• 126 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTEYE

GTPlanet Sponsor
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
G`Day, May I introduce myself, as GTEYE, a Suspension Designer in Australia. An avid sim racer and performance driving enthusiast.

I wish to present a newly released
Upgraded Progressive Brake Spring Mod for Logitech G25 and G27 Wheels.

Specially designed for use in the Logitech G25 / G27 Pedal set, this precisely engineered brake pedal spring is the result of over 4 years of design and testing.

Careful consideration to spring stiffness (rate) has been a core GTEYE design philosophy, that`s why it has taken so long to design a spring with a correctly positioned threshold and balanced spring rate up to +80% firmer. By perfecting this, the driver is enabled to provide a solid braking pressure without demanding excessive force. The pedal will allow you to also push beyond threshold should you wish.

Uniquely, this modification does not require the pedal set to be hardmounted to the floor, and is still comfortable for use with barefeet.

The GTEYE spring features a true progressive rate which effectively simulates the real feel of a brake pedal in a real car, and most importantly is capable of improving your lap times.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=3613&pictureid=40522
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=3613&pictureid=40523
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=3613&pictureid=40524
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=3613&pictureid=40525

Thanks, it will be available for US$29.95 incl free shipping worldwide.
The package also comes with quality comprehensive installation instructions.
Starting out, it will be for sale on Ebay. Should be online within a day or so.

Hey can you tell me the free lenght & outer diameter of the said spring? I have G25's at home but wouldn't care to take them apart to measure.

Thanks, it will be available for US$29.95 incl free shipping worldwide.
The package also comes with quality comprehensive installation instructions.
Starting out, it will be for sale on Ebay. Should be online within a day or so.

Without wanting to be the killjoy, you may let folk know about your mod, but you may not offer them for sale here.

• You will not post advertisements or solicitations outside of designated areas or without proper authorization.

The designated area is the trading post and you need to be a premium member to make a thread there.

All G25 and G27 Pedals use the same spring, it would not be necassary to measure.
The spring free length is 60mm and the O/D is 23.5mm.

Without wanting to be the killjoy, you may let folk know about your mod, but you may not offer them for sale here.

The designated area is the trading post and you need to be a premium member to make a thread there.

Hi Daan, Sorry to cause an issue. It is not my intention to sell from this forum, but merely to let people know it is available and answer any technical questions which fellow forum users may have. 👍

Looks interesting, certainly a nice price, though not the only progressive spring mod for the Logitech G25/27 on the market. Don't forget about the Nixim brake & clutch spring kit which cost about $40 US, has been around for quite some time and received a great review from InsideSimRacing.tv giving them the credibility and exposure to the community.

I'm in the process of planning and acquiring components to fully overhaul my sim racing setup and was pretty interested in the Nixim mod over one of the more expensive options like the Perfect Pedal mod. I'd love to see InsideSimRacing review this in comparison to the other options which at the same time would give your product some more credibility than just what you say.

Specially designed for use in the Logitech G25 / G27 Pedal set, this precisely engineered brake pedal spring is the result of over 4 years of design and testing.

What took you so long? :dopey::dopey::dopey:

You where very lucky that the G27 came with similar pedals or that would have been 2 years of work wasted :dopey::dopey::dopey:

Looks interesting, certainly a nice price, though not the only progressive spring mod for the Logitech G25/27 on the market. Don't forget about the Nixim brake & clutch spring kit which cost about $40 US, has been around for quite some time and received a great review from InsideSimRacing.tv giving them the credibility and exposure to the community.

I'm in the process of planning and acquiring components to fully overhaul my sim racing setup and was pretty interested in the Nixim mod over one of the more expensive options like the Perfect Pedal mod. I'd love to see InsideSimRacing review this in comparison to the other options which at the same time would give your product some more credibility than just what you say.

I have tested the other mods available, and in my personal experience found that if the pedal is too firm that my lap times actually suffered and my leg became quite tired during longer enduro style races, often to the point of losing focus on my driving and failing to reach threshold consistantly. Possibly in dedicated sim cockpits the seating position might allow the driver to efficiently press a harder pedal due to the seating ergonomics, however as a good percentage of sim racers on a budget may use their home furniture or office chairs etc, an overly stiff pedal can be more of a hindrance than an advantage.

