Need for Speed - The Movie | March 14, 2014

Unsure what to make of that trailer. The plot synopsis definitely has connotations of The Run. Sounds like a mix of Cannonball Run and the early Fast & Furious movies.

Jason Torchinsky
To their credit, it was Ford's press folks who told me the car didn't really have 900 HP, and that number was what the car had in the world of the movie. They did say it had the 5.8 L motor with a supercharger, but they declined to let us look under the hood because, I was told, there was something in there that would give away part of the plot to the movie.

Need For Speed's Star 900 Horsepower Ford Mustang Is Completely Fake - Jalopnik

:odd:

Gawd this car looks stoopid. Proper, redneck/chav-customised stoopid.

Well one part i loved was the koenigsegg camera car, bit that made me cringe was the totalling of a mclaren p1 and sesto and the part i felt was a let down is the hero car compared to the rest of the cast. Veyron SS, Agera R, P1, S7 TT, Haurya, sesto elemento. No laFerrari though......hmmm. Yes most are mock ups to look like them and cost 20% of the RRP but still, even the P1 spoiler wasn't up wtf. Mustang was proven fake but they may have "one" real one just like tokyo drift where only a copy where complete (and sold after)

Last edited:
Well one part i loved was the koenigsegg camera car, bit that made me cringe was the totalling of a mclaren p1 and sesto and the part i felt was a let down is the hero car compared to the rest of the cast. Veyron SS, Agera R, P1, S7 TT, Haurya, sesto elemento. No laFerrari though......hmmm. Yes most are mock ups to look like them and cost 20% of the RRP but still, even the P1 spoiler wasn't up wtf. Mustang was proven fake but they may have "one" real one just like tokyo drift where only a copy where complete (and sold after)

When was there a Huayra in the footage? I'd be fine if at least one Pagani is present in the film?

Need-for-Speed-the-movie-set.jpg

Big truck carrying a trailer of logs. I think we all know where this is going. :dopey:

Yeh, manufacturer can create cheap, easy reps to wreck. Using moulds they have for the proper cars. So no CF or titanium, just cheap fibreglass and steel. Engine and transmission could be anything as it could be salvageable after, windows and lights would be tinted so you cant see inside, or the lack of inside. Anything to cut costs.

Yeah, but they'd more than likely ruin the name of them.

The movies that spawned from Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and more recently Tekken already did.

The Prince of Persia movie seemed to be vaguely successful.

The movies that spawned from Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and more recently Tekken already did.

The Prince of Persia movie seemed to be vaguely successful.

Fighting games would be hard to do in any sense. Worst so far....Mario!!!
Its the Story lines of games that could turn them to movies. Need for speed has 20 games to use, not many have that. Uncharted could be great.

Fighting games would be hard to do in any sense. Worst so far....Mario!!!
Its the Story lines of games that could turn them to movies. Need for speed has 20 games to use, not many have that. Uncharted could be great.

The Uncharted movie has been in the rumour mill for several years but not as long as the rumoured Halo movie.

The only Need for Speed games that vaguely had storylines were the original Most Wanted, Carbon, Undercover and The Run. The plot synopsis of the NFS movie likely strikes chords taken from the very latter.

The plot synopsis of the NFS movie likely strikes chords taken from the very latter.

They're pretty much the same aren't they? Guy gets screwed over, guy enters huge cross-country race in a custom Mustang to earn money/freedom.

/originality

EDIT:

No wait, apparently "his ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins".

WOAH

Back