New Road Rash game

Smoke&Slide
I actually played Road Rash 2 on the Amiga 1200.

Ditto. Well I think I played the first one on the 1200, but I'm not 100% sure. Great game. If a remake happens, I hope they can do the originals justice.

Slight Mad Studios (the same people that are making Project CARS are making a Road Rash style game called Biker Bash.

Who knows, maybe PD will surprise us with a TT2 based on the GT5 engine.

TT and Road Rash are completely different games. One is a "realistic game" whereas the other is a violent street racer and is geared towards arcade handling.

Hi, people!

Road Rash is a great game! It's been a long time since the previous game released. Too bad :( If you waiting for a new Road Rash then, please, support a petition that may help a dream to come true.

Petition to EA for a new Road Rash game

There is over 70 voices right now. It's to little, but with your help it may get much more voices. EA should see how much gamers of the world want a new Road Rash.

Last edited:
Smoke&Slide, there is no information about it. Only a rumor about about closed project. EA has all the rights on this trademark and Criterion just wants to make a game, not "making" :( As for me, I think, the EA must find another developers studio for Road Rash and a few people whom had been involved in development of original games. (p.s. sorry if my english is scratchy a little).

Stradivis
Anyone remembers this tech demo?
I'm at work, so I can't verify, but one of those links should work

There is an opinion that this is not a tech demo, but an experiment in 3D editor by Kevin Connolly whom is a 3d designer.

Last edited:
Author
Smoke&Slide, there is no information about it. Only a rumor about about closed project. EA has all the rights on this trademark and Criterion just wants to make a game, not "making" :( As for me, I think, the EA must find another developers studio for Road Rash and a few people whom had been involved in development of original games. (p.s. sorry if my english is scratchy a little).

There is an opinion that this is not a tech demo, but an experiment in 3D editor by Kevin Connolly whom is a 3d designer.

Really? Dang!

It looks so cool, so smooth, fast!

Folks, as DG_Silva said in post#10, SMS is set to make Biker Bash under the WMD development model.

There's no need for EA anymore! ;)

How a Steam/PSN/XBLA oriented game can be better than a AAA-class project???

100 people is only the beginning of the process. It's not enough, of course. But true fans of Road Rash never understand you.

When it was only a few of 5 people other sayng "hehe, EA do it for you, aha"...that stupid opinion and doing nothing to make a change in your life, just waiting for some mana from the sky. Thanks for the help "cool" guys.

A million people could sign that petition and EA still wouldn't commit to a AAA development cycle for a Road Rash title. So if the alternative to a Steam game that captures the spirit of the series is no game at all, then I don't see the issue with being okay with what SMS is working on.

Well it all depends who owns the license, which is probably EA of course. I had all the Road Rash games including the disc for the Saturn version. The very first Road Rash had "the Wild Thing" as a award for getting through the game, does anyone remember that bike?

Then EA came out with "Skitchin" that was an awesome game as well. Sort of a Road Rash on roller skates, it was great fun at the time.

How a Steam/PSN/XBLA oriented game can be better than a AAA-class project???.
It doesn't take a lot to be better than Road Rash. The distribution method does not govern the quality of the game. You get steaming turds as boxed products from EA too.

100 people is only the beginning of the process. It's not enough, of course. But true fans of Road Rash never understand you.
Huh? I'm a "true fan" of Road Rash, and I understand me... And I also understand why some other developers with a current and proactive take on it (design document drawn up, discussion and development underway, intent to do it has been announced) are much more likely to bring you a Road Rash game than the EA dinosaur is.

When it was only a few of 5 people other sayng "hehe, EA do it for you, aha"...that stupid opinion and doing nothing to make a change in your life, just waiting for some mana from the sky. Thanks for the help "cool" guys.
I recommend that you don't hold out for even petition induced "mana from the sky" from them. Support somebody who is on the ball instead - surely that's the thing that "cool" dudes would do :cool:

Just an UPdate of this topic, so more people could find it out easy.

The distribution method does not govern the quality of the game

I almost agree with you.

And I also understand why some other developers with a current and proactive take on it (design document drawn up, discussion and development underway, intent to do it has been announced) are much more likely to bring you a Road Rash game than the EA dinosaur is.

Ok, why not to ask EA if there is a possibility? Just to try. Is it so hard to do?

Updated link to updated petition

I signed the petition ^^ i'll get a friend or two to sign up too. I have one question though on the PSx, 3d0, PC 32 bit version etc one...when your playing I see frequently when the computer/A.I hits some other player or you they can do that "victory fist pump", I have only done that once in my years of playing this game, and I don't know how my character did it...can anyone here shed some light on how to do this? Or if there is a way to drive a motorcycle cop? My cousin back in the day (1997) or so, had it for 3d0 and i asked him back then and he said yeah there is a way but he wouldn't tell me...

Back