The GTEYE mod has been a long term casual undertaking for over 4 years, this mod started out as a personal experiment for myself and a few close friends, making the first uprated spring shortly after being gifted a G25 in 2008, I would use the uprated spring for a few months before producing a revised version with what I learned along the way.

Up until about 1 month ago, I never planned on producing this for anyone else, so its not like I set out in 2008 to design a spring for sale in 2012 💡

Fortunately, my occupation as a suspension designer, I have all the necessary tools and equipment at my disposal, this has enabled me to trial and error a lot of different spring rates and progression rates in that time.

As I really only started "selling" the spring last week, I will be sure to look into broadening the exposure and upping the credibility, I suppose I need to start somewhere... thanks for the tip.

Good for you GTEYE, if it's benefited you and you can pass that on to others then I'm all for it.

I don't have a wheel/pedal set yet and wondered two things...

1. Which is best Logitech G27 or T500TS?

2. Are there any new wheels in the pipeline i.e G29?

If this information is already in a thread somewhere I would be grateful if you point me in the right direction as a basic search doesn't bring anything up.

Thanks.

Good for you GTEYE, if it's benefited you and you can pass that on to others then I'm all for it.

I don't have a wheel/pedal set yet and wondered two things...

1. Which is best Logitech G27 or T500TS?

2. Are there any new wheels in the pipeline i.e G29?

If this information is already in a thread somewhere I would be grateful if you point me in the right direction as a basic search doesn't bring anything up.

Thanks.

Hi,
I guess the wheel selection is subjective to opinion, personally I am happy with the Logitech wheels as I own both a G25 and G27.
The Thrustmaster wheel does also look interesting, however I have personally not used it, likewise I have a few friends that also use Fanatec wheels and are happy with them.

As for a G28 or G29, I would not wait. It seems that Logitech have a 3-4 year cycle, and with the G27 only available since 2010, there is a bit of time to go yet, even so, Logitech wheels hold good resale value so you would be well advised to buy something now and start using it rather than wait for a new model.

Bought one at the end of January and it arrived yesterday. The instructions (which came via email) were very clear and it only took about 20 mins to take the pedal set apart, replaced the spring, and put everything back together.

I really like the new spring. It has a progressive feel to it and is a lot stiffer than the original one. What is great about it is that it is not so stiff that I need to wear shoes - I like to wear socks when gaming.

I had a fanatec clubsport pedal which used load cell. I really liked it but it broke after six months so I went back to my original G27 pedal. But I never really like the original spring, which was too weak and linear for serious gaming. In my opinion, the G27 + GTEYE mod is still not quite as good as a good load cell rig, but not bad as a compromise if you like the reliability and cost of a G27 setup.

I'm thinking on buying one of this but have a couple of questions. I wonder how does it stack up to it's Nixim counterpart (I know you won't speak against your product but I'd like to have a somewhat objective reason to prefer your product. I'm a bit confused since I've read both great and dreadful opinions about the Nixim) and if the world-wide shipping is free (Have you had any problems with customs or something like that?).

Looking forward for your answer as I'm thinking of upgrading my G27 pedals in the near future and the GTeye seems like a great idea at a fine price, specially taking in account the shipment.

In terms of brake pedal feel, everyone can have different opinions about what is best for their particular needs, some like the brake pedal to be rock hard, others like / or need a softer feel. This can often depend upon how your seating position or rig is mounted.

I do strongly believe that all the wheel and pedal controls need to be balanced and match in proportion with the other controls being used.

For many people at home who would use a desk mounted wheel and office chair etc, the pedals are often held in place by the carpet spike or simply placed on a hard surface.
If the pedal is too firm and requires too much force, they are likely to slide or slip across the floor.

The GTEYE spring offers about as much progressive firmness possible without needing to hard-mount the pedals to a fixed surface which means its great for home use, as well as sim-rig setups.

The GTEYE spring can at first glimpse appear to be very similar to others available, but each brand is unique and have their own design and method.

