New Nascar seasonal

• Thread starter alex1369
  • 15 comments
Croatia
Croatia
alex1369
Well im not searching for help how to win. But i advise to everyone dont even try it. Cuz it will pull your hair out. Very very frustrating race..
The race in Le mans is very frustrating. Cuz one little off track visit will get you a ****ing 10 sec penalty. The penalties are worse than on F1 games...

Unbelivable. I didnt try Spa but i strongly belive its the same **** as LM. But i won the other races in Laguna and R246.
Even if you get the 2 laps without penalties you wont even be on the podium for sure...

So if you dont want grey hair i advise you dont touch the Nascar races.
I smacked my pad 2x na pillow ofcourse. Otherwise it would explode in to 1000 pieces if it was something else...

Its not worth it for some paint,helmets,suits..
And the muscle car ticket you can get in the marketplace.

3 out of the 4 are super easy, Le Mans was a pain.

I had to retry Le Mans a few times, because if you take a realistic line you get a penalty and the AI also has a habit of brake checking you in certain corners, you get a penalty if you hit them too. Ran a 3:50 and a 3:48 to win it, if I tried a few more times I could probably overtake the leader around the Porsche Curves instead of before the last chicane. Spa I managed to get in the lead within 2 laps then spent the next 4 building up a massive gap, not sure how they can have a race that's that easy just after one that's really hard. Laguna was easy, took 4 laps to get in the lead there with some mistakes, R246 I had a couple of big crashes including a spin and still had a lap to spare.

I'm not sure if there is a better way to do Le Mans, I played around with the downforce but went back to 45/40 so I had the best straightline speed with the best cornering speed. Anything else just understeered massively because you cant run any lower than 40 at the rear. I usually run 50/45 at other tracks.

Interestingly I won a couple of special tickets - one for engine restoration, one for chassis restoration. Prize car ticket gave me a 300C which I immediately sold.

I wish PD would learn what the term "short-cut" means because it's apparent they don't have a clue. Here's the basic premise of a short-cut ...

IT HELPS YOU. IT DOESN'T HURT YOU.

It's really asinine to give a short-cut penalty for sliding off the OUTSIDE of the curve. It's the INSIDE that's the short-cut. I repeat ... THE INSIDE IS THE SHORT-CUT.

And who in the world thinks that a short-cut penalty (or even a ramming penalty) has anything to do with "reality" anyway?? In 30 years of driving, after a few cuts through the corner gas station and a couple accidents, I've never EVER had a message pop up on the windshield that 20 seconds was being docked off my life.

From "simulator" back to "video game".

These ones are pretty tough, need to really set your transmission for the courses. Times to beat are aggressive, although Laguna Seca is easiest; 6 lap races good lengths.

Times needed to win:

R246 - 1:40.9
Laguna Seca - 1:27
Le Sarthe - 3:51
Spa - 2:23.5

Le Mans was tough for my thumbs and DS3, almost the limit. AI cars like to ram at Mulsanne Corner and some races there were three or four cars in the sand. Many penalty zones. So a good racing seasonal, won a Plymouth a Prowler of all things. Also, noticed oil and power seem to degrade rapidly with NAscars, had to refresh often to get back to 890 HP. And another tip, use Intermediate tires instead of RH, may or may not help but gives a psyche boost.

Last edited:
I really hope they got their **** together on GT6. I'm on the #4 race (Spa) and I can't tell you how many times I got a freakin shortcut penalty for sliding past the OUTSIDE marker.

To the developers at PD ...

Look up the word "shortcut" in the dictionary. Learn what it IS and what it ISN'T.

Simple driving line mechanics - going further outside the line HURTS my time; going closer inside the line HELPS my time. Why the h@ll would you give a shortcut penalty for the exact OPPOSITE?!

This is the stupid **** I hate ... consistently faulty logic, resulting in the game cheating you.

HA! On top of all that, my prize for not turning the coffee table over and embedding the controller into the wall is ... (drumroll, please) ...

the oh-so-sexy Dodge SRT4 '03!

As the great Daffy would say ... "I demand that you shoot me now! So, shoot me now!"

The le mans race in this event is terrible. NASCAR cars need to draft to overtake. HOW CAN YOU DRAFT WHEN THERE ARE ONLY PACKS OF TWO AT A TIME?

Then sometimes you do well and the car in front crashes out, breaks early and you get a 10s penalty.

The le mans race in this event is terrible. NASCAR cars need to draft to overtake. HOW CAN YOU DRAFT WHEN THERE ARE ONLY PACKS OF TWO AT A TIME?

Then sometimes you do well and the car in front crashes out, breaks early and you get a 10s penalty.

Don't you just love it? This is definitely one of those races that when you DO win, you say to yourself "I will never do this again".

I will say that the key (for me) was everything before the first long straight. If you can manage to get right behind the green car as you round the curve preceding the straight, you can draft off him, catching you up to the next group of two.

It would really be nice if it was w/o chicanes.

And you gotta be careful at the sharp turn at the bottom of the straight ... that's a penalty waiting to happen.

Don't you just love it? This is definitely one of those races that when you DO win, you say to yourself "I will never do this again".

