Nissan Connect NISMO plus and 2015 GTR NISMO coming to GT6 in June?

• Thread starter MCNAGTROC
  • 352 comments
I think it's more to do with Nissan jumping the gun on the update and releasing the info too soon.
Perhaps, but they clearly knew something was coming up on a certain date if they were pulling a ghost announcement.

A better assumption is that Polyphony has made promises to Nissan, Mercedes-Benz (with the E63 AMG and A45 AMG) and Red Bull (with that Red Bull/Hyundai/Pikes Peak article) and couldn't deliver.

PD themselves possibly gave those companies a date and didn't feel it should be accurate.
gran-turismo-13A579.jpg

Maybe PD will learn something from this, but it is more likely that they don't even realize what is going on n the internet.

gran-turismo-13A578.jpg

That's a horrible assumption.

I'm not defending PD here, but those "promises" never came from PD themselves...

This has been happening for some time. PD should make some phone calls to someone in Sony Computer Entertainment to stop speaking on their behalf. Multiple car brands (Volkswagen included) have done this now and I highly doubt all of those automakers are in collusion to make PD and SCE look silly.

Mercedes-Benz released similar press releases on #DriveClub and Forza, BAC released similar for Project CARS and all of them came out on time.

Either PD is completely unaware that someone is speaking on their behalf or silly promises are being made by PD without giving thought to realistic time tables.

You won't regret it. 👍 In Forza 4, I'd spend hours on end in the livery editor alone just designing cars. Also browsing the community checking out other people's liveries and skins and sometimes even purchasing some. Forza's community features is top notch in my opinion, I absolutely love it.
As did I on forza 3.

I know your happy that you get to drive your car before you actually get it, must be a good feeling, and looking forward to your review, from someone that actually drove the real and virtual. I'm one of the ones that happy to see this beautiful machine come to the game and ready to go and to try to run a 7:08 around the ring on comfort softs. Congratulations! :cheers:

Thanks! yeah been waiting a while for this to show up in game.. probably another 2-3 weeks on the real thing.

as for the 7:08 in all fairness full disclosure this car as it sits in game is only capable of about 7:14-7-16 as it lack the N attack parts. still good but I asked Nissan and the test driver(Michael Krumm) and the base NISMO is about 6 secs off the N attack but that car is $250K

Last edited:
@MCNAGTROC Did you order a black one?

Yes. Only difference between the in game one and mine is mine has the Titanium (specV) exhaust option

Hmm. I wonder why most of the Nismo GTRs I see have the Spec V tail pipes :
2015-nissan-gt-r-nismo-9_600x0w.jpg

Perhaps an oversight?

The base NISMO has the standard exhaust . The Ti exhaust is a $13,000 option but you are right most of the ones shown have this equipped. I was quite shocked a few months ago to learn it was not only optional but an additional 13K :guilty: its such a critical part of the cars DNA that to me the car would always feel incomplete without it. its reportedly almost 20lbs lighter

Last edited:
It would be nice if we had factory options like that, not just with the Nismo but all car manufacturers, trim, wheels and performance packages. I just ran a 7:17.xxx with my stock Nismo GT-R with no oil change on sport hards with five mistakes.

I saw that too and was a bit upset as I took the time to put some good info in there for everyone
Yeah man me too, I think is pretty petty that a mod would do that especially with a car of importance such as the GT-R Nismo, I mean I'm not going to say no names but there's 50+ threads where a certain person post lap times around a certain track, but we can't have a couple threads dedicated to a record-breaking car. I guess the mod that did it is one of those another GT-R persons, I guess he said oh another GT-R thread.

Last edited:
So we can't talk about the new NiSMO because its a GT-R?!?!?!? That's some Bull.
Yea, they deleted a whole GT-R Nismo discussion thread that was at two pages within a day for no reason, that is some BULL! But hey what can you do, people always going to hate greatness.

Car's looking nice. Haven't tried it yet though. Sport Hards and the good old magic oil change might make this a new factory "almost-track-car" for my garage. ACR Viper and Corvette ZR-1 make space for your new Asian buddy! :D

The New Nismo GT-R is my new fav Street Car, and the Nismo GT-3 is my Fav GT-3 Racecar.

They both make 591hp stock and 621hp after an oil change (different torque) Its nothing really, but I find it interesting.

I like that the new Nismo is using GT-3 Turbos :D great power off the line, carves corners with the default settings too, very nice...

Last edited:
The GTR Nismo thread turned into a ring lap debate fit for the Auto News section.
Then we quickly went back on topic. I'm pretty sure people go off topic for a little bit in ALL threads. What that Mod did was wrong I was really looking forward to talking about the car.

The New Nismo GT-R is my new fav Street Car, and the Nismo GT-3 is my Fav GT-3 Racecar.

They both make 591hp stock and 621hp after an oil change (different torque) Its nothing really, but I find it interesting.

I like that the new Nismo is using GT-3 Turbos :D great power off the line, carves corners with the default settings too, very nice...

Identical turbo(IHI) from the SpecV as well.
An interesting little fact is this turbo is also the same turbo Subaru uses in a recent version of their single turbo sti spec-c jdm only car

The NISMO and the GT3 feature almost identical engines in real life with the turbos as the only thing that truly separates them is the GT3 gets a standalone engine management (motec I think)

Identical turbo(IHI) from the SpecV as well.
An interesting little fact is this turbo is also the same turbo Subaru uses in a recent version of their single turbo sti spec-c jdm only car

The NISMO and the GT3 feature almost identical engines in real life with the turbos as the only thing that truly separates them is the GT3 gets a standalone engine management (motec I think)

You should make a dedicated thread on the Nismo GT-R, you have quite a bit of info and since you will be driving the real thing you have insider info. I think the thread will stay as long as it doesn't turn into a battle over Nurb times.

This thread is too much about the wait, possibility, etc I think.

Pointing at my SiG if you want to have some fun. I also plan on doing a Laguna Secca Time Attack thread soon.

Back