it.

I've been saying from the beginning that Cross should be in. His minor role in Carbon was great and I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

I can't say I am liking this from what I've seen, nor am I hating it. The graphics seem cool, handling is a little more realistic but i'm missing the 2005 MW feeling. It had a somewhat dark atmosphere while these videos show a sunny city like in Undercover. Another thing i'm afraid of losing in this game is the modifications. Sure, sticking body kits on a Gallardo or a Reventon is a little questionable, but that's what NFS is about. It's an arcade racer!

Opinion: Criterion made a completely new game with maybe the police system being like MW, but got an order from EA to brand it Most Wanted so we'll buy it. Because after all, it's MOST WANTED!

And in Cross's words: *KGGGGGGGGGGGGH* *Blow paint of key* "Nice pinstripe!"

The multiplayer looks like a lot of fun. Plenty of stuff to do, lots of freedom and hardly any rules to abide by.

Also has anyone else noticed these little nods to Burnout in these videos? The gameplay video with the yellow 911 shown a few pages back has BURNOUT on the license plate and in the multiplayer video just above, one of the players is called Paradise. :lol:

As I said in the E3 thread, purely personal opinion but i'm yet to see an open world arcade racer (except perhaps TDU) which hasn't really evolved since the likes of Midtown Madness and Crazy Taxi. Am I talking about the graphics? Sound? Presentation? Nope, it's the physics that puts me off, why on earth do so many of these games let you drive through practically anything, including lampposts and road signs, whilst hardly damaging your car? Non-player cars bounce off of yours like they are made of balsawood. To me it seems infantile, and mystifying.

So can we come to the conclusion people are at this point mad because this isn't a "Most Wanted" game? It doesn't have the same elements, appeal, feel or perks that MW had. From that multiplayer video, this game is basically Burnout With Real Cars... not the physics though.

Online basically functions the same as Burnout Paradise. I might like this more than BP simply because you would lose in a race as soon as you wrecked just once since everyone is always traveling at top speed. In this you aren't, so that might fix things up. I don't see car-parkouring in this, so I'm not expecting split-ramps and jumping off parking garages. I did what to see a bit more visual damage however.

Now I wonder what driving is like...

Last edited:
The multiplayer looks like a lot of fun. Plenty of stuff to do, lots of freedom and hardly any rules to abide by.

Also has anyone else noticed these little nods to Burnout in these videos? The gameplay video with the yellow 911 shown a few pages back has BURNOUT on the license plate and in the multiplayer video just above, one of the players is called Paradise. :lol:

Criterion Games copy and pasted Burnout Paradise's physics, 'nuff said.

Based on what I've seen and read this game IS Burnout Paradise (which is good in it's own class) with real cars, more or less. Though I enjoyed Hot Pursuit, it's a completely different game! Hot Pursuit was always a pick-your-favorite-supercar-and-floor-it game, and that feeling was there in HP 2010.. Most Wanted is completely different, more like a story that took place, being a hotshot racer losing his car and trying to get revenge. If this game ends like the rumors suggest I'll bless my old PS2 and original MW and crash Cross' car a lot!

If this game ends like the rumors suggest I'll bless my old PS2 and original MW and crash Cross' car a lot!

I'm way ahead of you, mate :lol: Already picked up on MW yesterday, started a new game, and was completely sucked in from the start. Now i'm just cruising around in a Clio V6, beating a dude in a tiger-decal Eclipse. Now that's street racing!

Based on what I've seen and read this game IS Burnout Paradise (which is good in it's own class) with real cars, more or less. Though I enjoyed Hot Pursuit, it's a completely different game! Hot Pursuit was always a pick-your-favorite-supercar-and-floor-it game, and that feeling was there in HP 2010.. Most Wanted is completely different, more like a story that took place, being a hotshot racer losing his car and trying to get revenge. If this game ends like the rumors suggest I'll bless my old PS2 and original MW and crash Cross' car a lot!

Well I'm not going to lie, Burnout Paradise is a fun game to play with your friends, but because Criterion decided to call this game "Most Wanted", I have high expectations since the 2005 game was such a success. And because they called it Most Wanted, I want to see Sgt. Cross, blacklist racers (It's got that I think), customization (also has that but no actual footage of customization), heat levels in police chases, bounty and much more. And I don't expect Burnout Paradise/NFS: HP 2012 physics to mess this game up.

MSTER232
Well I'm not going to lie, Burnout Paradise is a fun game to play with your friends, but because Criterion decided to call this game "Most Wanted", I have high expectations since the 2005 game was such a success. And because they called it Most Wanted, I want to see Sgt. Cross, blacklist racers (It's got that I think), customization (also has that but no actual footage of customization), heat levels in police chases, bounty and much more. And I don't expect Burnout Paradise/NFS: HP 2012 physics to mess this game up.

Exactly! Just because both are good games it doesn't means they are to be mixed.. Compare with a banana and a beef, a little the same

Back