I will say that the key (for me) was everything before the first long straight. If you can manage to get right behind the green car as you round the curve preceding the straight, you can draft off him, catching you up to the next group of two.

It would really be nice if it was w/o chicanes.

And you gotta be careful at the sharp turn at the bottom of the straight ... that's a penalty waiting to happen.

Thanks. I agree, my best attempt was at the tight turn, I'm sorry I don't know the name. I predicted there would be crashing and took the inside line, broke earlier and let the other cars be.

One of the cars to my left went into the other, which went into the gravel. The car that hit that car cut in and nudged my rear. In turn, a car that had earlier crashed (way in front of me) was recovering slowly from an earlier crash and I couldn't avoid bumping into the back of that. 10s collision penalty when it wasn't my fault.

It resulted in the cars all over taking me, no hope of drafting as they were so far away.

One mistake and you will lose, even if you make no mistakes you need to be lucky with drafting and to meet the cars at the right time. The other races you can afford to be conservative, but this you have to push too. Its stupid.

In addition to this, the set up and tuning have next to no difference compared to how they should.
You would think raising ride hight, lowering downforce and having a slightly lower gear ratio may help..but it does next to nothing. In real life these adjustments would make you clearly faster than all the other cars, especially at top speeds on the straights.

But then again, in real life what would NASCARs be doing on a non-speedway track anyway?

Thanks. I agree, my best attempt was at the tight turn, I'm sorry I don't know the name. I predicted there would be crashing and took the inside line, broke earlier and let the other cars be.

One of the cars to my left went into the other, which went into the gravel. The car that hit that car cut in and nudged my rear. In turn, a car that had earlier crashed (way in front of me) was recovering slowly from an earlier crash and I couldn't avoid bumping into the back of that. 10s collision penalty when it wasn't my fault.

It resulted in the cars all over taking me, no hope of drafting as they were so far away.

One mistake and you will lose, even if you make no mistakes you need to be lucky with drafting and to meet the cars at the right time. The other races you can afford to be conservative, but this you have to push too. Its stupid.

You're right ... you do have to run a clean, almost "perfect" race ... no slide-offs and no penalties.

And I think that crash after the sharp turn (bottom of straight) is programmed to happen every race. I think it happened on every try up until I actually won the damn thing.

Jeez my OCD got the better of me and now my fingers are shaking. I just managed to do it after what must have been about 50 tries.

I found the key too it was getting a good start, you have to be in 9th and within distance to draft the cars on the first straight. You then have to pass the next two cars on that straight and make sure they don't hamper your exit to the second straight. On the second straight again you have to make sure you within drafting distance of 6th and 5th cars.

The final run I pulled a 3.47 on the first lap and found myself in 3rd place with one lap to go. The main way I made time was out breaking the cars a lot on the chicane after the second straight. They break way to early. I also made time towards the end of the lap breaking late for the first chicane there. Apart from this draft, draft, draft.

I actually messed up on the second lap and got caught going to fast behind 1st place, I hit him and took him out on the tight right hander. It meant two cars overtook us, but one of them was taken out also and the other I managed to overtake by just powering through the last two chicanes full blast. I got a penalty and went over the line at about 50mph but a wins a win. I don't care about cheating when I feel like PD cheated with the difficulty of this event.

My prize? GNX '87 lol

MjMYXeT.jpg

ez5hHnJ.jpg

LDxG1QO.jpg

Heres a download link to a zip of my replay by chance anyone is interested.

I used the roadcar tune here (thanks so much)! but I altered to have a little less downforce and more hp through an oil change.

I agree with the op, don't do this unless you are prepared to almost go insane. If you do do it, I would restart the race if you don't get a draft on the first and second straights like I explained. Even if you don't get to 9th by the first straight, rinse and repeat.

If you do finish each try, you will need to oil change very often also.

I managed to overtake by just powering through the last two chicanes full blast. I got a penalty and went over the line at about 50mph but a wins a win. I don't care about cheating when I feel like PD cheated with the difficulty of this event.

I did the same thing at the end. I figured I'd blow through the 2 very last curves before the finish line, but I was a little off ... and caught the corner of the wall/barrier on the right. Luckily, the shortcut penalty's 5 mph was enough for me to crawl over the line.

It was one of those slow-motion "NOOOOOOOOO" moments.

I did the same thing at the end. I figured I'd blow through the 2 very last curves before the finish line, but I was a little off ... and caught the corner of the wall/barrier on the right. Luckily, the shortcut penalty's 5 mph was enough for me to crawl over the line.

It was one of those slow-motion "NOOOOOOOOO" moments.

Exactly that lol. Checking the rear view mirror and hoping if they do catch you, you aren't invisible anymore.

Well thats it for GT5 I guess. I have just completed the last two events. (Couldnt be bothered to do the last one gold so just got bronze). Once I complete A-Spec ill go on to GT6 finally. I have after all played since the very first one. :) <3 GT.

You're right ... you do have to run a clean, almost "perfect" race ... no slide-offs and no penalties.

And I think that crash after the sharp turn (bottom of straight) is programmed to happen every race. I think it happened on every try up until I actually won the damn thing.
The Mulsanne Corner

Back