New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Thanks for the welcome. One question though. Is it OK to use the Driving Line when doing the Qualification? I think it is...just wanted to make sure. :dunce:

Yes, using the line is allowed. 👍

Retired from GT4 racing a while back but definitely looks like we're back in business here. Did get in one session with the R8 but not enough to give it a serious go, maybe this week. I'm pretty good with slow cars, they match my driving style (slow :D).

And g'day, welcome and bugger off to all the aussies who seem to have gravitated here :D Living in merrka now but grew up in oz (first car was a Holden Commodore slushbox).

Wow, you have been in USA for a while? We still call them automatics.:P

Hello, My name is Jamie and I'm a alcoholic. OOPS Wrong Group :drool:

Only joking :D

Yes my name is Jamie, I thought it was about time I joined this event, especially now joining the race admins, and having nothing to do since the IFTC has finished.

Looking forward to propping up the table.

Good Luck All

Cheers Jamie (The Grim Reaper).

👍

Welcome Grim. Does this mean we are going to have more of big brother's eyes watching us?:nervous:

Only joking mate the more the merrier, have fun.

Hic, burp why is my moniter blurry? :confused:

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and can't wait to join the WRS, like to meet all on the tracks.
My name is mike and thinking about a PSN name like GTP_madmike or is this in use allready?

have a nice and clean race

Welcome to GT5P WRS mike1971

for the record, do you use wheel or sixaxis/DS3.

MadMax

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and can't wait to join the WRS, like to meet all on the tracks.
My name is mike and thinking about a PSN name like GTP_madmike or is this in use allready?

have a nice and clean race
Welcome from me too. About your new GTP_ tag, you'll find out when you register to the PSN Network.

Would you make a signature that includes your division and controller device? This is useful for several reasons, and to me as one of the leaderboard updaterers it means that info is always handy whenever I update that board 👍

Ok, I'll keep it in mind bigracer.
Question: how do I change my PSN tag, because I tried it but it doesn't seem possible since I've allready got one, or do I need to format the hard-disk on my PS3?

Question: how do I change my PSN tag, because I tried it but it doesn't seem possible since I've allready got one, or do I need to format the hard-disk on my PS3?

The answer to your problem is in this thread.

and to be more specific: here

Short, create new PSN_Tag to other(different than your current tag) email address and you'll have your GTP_Tag.

MadMax

You have to make a new one Mike. You can have several sub-accounts for each main account.

Hey everybody,

It's great to have found this forum.
I think I have already raced against at least a couple of you
online (and not fared to well :indiff:)

I just started racing online about two months ago after having played all the GT realeases since GT2. In some ways it has been a very humbling experience to find out I'm not quite as good as I thought I was, but it is also good to know that I am racing against the best players out there, so I at least have a way to measure my progress.

I am going to submit my qualifier time (hopefully) sometime within the next few days. The only time I usually have to play is between 21:00 and 2:00 EST/US, so I am going to have to really focus on practicing for this qualifier.
I probably shouldn't worry so much, but I have a funny feeling it is not as easy as it looks. I have posted some decent times with standard physics, but I am still searching for quicker times on pro physics. I know you can't tell--and I don't guess I would want to know anyway, that would spoil it--but I'm guessing I need to be at least in the 1:54.5 to 1:55 flat neighborhood on the qualifier in order to be approved on the registry.

Sounds easy enough, but I think I'm gonna be in for some long nights working on my qualifier. I really hope I make it. I would really enjoy getting to race with you guys, even if I get trounced. It would really be nice to have some clean racing competition for a change.

Anyway, I need to shut up now. It's late, and I'm getting loopy I guess.
I just wanted to say and thanks to everybody involved with this forum.
I have only been a member for a few days now, but it seems like a great community. Hopefully (fingers crossed, lol) I will see you on the track soon as GTP_CarlpKY :)

Keep up the good work

Carl

but I'm guessing I need to be at least in the 1:54.5 to 1:55 flat neighborhood on the qualifier in order to be approved on the registry.

Welcome Carl 👍

There isn't a target time for the qualifier. It doesn't matter how quick/slow you are. Submitting a time is all that's required.
Your resulting time will merely decide which division you will be placed in.
From there,you will have the opportunity to progress by taking part in official events, particularly the WRS.

Haven't said this in a while so......

Welcome to all the new WRS/registry members. :cheers:

Glad to see you back Strop. 👍

And Carl, there is no discussion of lap times for the qualifier. :)

Hello im GTP-DEVIE, I am very happy to be a new member of gtplanet. I love cars and motorsport and look forward to driving hard and competitive races. Look forward to meeting everyone. GTP_DEVIE. :)

Hello, my name is Chad. I go by Chadwicksracing, but everyone calls me CWR because its easier to type.

I just submitted my registry, when it is verified I hope to beat all of you out there.

Good day.

Hello felow racers in the WRS! :)

My name is Bert and I did a couple of races already in the old GT4 WRS like 2 or 3 years ago. Then I was gone for a couple of years.:nervous:

But now I'm back, since i read the good news from amar gt5p is back in my drive all the time. Good to see this is still very much alive.

Greetings and see you guys on the track!! ;)

Lots of new players these days! Welcome all and happy racing. 👍

Hi im Tony
Im Steve sorry about the late reply still learning my way around the forum. Since posting my thread in the new drivers section i have qualified in Division 1 (silver). Look forward to speaking in the future. Thankyou. GTP_DEVIE.

👍

Latest Posts

Back