Need for Speed - The Movie | March 14, 2014

people who had seen the advanced screening said that its a decent movie, a bit cheesy, amazing stunts. i cant wait to watch it, cant believe i have to wait longer because im in another region.

Is it wrong that I don't even see anything wrong with it? I feel like NFS is so bad and Hollywood is so terrible, its like they were made for each other anyway. In fact, this is exactly the kind of Movie Micheal Bay would be perfect for directing: Terrible plot, barely any references to the source material (although in this case, the source material is hardly worth acknowledging anyway) and explosions (because I know there will be many in this movie).

It may even hilariously work better as a movie then it ever did as a game and that alone would be hilarious.

Is it wrong that I don't even see anything wrong with it? I feel like NFS is so bad and Hollywood is so terrible, its like they were made for each other anyway. In fact, this is exactly the kind of Movie Micheal Bay would be perfect for directing: Terrible plot, barely any references to the source material (although in this case, the source material is hardly worth acknowledging anyway) and explosions (because I know there will be many in this movie).

It may even hilariously work better as a movie then it ever did as a game and that alone would be hilarious.
i dont know, i have very, very low expectation for this movie. i accidently saw the full story (damn you imdb) and i think the plot is kinda what you see in a NFS game. Acting wise its a bit subjective for people since there are a lot of them who said that the

(continued, my phone cant edit the post, stupid piece of crap) the acting was good and then there are some who said it was bad. I'll only watch this for Aaron Paul and the stunts, hope they're good.

It looks like an average blockbuster racing/action movie. I love how fake the Agera looks :lol:
the door looks poorly finished, the lack of LED in the headlights, the missing front splitter, the side windows looks smaller, the rear fender looks bad and plastic. The P1 doesnt have active rear wing, the side view looked like a plastic body. The Veyron doesn't have a rear wing and dont get me started on the Saleen and Spano. The only thing that looks similar to the real one is the Sesto and that's not similar enough. That said, i'm more excited to see the Gran Torino Aaron Paul used in the muscle race.

the door looks poorly finished, the lack of LED in the headlights, the missing front splitter, the side windows looks smaller, the rear fender looks bad and plastic. The P1 doesnt have active rear wing, the side view looked like a plastic body. The Veyron doesn't have a rear wing and dont get me started on the Saleen and Spano. The only thing that looks similar to the real one is the Sesto and that's not similar enough. That said, i'm more excited to see the Gran Torino Aaron Paul used in the muscle race.

So from what you're saying, they can't even get the source vehicles correct.

So from what you're saying, they can't even get the source vehicles correct.
maybe ? though i heard they use CAD or stuff like that from the real companies so its kinda licensed i guess, its weird though the Saleen doesnt have the logo on the hood.

Any of you guys seen the Magnaflow exhaust featurette ? Made me interested on how the cars in the movie will sound like. When one of the people at Magnaflow said "the engine sound is the powerful sensory impression" , my mind think about PD and the engine sounds in GT6 lol

Why do I have this feeling that this movie is going to flop badly?
I used to feel that, then i saw the reaction from the people who saw the advanced screening said it was great and have that 70's car chase Vanishing Point feel. Since Fast 7 is delayed, i'll give this one a try, the trailers looked great though. The muscle car race looked awesome and i like how they used the helmet cam and no CGI for this.

I guess with movies like this, if you plan on watching it in the theater, you gotta have low expectations.

This movie seems to be a F&F clone. The last F&F movie I liked was Tokyo Drift, which is the best one out of all of them in my opinion because it wasn't full of riced out Eclipse's covered in ugly vinyls or ripping bank vaults out of walls with Dodge Chargers. I think Tokyo Drift is the most mature of the F&F movies. I really liked the dark and gritty tone of the storyline, the setting and the distinct personalities of the characters. If they made a NFS film that was a combination of the story from NFS Undercover and Tokyo Drift, then it would be a decent movie in my opinion, but until they make something like that, I'm not going to watch it.

Just realized something, Jesse (Aaron Paul) had a friend called Skinny Pete in Breaking Bad. Tobey Marshall (also Aaron Paul) had a friend called "Little Pete" in this movie. I just thought it was cool haha.