I have designed the GTEYE spring with minimal, if any, trade off's.
This mod can be simply installed and enjoyed, there is no need for maintenance, hard mounting of pedals, or re-calibration of the software, nor will the spring ever wear out.

This mod does not reduce pedal travel, which I believe is unique amongst the others available.

The GTEYE spring also comes with a 3 year warranty.

To date, everyone who has purchased the spring has been highly pleased in the product and service.

I've just decided to buy it, and since there aren't many reviews on the product I'll make one as well. I think that as an average racer, noob handyman and resident of a distant country I'll be able to evaluate the product in some interesting circumstances.

So far, everything has been great. Bought it through eBay (Checked the feedback. An impressive 45 positives and no neutral or negatives) and payed with PayPal. Within a couple of hours I received an update saying the item had been marked as shipped! I've had to wait more for Amazon items to be shipped! I expect it to arrive at my residence in around a month or so.

I'll keep updating.

UPDATE: Today I received the instructions by e-mail. It's a six page .pdf that's got plenty of pictures and detailed descriptions. Clear diagrams show which screws you have to remove and when do you have to take care. The list of tools needed is extremely simple, the kind of thing every so-called man should have: a hex key and a screwdriver. The .pdf is such a tease...I wan't the spring to arrive right now! :lol:

However, I know that it'll be something like two to three weeks until it arrives. I'll patiently wait and update when it arrives with details on the packaging.

Last edited:
I got spring few weeks ago, I'm in scotland and it only took six days to arrive.
the spring is great although i've added my own rubber stopper to add that wee bit of dampening just at end of travel. I used to use stock spring with rubber(piece of rubber dog chew) with coin but travel was a bit short so took coin out, Now I have perfect brake pedal setup gteye spring with shortened rubber so I'm just starting to compress rubber near end of travel, mostly racing on gt5 with all aids off including no abs :sly:

P.S. Thx for great product gteye.

Last edited:
I ordered the GTeye upgrade spring this weekend. I don't have my pedals hard mounted to a driving seat, resulting in a different seating position every time I pull up a seat to my wheel stand. I have to believe the muscle memory from using the progressive spring should help with braking vs using positional memory of the brake travel alone. It sure as heck can't make me any worse. I also didn't want to reduce pedal travel that much or have to deal with a super stiff spring that could cause more issues than it would solve. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Update: Ordered 4/15
Shipped 4/16
Received 4/30

Edit: with some luck I hope to receive the spring before next weekend. I will run some before and after tests using some of my more familiar cars. Tests will involve the X2010 at suzuka, X2011 at GVS, F2007 Spa, F10 Nurb GPF,and Elise at Tsukuba. All testing without aids and abs on zero.

Update:

I did a few 5 lap test races to record times before upgrading to the GTeye brake spring. All testing was done as follows:
No Aids, ABS on zero, on line lobby, track edge / grip on REAL, Tire Wear and Fuel OFF, Race cars on Racing Soft Tires. Elise 111R on Sport Soft Tires. I usually allowed 5 warm up laps prior to starting a 5 lap race. The exception was with the Elise. I have never used it without ABS and therefore needed about 12 laps to get a feel for it and set the Brake Balance to 4/1.

Results prior to upgrade:
F2007 at Spa
Session Best Time 1:41.323
Race Laps
1 1:43.330
2 1:42.972
3 1:43.069
4 1:41.323
5 1:41.408

F10 at Nurb GPF
Session Best Time 1:28.910
Race Laps
1 1:34.983
2 1:30.323
3 1:30.163
4 1:29.448
5 1:29.007

X2010 at Suzuka
Session Best Time 1:00.158
Race Laps
1 1:02.775
2 1:00.832
3 1:00.229
4 1:00.158
5 1:00.467

X2011 at GVS
Session Best Time 54:215
Race Laps
1 58.330
2 55.126
3 54.398
4 54.215
5 55.051

Elise 111R at Tsukuba
Session Best Time 58:334
Race Laps
1 1:03.050
2 59.228
3 59.905
4 58.334
5 58.758

Test sessions will be repeated once the brake upgrade installation is done.

Last edited:
Patience is not my virtue. Does anyone have any feedback or review of this upgrade yet? Man I hope it shows up this week.

