New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Welcome to the WRS family, you'll have a great time here and all of the virtual competition you need at a fraction of the cost :)

Interesting tag JCH8r

Yeah, I didn't totally think that one through. But, I'm kind of stuck with it at this point. Thanks for the link on the Fetchbot thread. That helps a lot. I knew it was here some place.

Hi everyone,

I'm 27 yr old male from London. Love racing and have played gt1,2,5 and now 6. Have done a few track days here and there, and drive go karts every now and again but as it becomes more affordable, would love to take to the real track far more.

I have been stalking the wrs only recently, I saw it get mentioned in a number of threads, and eventually, had to find our what this seemingly elusive abbreviation actually meant.

I posted a reply on one of the other pages, just saying how awesome this concept is. Seems a shame to find it so late, but also really exciting at the same time.

I've always considered myself to be a good driver, nothing insane, but better than average....Or so I think...:boggled:. Once i have submitted my qualifiers I may be in for a pretty sobering experience :lol::lol: ... But then it will be awesome to constantly try to improve, and be amongst the so called "aliens", one day hopefully 👍👍👍

I look forward to meeting you all soon.

Happy racing

Bert

Hi everyone! I´m new on the forum and a GT lover, I´m here to improve my level, I also race in some spanish forums, I really like this kind of forums and I´m very happy on joining this one, I hope we have nice races. See you on the track!

What is this thing?

Something you need to get into, it's fun, well organised and can increase your enjoyment of the game 👍

Click on the WRS link on my sig for details of how to "get you some of this" :)

Hello all, wanting to gain more experience in this game since my recent times have been improving greatly. I'd like to know if there's a thread that explains how these series works, Is it all one series or are there multiple things going on at a time to help favor what people prefer, thank you in advance.

Just got accepted by the WRS bot.

I have been active in several clubs at GTP for half a year or so. I have been playing GT since first iteration but only since joining I have actually started learning some racing skills.

Looking forward for the next step... So how about those time trials I should do? Where they at? :D

Edit: found it, Miata Sunday then...

Last edited:
I'm thinking about joining this but can I only do the Time Trials? I don't think I can commit myself to race often once I do get a division placement.

It's pretty common for people to do just TT. I only strated doing online races recently and it's a lot of fun. The difference between divisions is not much. There are often close battles between drivers separated by two divisions.

Hello.
New to this sort of thing, but a long time fan of GT series on PS, going some way back. Have uploaded first try at this weeks TT. Hope to improve it before the week is out.
May have to dig out my old wheel from the loft...or get a new one.

Cheers

Hello.
New to this sort of thing, but a long time fan of GT series on PS, going some way back. Have uploaded first try at this weeks TT. Hope to improve it before the week is out.
May have to dig out my old wheel from the loft...or get a new one.

Cheers
I tried this weeks TT... I was like X:XX when everyone else was 1:06... so yea...

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this weeks TT... I was like X:XX when everyone else was 1:06... so yea...
You're not supposed to mention your overall lap time. The people posting splits for the C4 Corvette @ Cape Ring North are only posting sectors 1 & 2, leaving the 3rd a secret.
So you're probably not as far behind as you think. ;)

You're not supposed to mention your overall lap time. The people posting splits for the C4 Corvette @ Cape Ring North are only posting sectors 1 & 2, leaving the 3rd a secret.
So you're probably not as far behind as you think. ;)
Oh, I am sorry! I thought it was only like sector 1 and your final time. :lol: Sorry again!
Thankfully, I did not post EXACT times. :lol:

Back