New boards

Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
I'm just going to put in a request to see if it's possible to have a new board put in for the cool walls (both mine and @Jahgee1124's so as to keep the Cars In General and Rumble Strip boards less cluttered and more open for other conversations. Obviously the main point of the cool walls is discussion (as opposed to the results, which, unless something ranks unusually highly or lowly most people don't usually care about), and they often produce great threads in terms of discussion, but that's still a lot of rather specific threads going into those boards and perhaps it would be nice to reach the compromise between not having boards being dominated by what are essentially discussion threads dedicated to such specific things while still getting those discussion threads for those specific things in a more specific environment for specific thing discussions.

I'm being really incoherent, but I hope you took something in of what I meant.

Also, rather than the usual cat and mouse game of spam threads (rate the word above you and what have you) turning up in the rumble strip and then getting locked, maybe it would be good just to have a board marked as "spam threads" where threads get automatically deleted if no one replies to them for a few days. Most other forums I visit seem to have arrived at that sort of arrangement, all though I understand if that's not what's right for GTPlanet or something.

Wow, I need to use more full stops.

I struggle to understand how one can deliberately post less of them when the number posted is dictated by the numbers of nominations made.

Due to a fall in the number of nominations I have recently decided to scale back the frequency with which I post polls, but the number of polls one ultimately posts is still defined by the number of nominations. If no one makes nominations, there will be no polls, if millions make nominations, there will be millions of polls, the time scale is irrelevant (all though people wont reply if you burn them out with too many polls in a short space of time; wink wink nudge nudge Jahgee...).

That you're not grasping the fundamental point of the feedback, in this thread where you specifically asked about it or in the recent Cool Wall threads where it has also been given, does not mean it isn't legitimate.

I just don't understand why there needs to be a cool wall for everything.
db7a8c644095a0b570635036a10b06688e3719ba0c24760c3b1753a3095b2aaa.jpg

If people stop voting on the cool wall or stop making nominations to be polled, the cool wall goes. As it stands, they aren't thus it stays unless I get bored of running mine or Jahgee gets bored of running theirs and no one wants to take over.

At present it looks like the alternative cool wall is just going to run to the end of the nominations currently made and then be put on some sort of (possibly permanent) hiatus as there are a lack of nominations, although the threads themselves still remain popular enough to warrant their existence (plus it would be unfair on those who have already made nominations not to post theirs). The car cool wall looks like it is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

No and this is why it's frustrating.

I really don't understand what you mean. It is possible to post polls at a lower frequency, but if one is to post all of the nominations which have been put up then the quantity of polls posted is predetermined.

That you're not grasping the fundamental point of the feedback

Once a week for cars is plenty.

This is feedback. Bobop4 has given an opinion on the matter in hand.

I just don't understand why there needs to be a cool wall for everything.

In my view this does not constitute feedback. It is questioning why the alternative cool wall exists, when the fact that people have made nominations for it and have continued to vote in at times quite sizeable figures on it (other times [usually when the nomination has been something intentionally obtuse] the turnout has been smaller, but I don't recall it ever being less than at least a couple of dozen or so, correct me if I'm wrong) should make this fact clear.

Participation is not mandatory, and what I am suggesting in this thread is that the boards are tidied up for those who do not wish to participate by moving cool wall and hall of fame threads into their own separate folder.

Last edited:
I really don't understand what you mean. It is possible to post polls at a lower frequency, but if one is to post all of the nominations which have been put up then the quantity of polls posted is predetermined.

I'm pretty sure he means the amount of your threads is frustrating. If you go to the Cars subforums you'll find out of the 35 threads per page on the list, 11 are cool wall posts.

Note: Not that I care since I rarely venture outside my preferred subforums.

Sorry, I'm a pedant. I get confused when people use quantity to refer to frequency. I think I understand what people are saying now, and, as I have said, now that the backlog has been burnt off the rate of Alt Cool Wall posts is going to be turned down. (I think that I promised that back when I started doing four posts a week, and if I didn't it's what I intended to do.)

And I agree, @Jahgee1124 would be advised to turn down the wick when it comes to the frequency with which cool wall polls are posted in the cars in general section. It's hard to care when so many are coming up so quickly.

Back