I got mine earlier this year, and have been pretty happy with it so far.

The brake pedal is a lot stiffer, much firmer than even my real car's brake pedal. It's not overly stiff though, so I can still use the carpet grippers under my pedals. That was a big selling point, since I can't hardmount my pedals.

I just got my GTEYE installed. Simply put this is what Logitech should be using. It works perfectly how it should - the stock spring was just wrong. The instructions were very easy to follow. This is no fancy load cell, just a simple fix that works perfectly. Stock carpet grabber and "driving" in my socks is still good - and that's all I wanted. Perfect.

Just received mine. It took two weeks and two days, a good time considering where I live. The packaging is simple, a padded post bag that does it's job of protecting the item and a couple plastic bags covering the spring. It comes with a little presentation card of GTeye with "Thank you for your purchase!" handwritten on it (I know it's no big deal, but it's a definitely warm and human touch!). I'm gonna pretend I've got nothing to write for college tomorrow and install it right now. Will report back with feedback on the installation.

So far, ordering and delivery has been a problem-less experience.

Awesome. Hopefully you can share some before and after times for some of your more familiar car / track combos. Looking forward to your feedback.

Awesome. Hopefully you can share some before and after times for some of your more familiar car / track combos. Looking forward to your feedback.

I'll do that on friday. Tonight and tomorrow I've got to work on a couple of papers. However, I'll give some brief feedback now.

The installation was really easy. Part of what makes it easy is Logitech's superb design, but it must be said that the .pdf that GTeye supplies with the purchase is amazing and thorough, it makes the installation a breeze. Everything is covered in the .pdf, the location of every bolt and every caution you need to have. It should take some 4-6 songs from the Initial D soundtrack (that's the most exciting unit of time I know).

I did some 5 quick laps of Spa on AutoClubRevolution (haven't used GT5 in a long time, I'll try it later) and I can say that the effect is profund. You'll overshoot your first corners because you'll still be used to the strength needed by the Logitech stock spring. However in no-time you begin pushing the brake harder and harder finding the sweet-spot, which actually exists with this spring unlike the stock spring. This is no magic brake that will make you go faster right out of the box, don't for a minute think that. This is a magic brake that will make the experience much more immersive for a mere $30. You feel more...more like you're pushing that pedal like you do in your real life car, you feel that you're actually braking hard instead of pressing a mildly strong button. It might sound exaggerate, but I felt sometimes like I was braking for my life.

Thanks for my purchase? Thanks for the great product!!!

PS: I don't know where did I get the idea that I could replace the clutch pedal with the accelerator one. Point is, don't replace the clutch and accelerator springs. I did it and found out that with the clutch spring on the accelerator pedal it squaks horribly, so I checked the .pdf and found that it only talked about switching the stock brake and clutch springs, so I had to un-screw and screw all over again. Bottomline: Install GTeye's superb spring in the brake pedal, the old brake spring in the clutch pedal and leave the accelerator pedal as it is.

Last edited:
Patience is not my virtue. Does anyone have any feedback or review of this upgrade yet? Man I hope it shows up this week.

How about here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKKzSDlaz0&feature=view_all&list=PL69DA836DFBA093AB&index=2

or here -

http://www.simnewsdaily.com/reviews/nixim-g27-pedal-mod

or here -

http://www.northamericangp.com/board/showthread.php?6451-NIXIM-G25B-Pedal-Mod

or even here -

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=211892&highlight=NIXIM+brake+mod

So OK, you have bought A COPY, but whilst it is basically the same spring but even harder to press then the NIXIM original (without buffer fitted), these reviews will give you an impression of what the GT Eye spring will feel like.

I will be quite happy to answer any questions here or elsewhere.

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. I reviewed most of those links prior to making the decision to test out the GTeye. From what I understand, and using feedback from a friend using it, the nixim is the spring to use IF using the pedals hardmounted to the race seat along withe thin soled shoes. The decision to try the GTeye was based on needing a spring the hopefully is a bit softer than the Nixim, while still providing more rate and progression than the stock spring.

I'm going to order the Nixim spring in a few weeks and test it too. How can you go wrong for 30 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back