Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

I found the info about the LM55:

The Vision Gran Turismo project is the setting for the world's best automakers to develop concept cars for motorsports fanatics. The Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo pushes the boundaries at the intersection of technology and design. This is not your traditional Mazda but a vision of the future with a healthy dose of respect for the past. It's the product of setting your sights on outright victory at the world's most demanding endurance race, the famed 24 Heures du Mans. For the design of the Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo, the Mazda Design team blended agility with elegance. Its dynamic silhouette is drawn with sensual forms inspired by Mazda's Kodo design philosophy. Even the shape of the front grille is an interpretation of the Mazda signature front end developed for its production vehicles. The stance of the Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo, reminiscent of the famed 787 B that took overall victory at the 1991 24 Hours of Le Mans, is powerful yet graceful.

The Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo barely tips the scale with lightweight, carbon fibre components, including a monocoque chassis clad in striking atmospheric-white paint. Pair this with advanced drive train technology that offers the epitome of power, efficiency and durability and the result is an exceptional power to weight ratio exceeding that of most cars in its class. The multilink pushrod independent suspension, with front and rear adjustable dampers, reflects a long-standing racing tradition at Mazda. The viscous coupling centre diff with electro-magnetic clutch ensures ideal traction. And, only when absolutely necessary, the Mazdaspeed developed carbon fibre high-performance dual circuit brake system guarantees excellent stopping power. The Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo is Mazda's vision of the future born of their unrelenting challenger spirit

Hmm, and yet no direct reference to the powerplant... Oh well, guess we have to wait a little while longer. Anywho, thanks for the information, top job as usual from you Whistle. 👍

There's this snippet in another area:

A spaceship-like design powered by a rotary engine. Mazda's mark in automotive history

maybe related to the LM55, but as some text is in missing / in another place I can't be sure.

There's this snippet in another area:
A spaceship-like design powered by a rotary engine. Mazda's mark in automotive history
maybe related to the LM55, but as some text is in missing / in another place I can't be sure.

Unless they (Mazda\PD) are making a direct reference to the Furai, I don't see that being related to any car other than the LM55. It's not like Mazda has many "spaceship-like designs" on their range...

So excited about this one. The Chaparral was purely awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on another prototype Race Car.
Just please: modeled interior....

So excited about this one. The Chaparral was purely awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on another prototype Race Car.
Just please: modeled interior....

Well, at least the Mazda should be less crazy than the Chaparral, that way people can stop hating these cars so much. The interior part is more tricky. If it is a closed roof car, PD will not model an interior. And the LM55 looks set to be one of those, so I'm afraid that the interior will not be modeled... Sorry about being that guy, Vito, but with PD you know what you get sometimes.

Inb4 the usual GT-haters start calling it the "Lame55."

I was thinking more "LM3Stealer", but that's just me... And god, even though I can already see those so-called "haters" complaining, I'm still going to get upset at their unnecessary bashing.

Last edited:
I'm actually interested in this for the possible LMP relation, I'd love to see something based off the ALMS racer.

b-k-motorsports-lola-b08-86-mazda-mzr-r-coupe.jpg

As well as this bit;

VGT description
The multilink pushrod independent suspension, with front and rear adjustable dampers...

Tell me that doesn't have the makings of racecar-material 💡

Last edited:
Unless they (Mazda\PD) are making a direct reference to the Furai, I don't see that being related to any car other than the LM55. It's not like Mazda has many "spaceship-like designs" on their range...

Well, if there's no spaceship mentions in the Furai's in game car description / info then it must be for the Vision car.

It may belong in this smaller description, the start:

mazda_lm55_vision_gt_14.A fusion of speed and elegance, aimed at an overall victory at the Le Mans.. [missing] ....A spaceship-like design powered by a rotary engine. Mazda's mark in automotive history.... [missing]

???

Well, if there's no spaceship mentions in the Furai's in game car description / info then it must be for the Vision car.

mazda_lm55_vision_gt_14.A fusion of speed and elegance, aimed at an overall victory at the Le Mans.. [missing] ....A spaceship-like design powered by a rotary engine. Mazda's mark in automotive history.... [missing]

???
Furai's ticker description makes no mention of Spaceships. Nor does any other Mazda in the game.

I am overly excited, as anyone might conclude by my name here... Not only it will be powered by rotaries, but Mazda has one of the beat design teams nowadays, so we will have happy eyes when this is revealed. I totally trust them in this, especially now that they will be free to do what they want.

I think its safe to change the name of the thread since its pretty much confirmed, therefore well beyond "Possible". Its more a matter of when rather then if.

So what we have so far;

Confirmed
NAME- MAZDA LM55 (Vision GT)
COLOR- White (maybe additional livery)
TYPE- (future) LMP

Possible
ENGINE TYPE- Rotary
Uhm, where exactly is it mentionend that the car will be white? :boggled: Haven't seen any informarion about the car being white, yet.

Uhm, where exactly is it mentionend that the car will be white? :boggled: Haven't seen any informarion about the car being white, yet.

@Whistle Snap has the information in his post above. And here-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144461845&postcount=7946
...The Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo barely tips the scale with lightweight, carbon fibre components, including a monocoque chassis clad in striking atmospheric-white paint.
At least some of it will be white according to the text.

Very excited about another LMP car :-)

Let´s hope the car will not be like Toyota TS-030… very slow without possibility of tuning the engine.

I´m intrigued by the name.. Why "55"?????? Is that the racing number of 787B reference???

Hey guy's quick update about this i got featured on the new's page by Jordon you guy's should check it out.

Back on topic: Yeah i think it is a reference on the 787B gustavobamba.

???

Yeah, that sounds like the footnote phrase you usually see below the car when you select it. It would make perfect sense. And now all we have left to do is this:

I think its safe to change the name of the thread since its pretty much confirmed, therefore well beyond "Possible". Its more a matter of when rather then if.

Now all we can do is wait and see, not much more than that. The (possible) white livery is both cool and rather unusual, most cars come in either gray or a decorated white. What will the Mazda have for a livery?

If it makes you feel any better, the next VGT car, the (probable) Alpine will have an open cockpit. So that one will, no, must have an interior modeled... ;)
the idea of open cockpit with blacked out interior just cannot cope, so...
Ah right on, can we expect the Alpine VGT too? We saw a teaser sketch at least a month ago if i'm not mistaken

Back