Need Lamborghini Murcielago lp670-4 SuperVeloce 09' Tuning

• Thread starter 07rogersg
  • 8 comments
I'm sure someone who really knows what's up will blow my post away but this is what I've done. Also if you have not already bought all the upgrades you might really want to wait for someone else to post. This car was my guinea pig.
I was surprised that this car was as squirrely as it was at first too so I threw a ton of money at the problem. First off I've bought all the top upgrades. I mean everything with the soft racing tires, all weight reduction and stiffening, engine upgrades, intake, muffler, drivetrain stuff (with the Torque Sensing Center Differential , not the LSD), the works.

For control though, the fully custom suspension and tranny really helped immensely. I also put the better rims and ALL the aero kits on it so yea I spent some cash heh. Then for the tuning:
I lowered the car by maybe 5mm in both the front and back. I stiffened the springs by .5 in both the front and back, and then upped both dampers from 5 to 6. I upped traction control from 5 to 6 and increased the number on the ABS breaks from 1 to 3. Very small adjustments there. Skid control is turned off for me. I didn't modify the wing at all. For the tranny then I either guess my top speed for the track or hit a practice track to see what the top speed on the course is and set my tranny top speed to just above what the car can do on the track.

Anyway all this helped the control a LOT. I'm sure there are much better ways especially if you do not want all the upgrades but what I did definitely made a huge improvement. It went from me not wanting to use it to loving it. Learned a ton to apply to other cars too. Like I said though this is pretty much me just going in and playing with stuff. It's still a work in progress, but I got this thing smokin & cornering now.

Hi 07rogersg,

I'm not going to say I'm a setup guru. . .

But I spent a bit of time working on my Murcielago Super Velocity and got it taking the corners pretty good.

I figure if there's a tuning option that is the key to getting any car right, it's the fully adjustable suspension.

Before that I had done all the aero options, plus did some basic weight reduction but anyway it still wasn't turning in the corners as well as I'd like.

So I got the fully adjustable suspension.

Here's what I did:

___________Front_______Rear
Springs:_____11.7_______12.3
Anti Rolls:_____4_________3
Camber:_____0.6________0.5
Toe Angle:___0.0________0.12

I just gave up and moved and bought a ZR1 as there are so many tuning guides for it, I am no tuning guru but that thing is impossible to get right.

I am not an expert tuner, but I just so happen to have just tuned my Gallardo after a pile of experiments and won all my Lambo races. So here it goes. This tune is based on the Ferrari 458 tune I found in the forums with a tweak for the Lammie.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 ROME TUNE
735 HP
1169 KG
4WD

Purchased all the upgrades, both in weight reduction and boosting power. Be sure to get to the GT Shop and get the aero kit and upgrade to lighter rims as well. Without further ramblings, here is my Rome tune:

Aero 0/20 (there is no front setting so just max the rear)
Transmission 186/mph Top Speed (Remember this is a city tune)
LSD 7/30/5 (for both front and rear)
Torque Converter 50/50
Height -10/-13
Spring 8/8.5
Dampers Ext 5/4
Dampers Com 5/4
Anti Roll 3/3
Camber 2.4/2.0
Toe -0.09/-0.03
Brake Balance 6/6
TCS 1
ABS 1
Skid Recovery, Active Steering and Stability OFF

BOB Times with this setup (my Bob is lvl 18 and is an idiot wall crashing turd of a driver but I digress):

Sport Hard/Hard 1:17.113
Sport Soft/Soft 1:13.870

What I like about this setup is that it allows Bob despite his moronic skills to carve his way through the pack and is usually leading by the second lap. I used this same setup with racing soft/soft in spec A and though I won, and by a ton, I cannot remember my times. I want to say 1:04 or there abouts but definitely between 1:00 and what Bob got with sport tires.

Enjoy.

Back