I have extremely low expectations for this movie. So if it turns out to be "ok" than great, I was prepared to be let down and it turned out to be ok. But the only reason i'm (and i'm sure just about everyone else is) going to see it, is because it has supercars racing in it.

Oh gawd. Anyone else seen they video that NFS put up on their YouTube channel?

Dominic Cooper seems to lapse between American and English accents. Just sounds off...

Why couldn't they keep him as a cheesy British villain? Argh.

And don't mention the body roll in the trailer that none of those cars portray in real life, veyron rolled inches not mm.

And don't mention the body roll in the trailer that none of those cars portray in real life, veyron rolled inches not mm.

Yeah it does suck, the movie website has a video of the supercars being made if you guys haven't seen it yet.

yeah im still gonna watch it for the cars, the stunts (which were practical and no CGI is used) and of course Aaron Paul.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1403_ford_mustang_from_need_for_speed_headed_to_barrett_jackson.html

Motor Trend
The custom 2014 Ford Mustang GT from the new movie adaptation of the "Need for Speed" franchise is hitting the auction block. Ford announced that the star of "Need for Speed" (other than "Breaking Bad's" Aaron Paul) will be hitting the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach auction block in April, with all proceeds going to charity.

Though it's said to make 900 hp in "Need for Speed," this custom is little more than a 420-hp Mustang GT with a six-speed manual. Even so, the rare Mustang (which is likely only one of a few made) certainly looks the part of movie star. Ford designed a custom wide-body kit for the Mustang, and fit it with a custom twin-snorkel hood, a larger lower grille, and bespoke 22-inch Forgiato wheels. Ford also painted the Mustang in a custom silver paint, with Kona Blue racing stripes.

The "Need for Speed" Ford Mustang will hit the Barrett-Jackson auction block in Palm Beach, Fla. on April 12, about a month after the movie hits theaters. The Mustang will be offered up at no reserve, with proceeds of the auction going towards the Henry Ford Health System, a not-for-profit healthcare group serving Michigan communities.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/Behind-the-scenes-on-Need-for-Speed-2014-03-03

This is odd, i thought those supercars were replicas, but he said they were real ? I have no idea about the CAD stuff. He said Lamborghini gave them one of the three Sesto Elemento when we can clearly see its not the real thing. Can someone explain ?

Also :
1459936_653694827985777_422043525_n.jpg

I think i'm in love... Thank heavens they put the car in the old school street race

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/speed-clip-230039389.html

I thought it was a GT500 dressed as a Mustang GT, a few people from the featurette kept calling it a GT500.

Last edited:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/Behind-the-scenes-on-Need-for-Speed-2014-03-03

This is odd, i thought those supercars were replicas, but he said they were real ? I have no idea about the CAD stuff. He said Lamborghini gave them one of the three Sesto Elemento when we can clearly see its not the real thing. Can someone explain ?

Also :
1459936_653694827985777_422043525_n.jpg

I think i'm in love... Thank heavens they put the car in the old school street race

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/speed-clip-230039389.html

I thought it was a GT500 dressed as a Mustang GT, a few people from the featurette kept calling it a GT500.
I imagine they used the real cars where they could for things like static shots - like the scene in Dino's garage when he shows off his Ageras, they're too highly detailed to be replicas.

And the Mustang in the movie is supposed to be a Shelby GT500 one-off.

Wonder if the spoiler tags work.

I imagine they used the real cars where they could for things like static shots - like the scene in Dino's garage when he shows off his Ageras, they're too highly detailed to be replicas.

And the Mustang in the movie is supposed to be a Shelby GT500 one-off.

Wonder if the spoiler tags work.
nah, there's only one real Agera on that garage clip, the grey one.

Yeah its supposed to be a GT500 but the article said the car had 420 HP as opposed to 662 HP

So remember how I was making fun of this movie and basically showing my distain for it? Well I'm waiting in line right now as my sister got me tickets for an advanced screening.

So because my sister does so much for me and rather then be a jerk, I will end up seeing the movie.

So remember how I was making fun of this movie and basically showing my distain for it? Well I'm waiting in line right now as my sister got me tickets for an advanced screening.

So because my sister does so much for me and rather then be a jerk, I will end up seeing the movie.
Dont expect good acting, dialogues and story from this kind of movie. Just think of this as a car chase movie and you'll be fine cause thats what ive heard from people who saw the advanced screening.

Back