New Thrustmaster TX Wheel Ferrari 458 Edition

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 11 comments
Spain
digiprost
New Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Racing Edition TX which e had the opportunity to try on the Xbox console and one that is compatible, is also compatible with PC.
Teach as is the steering wheel and give some test laps in a Ferrari One Xbox in spa.

Might as well add some actual information about the wheel if this is to become the official thread.

Some information I've gathered from many different posts from the iRacing forums and ISR:

• Base is "about 30% smaller" than T500RS' (figure is obviously a little arbitrary but you get the idea).
  • No notchiness feel thanks to brushless motor.
  • Not quite as powerful as the T500RS, but still quite decent.
  • Ferrari GTE wheel and F1 wheel work on TX base. I haven't seen confirmation that the GT Rim works on it.
  • The T500RS pedals DO WORK with it, on both configurations (GT and Rally).
  • The Engine Start button is actually the D-PAD.
  • The Manetino switch is not functional, it only goes up and down and springs back to center position. You can't depress it for an additional button function like with the GTE rim.
  • The TX rim hooked up to the T500 base sort of works, some buttons do, some stay depressed. Maybe future firmware update?
  • The power supply is located INSIDE the base, due to the less demanding brushless motor.
  • There is a cooling fan, but it isn't as noisy as the T500RS'.
  • The wheel looks very toy-like and plasticy, but the plastic is high quality and feels sturdy (seen this posted more than once, but still highly subjective).
  • The shifter attachment will most likely connect to the wheel via a PS/2 connector on the back of the base. Possibly no USB support for Xbone shifter.
  • It can be hard mounted, same size screws and same spacing between mounting holes as its big brother.
  • 19 lbs 18x16x16 Box specs
  • This one should go without saying but it's asked a lot. It doesn't work with the PS3 and being an XBone wheel it's unlikely that'll change.
When it first came out I wanted this wheel, unfortunately Amazon, Newegg, ISR and the iRacing forums are plagued with posts about wheels going bad anywhere from not working out of the box to breaking a few weeks later. People usually describe it as a less powerful but more smooth T500RS. I'll probably wait for later batches until they work out the kinks. :)

It doesn't work with the PS3 and being an XBone wheel it's unlikely that'll change.

Cheers @Coxis :)

I figured I might be able to do a big and less expensive (than going T500) mod for a friend by removing the rim and using G27 pedals, but that doesn't look likely now. Oh well...

Cheers @Coxis :)

I figured I might be able to do a big and less expensive (than going T500) mod for a friend by removing the rim and using G27 pedals, but that doesn't look likely now. Oh well...
It is unfortunate. We know that Playstation has more flexibility when it comes to USB devices, so it's most probably restrictions by Microsoft that cause the incompatibility. :(

• The Manetino switch is not functional, it only goes up and down and springs back to center position. You can't depress it for an additional button function like with the GTE rim.
Actually this is incorrect as an FYI it acts as the enter button on the Xbox one

Actually this is incorrect as an FYI it acts as the enter button on the Xbox one

What part of that is incorrect so I can edit it?

EDIT: From the looks of the below mappings it doesn't look like it's incorrect, @Wombatman.

Last edited:
Mapping here:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=367&cid=9

TX RW: 458 ITALIA WHEEL - “PC” GENERIC MAPPING:
Tx_458_PC.png

TX RW: 458 ITALIA WHEEL - “XBOX ONE” GENERIC MAPPING:

Tx_458_XB.png

TX RW: FERRARI F1 WHEEL - “PC” GENERIC MAPPING:
Tx_F1_PC_STD.png

TX RW: FERRARI F1 WHEEL - “PC” ADVANCED MAPPING:
Tx_F1_PC_Adv.png

TX RW: FERRARI F1 WHEEL - “XBOX ONE” GENERIC MAPPING:
Tx_F1_XB.png

TX RW: FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE WHEEL - “PC” GENERIC MAPPING:
Tx_GTE_PC.png

TX RW: FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE WHEEL - “XBOX ONE” GENERIC MAPPING:
Tx_GTE_XB.png

• The shifter attachment will most likely connect to the wheel via a PS/2 connector on the back of the base. Possibly no USB support for Xbone shifter.

Does anyone think this will make it a possibility for an adapter to be made for say a fanatec CSS SQ shifter ;)?

Any one knowing Thrustmaster, how possible is it to hope for a TX base version, so that I can combine it with another rim,pedals, shifter without paying for the original rim and pedals?

Back